This Week's Question: What's the Best Financial Advice You've Ever Received?

We asked you last time what financial advice you’d give yourself at 18. This time, we want to know:

What’s the best financial advice you’ve ever received?

This could be from someone you know, a book you read, maybe even from a movie. As long as it’s yielded you positive results whether immediate or in the long-term, we’d love to hear it!

5 Likes

don’t go shopping when you’re hungry, it’s the best advice in any senses

7 Likes

Live beneath your means.

4 Likes

@jessoprules I feel like you’re going to respond to this with “buy bitcoin” :laughing:

2 Likes

“Never borrow money”~ My Grandad who went from absolutely nothing to multi millionaire.
Another favorite was “Any one who calls themselves a professional is not a professional”

5 Likes

Do not miss the least of the chances of getting money

1 Like

get travel insurance.

1 Like

I’m sorry. But, but, what does that even mean?

I have an idea, but I want to be certain.

Don’t deposit and start live trading anytime soon.

3 Likes

Definitely would if you had not beat me to it :wink:

1 Like

Buy Bitcoin…

3 Likes

Okay. I won’t until I understand

1 Like

Never go shopping when you’re in a bad mood. Your wallets ends up empty.

2 Likes

The best advice I have received is pay yourself first, a very powerful concept and the philosophy first mentioned in the Richest Man in Babylon and Rich Dad, Poor Dad.

4 Likes

“You have the tools to be independent - to do this yourself.

1. Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
  2. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
  3. Do not believe in anything because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
  4. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your books.
  5. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
    But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason…then accept it and live up to it.” - The Buddha
6 Likes

“The fruits of your success will be in direct ratio to the honesty and sincerity of your effort in keeping your own records, doing your own thinking, and reaching your own conclusions. The average man doesn’t wish to be told that it is a bull or a bear market. What he desires is to be told specifically which particular stock to buy or sell. He wants to get something for nothing. He does not wish to work. He doesn’t even wish to have to think.” – Jesse Livermore

‘‘Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.’’** - Warren Buffett

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

To go along with tha I think it was Jim Rogers who said “I buy my straw hats in the fall”

Do window shopping prior

Buy Tesla
I followed it :wink:

https://www.etoro.com/people/cavaliereverde/stats