This Week's Question: What's Something Interesting You've Learned Recently?

I just learned who Kate Bush is.

1 Like

She was the posh version of Debbie Harry AKA Blonde

1 Like

Yeah but Blondie was actually good. haha

I watched that video of her Wuthering Heights video. It’s mos def not my cup of tea.

I was joking about the similarities, the group blonde and Kate,though both were good inovative artists.

KB Burst on the scene in the UK from nowhere, as precocious, talented,ceative 17 year old.

2 Likes

You might not know her name too well but you will have heard some of her most popular songs. Not very commercial but a unique talent.

2 Likes

My musical taste is weird, so what do I know? Obviously her music has done well, so that pretty speaks for itself, regardless of what I think.

Actually, her voice pitch in that song reminds me of soca chutney. It’s a style of music from the Caribbean. It mixes Caribbean and Indian music. It often features high-pitched female vocals.

1 Like

She was an individual that what creativity is

Thanks for the link - I love experiencing different musical styles. I don’t love this but its well done and good fun.

2 Likes

It’s all good. Different stroke for different folks.

Perhaps you’ll enjoy the comedic element of this one. He’s singing about how he can’t get a girl to like him. It’s all good fun. That’s all.

You may be glad to know that chutney is also a condiment!

It’s quite a shock the first time you see a person of Indian descent speak with a Caribbean accent!

He’s OK.

I like my Indian chutneys - always have some in the house. They’re often complimentary with papadums before a meal in an Indian restaurant in the UK. The best might be brinjal bhaji.

1 Like

Learning that even though it makes great toast :bread:,white breads nutrition is virtually nil

2 Likes