This Week's Question: What's Something Interesting You've Learned Recently?

Talk about a 90s classic Disney show, Wow, this is the last place I expected to talk about TV shows and what do I find on my first post. hehe. It’s a really nice coming of age series. :grinning:

2 Likes

I had my first one when I was 12 and that was with an Older cousin. and I don’t remember much of that night. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can you share with us the methods? Interested to know about it!

1 Like

Nice to find someone who watched the show, and boy, time has been kind to the cast. When they appear in 2014 series, most of them not only looks exactly alike and more handsome too. It’s nice to see that.

When I first learned about that,
mind blown

I was like that too…It was a revelation.

1 Like

Never ever give your six pennies to Sam Bankman!!!:grin:

1 Like

I have learnt to be patient.

1 Like

I’ve learned that smart money is the cause of my losses when the pattern lies

1 Like

Have you ever had a dream that you, um, you had, your you could you’ll do, you- you wants, you, you could do so, you- you’ll do, you could- you, you want, you want him to do you so much you could do anything?

What’s going on with the way you asked it? I feel like I missed something.

4 Likes

1 Like

I recently learned that some trading commentators regard a Bill Williams fractal high as a buy signal and some traders regard it as a sell signal.

A fractal high is a 5-candle pattern in which the middle candle has a higher high than the two candles before it and the two candles after it. Hold up your left hand - see the middle finger is higher than the two fingers to the left and the finger and thumb to the right? That’s what a classic fractal high looks like.

Bill Williams traded it as a buy signal, entering long when the high of the middle candle is breached.

I wonder when did people start claiming he was saying the exact opposite of what he actually said?

I think it’s time to enjoy them late autumn walks in the countryside

1 Like

Assuming you know nothing and have no equipment - buy a 5 lltre bottle of water (Clear square bottle) from supermarket (about £1) Drink the water.

then buy 1 litre grape juice and pour into bottle then add 2.5 lb sugar and shake.
add yeast (a sachet of bakers yeast will do)
Add water to fill the bottle to the bottom of the shoulder.

Cut a small piece of clear plastic bag and cover the top of the bottle. use an elastic band to secure the plastic fairly tightly (not too tight) - this will
a) - keep the flies out
b) - let the CO2 escape

Put in a warmish place and it will soon start to fizz. (You have now become an evil “destroyer of the world” - by making your very own Carbon Dioxide !) [ Your “brew” will reease about 1.25 lb of CO2 into the atmosphere!]
Depending on the temperature it will eventually slow down fizzing and start to go clear. Ther will be a layer of sediment on th bottom of the bottle (this is yeast - setlling) - and if you drink it will taste pretty bad.

When the liquid is clear enough for you to put your hand on the far side of the bottle and be able to see your fingerprints - either syphon the clear liquid into another container - or pour it very carefully so as not to disturb the sediment.

You have now made wine !

It may not taste very strong - but it will be around 11-12% abv (alcohol by volume) and WILL “do the business” !

You need more equipment to make beer - Just buy a “Brew Kit” from a Supermarket or a Wine making shop (or ebay) and follow the instructions.

And don’t tell your Mum I told you how to do it ! :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t that what I call a “swing high” ? and I’m not sure anybody - “Billy W” or otherwise can claim ownership of something we can all see every hour or so on a 5 minute chart !

What You arew talking about is a “break of a previous high” n’est ce pas ? Something which may be sensible if we have regard to the dominant trend - or longish moving average.

However, You cannot simply interpret it that way. - Well I suppose you can if you take note of your caveat

Perhaps the “commentators” you speak of are assuming that the next “Swing high” will be a “lower high” - which would not be unreasonable - depending on the characteristics of Support and Resistance on the particular chart - it could give an early entry in certain circumstances at a level the chart may not see again for a long time.

1 Like

Sure. Its a fact that Bill Williams fractals are often seen in many other reversal patterns, pull-backs, retracements from support/resistance etc. Its a simple technique which he used, so simple it had been around for a long time.

Its certainly possible to trade profitably away from a swing H/L, but the odd thing is that many people say this is what he said. This is the opposite of what he said, he said you should trade through the breach of a swing H/L.

The distinction is worth nothing because its ideas like that which get new traders short in uptrends and long in downtrends. And then its Goodnight Vienna.

Hahaha, it’s a mimic of a video of a kid trying to explain or ask a question to someone and they kept stuttering so it ended up being the way he just asked lmao

2 Likes

I have learnt about basics of trading forex.

1 Like

I learned how to shoot coins with a snap of the fingers like Barton was teaching Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series.

I found a video on youtube and in the comments, a lot of people came to that video because of the Hawkeye series as well. haha

I can shoot pennies, but I haven’t learned to aim very well. Sometimes, I can hit the thing I’m aiming for, like a cardboard box, or a big soda bottle.

One time, I was aiming for a pen, and I actually hit it on the third shot. It’s fun!

1 Like

In the US, there’s a mullet competition. USA! USA!
The winner of 2021:

1 Like

Kate Bush fans are called Fish People.(after her record label) (probably)

1 Like