This Week's Question: What's Your Best Life Quote?

Last time, I asked about your best money quote. This time around, it’s going to be a lot more generic. Something that even a non-trader can use or remember.

What’s your best life quote?

It could be a quote you made yourself, maybe a mantra you have on your wall, a quote you picked up from a book – anything! As long as it’s one that inspires you.

Here’s mine. Unfortunately, I don’t know where it came from. Ha.

“You can’t have change without loss.”

P.S. Do you read the quotes at the bottom of the BabyPips.com pages?

4 Likes

If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success

2 Likes

This quote has stuck with me ever since I first heard it many years ago, and it has held a central role in all I do ever since. It is actually a quote from Paul in the Christian bible. It is perfect in its ambition and yet recognises that in spite of our own efforts, it is not always achievable due to external circumstances beyond our own control:

“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”

2 Likes

Fat girls are more grateful AND always up for a breakfast the next day…

2 Likes

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things
I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

4 Likes

Not meaning to sound controversial

Youth is wasted on the young

Oscar Wilde

Correction George Bernhard Shaw

3 Likes

Fat girls are more grateful AND always up for a breakfast the next day…
[/quote]

Who qoute is that Tony Curtis ?

“What you allow, will continue.”

3 Likes

an original from experience lol

1 Like

“A positive mindset brings positive things.” This is something I stick to in all aspects of my life, including trading.

2 Likes

My best life quote as a trader will be - “Consistency is the key to success, not motivation”.
Because you know, as a trader you have to trade regularly and be consistent, you have to update your strategies to keep making them better and outperform the volatile unpredictable market.

for me, the best life quote is, "Your Success is what matters most."
most of us, we wanted our very best, and others not.
everything we do is for the best in life, and others not.
why not do the reverse side? even if you are not yet successful in life, time will come that you also will become successful.
because if you feed to others the knowledge and skills, their success is what matters and you feel very happy coz you see the success of others with the knowledge and skills you shared to them. And in return, they will say to you, “Your Success is what matters most.” and they feed you in other way, for good.

and lastly, allow me to add this quote as a trader,
" To be successful at trading forex
is to be successful at learning to ‘wait’ on the right opportunity,
being at the right place, and at the right time."

I don’t particularly have a favourite as I tend to get inspired by various sources. Here are just a few of my favs and the1st one kinda sums me up perfectly;

1. Variety is the spice of life
  2. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication
  3. Before anything else being ready is the key to success
  4. Life is useless
1 Like

I wonder the same :thinking:
the quotes are so far down below the page that it’s easy to forget that they’re there if you weren’t already used to scrolling down and reading them

“Evil cannot triumph over good. For a time, yes, but only for a time.”

I just saw this a few minutes ago, and it spoke to me right away. :pray:

“Do good and good will come to you.”

Wisdom from one of more experienced peers, when I started my career:
“If you can do something right, don’t do it wrong.” :slight_smile: It was more a joke, but deep one and very true :wink:

(second one was “Wall is also a state of mind.”)

As a man believes in his heart, so he is.

Remember why you started
Remember what matters
Remember what you’re doing it all for