This Week's Question: What are You Currently Doing to Achieve Financial Freedom?

Financial freedom can be in 5, 10, 20 years.

The important thing is defining what financial freedom is: a life without having to rely on a job (which you may not like) to comfortably live. A life where you don’t stress about potentially running out of money due to sickness, accidents, etc., where you can do things you enjoy without worrying about getting paid for it.

What are you doing today to achieve this?

8 Likes

Hello and sacrifice more intended than your words!

Financial freedom is to be able to be a philanthropist.

1 Like

Investing growth and innovative companies.
At the moment this means Tesla .

Learning how to trade and invest my money. Coming around to the idea of selling my car for a E bike. That alone could save 10% of my salary. Another bonus is it should improve my health meaning i will have less issues later in life. With increased health comes increased mental health. That should have another benefit of improving my trading. (In fact after writing this answer i am going to do it.)

2 Likes

Hello guys ! :smiley:

There is no financial freedom without sacrifice, be it in personal projects or in groups / societies.

At this moment I am still “prisoner” of job 9-19, however it’s a detail of my day. Other than that, I have several projects with colleagues, from marketing to trading itself, each with its specialty and dedication. I minimize expenses, from the car, to the shower. I dedicate my remaining free time (after 9-18 and my projects) to reading, learning and sports.

It is a very busy phase, but it is one of the infinite paths to achieve the financial freedom. :muscle:

Cheers,

4 Likes

That’s definitely a double win for you! Glad you live in a city that allows you to use an e-bike!

Wow, you have a pretty busy day! Glad you still have time to spare for our little community here! Thanks for sharing and I wish you more energy and good health to keep continuing this very busy life!

3 Likes

This is a great subject - If I may suggest- it could be something which is permanently pinned and perhaps even expanded to it’s own subject area !

I achieved mine 29/10/2020 when I paid off my house.

It took me 22 years but I was 46 when I started - and left “home” with £40 - a clapped out car having (Literally ) only 3 brakes - a 14 year old kid and my capacity for survival.

It’s late here so I’ll come back = but ;

• Lose debt (certain caveats - to be expanded)
  • minimise living expenditure
  • Maximise income

Great thread - :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Think Laterally ! :wink:

4 Likes

I run an “E class” Merc - with my name on the number plate - we CAN be a little ostentatious ! :wink:

3 Likes

I have financial freedom. ALso all my work is online so covid did not matter to me.

Me as well. I sold my business in 2019 and was enjoying traveling until covid appeared.
Looking at buying a new boat so I can sail down to Central America and the Caribbean when this is all over.

4 Likes

This word has a very deep meaning. Lazy people get attracted by this very quickly as they want to use the shortcut. However, one needs a solid plan, a foundation, discipline and skills within himself to achieve this.
My whole day remains occupied as I have to take care of my job, family, myself and my future goals. I believe I am headed right towards my path of the Financial freedom.

1 Like

for financial freedom one has to work hard, plan, workout, take steps and have never die attitude. it can take years as one of persons wrote in the post. people can get it early… i believe it a mix of hardwork and luck.

AH I have lots of kids so enjoying them rather than travel lol

I have just started earning and for me, financial freedom means fulfilling my needs and wants on my own.

2 Likes

Financial freedom in this sense is not the same thing as happiness, or a good life. Money by itself is not a motivator and humans (generally) seek more out of life than just being able to lie in bed and not go to work, or just drifting along doing whatever takes our fancy. That soon leads to boredom, frustration and a dissatisfaction with life that can end up leading people in bad directions.

This definition of financial freedom is only gained by having money, lots of it, and not by just earning more in a different way like trading forex. That would probably be more stressful and binding than a normal employee type job. In fact, this is more a case of financial independence than financial freedom , which is not quite the same thing.

There are many other sides to life that are more important than money and which money cannot always achieve. To mention a few: good health, relations with other people, hobbies and interests, living in a safe community without political oppression, corruption or high crime rates.

It is the meaningful things in life that are the valuable things. And in that sense financial freedom only needs to be enough to provide the basics in life and the opportunities to do achieve what is personally meaningful.

3 Likes

What am I currently doing today to achieve financial freedom?

I began my financial freedom by joining this group to learn how to be a Forex Trader; and I am a total novice with the desire of becoming financially independent with no worries of where my money is coming from…I will learn HOW to create my own income that will afford me the “Lifestyle” I seek for myself and for my family. Thank you for allowing me to join!

2 Likes

Financial freedom for me is doing what I want to do. Although I have a job but to fulfil my interests I always look for other sources of income too, forex trading is one of those.