Time to crack some pips ICT style!

Nice bro, I took that same trade :stuck_out_tongue: I had been eyeing the 1.2950 level for a long time, and when today’s S2 pivot lined up with that OTE, I was more than happy to catch that falling knife and enter :wink: The best part about it was actually the H4 stochastic divergence which should send it up nicely, so let’s wait and see!

Congrats by the way :smiley: You’re gonna be in the green soon bro! :smiley:

Thx, but thats not my 1st account that ended up in the red :frowning: I have still got a long way to go, but I’ll get there :wink:

Wow, massive retracement now… Not looking good

Lets see if the ADR to the bottom stops it, other wise it is going to turn out in to a losing trade for me :frowning:

Same… my stop is 1.2925 and it hit a low of 1.2929 so far… :frowning:

Ah well. Too bad we didn’t trade the GBP. It looks like it’s at least diverging for a nice long entry from 1.6180…

me too :frowning: not a good day today.

I can’t beleve I didn’t look at that chart that way today :frowning: Guess it was to far from the 1H OTE where the EUR was and I didn’t think of trading it today :frowning:

Oh well, I took out most of this EUR trade now and moved stops to almost take it out where it is… Kinda sucks if you risked 2% to take 0.5% profit from a trade… On the bright side, I could have lost 2% and I didn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

HTF S/R levels coupled with reflection entry patterns and other confluences (i.e. inst. levels/pivot levels/etc) can prove to be excellent opportunities.

I favored cable solely because of the HTF weekly s/r level at 1.6164 – I didn’t see a very strong support level on the fiber (unless you use Sept. 12 daily high which comes in at 1.2935, but that would have invalidated the fiber reflection pattern). The ensuing higher lows on cable just confirmed there was more buying in cable. USDX also diverged.

OTE gave my entry. Double tap.

Don’t mean to clutter your thread, just posting per a recent conversation where you asked I share some of my trades.

As for where this is going, I’m wary that we’re currently in OTE zone on the swing from today’s daily high and low, but the OTE zone that has me more concerned is the larger swing from the previous day’s high to today’s low, considering the 1.6243 “fair value zone” of this week’s Z-day lines up with OTE sweet spot (and look at the clean level at 1.6235 lining up with today’s Asia High and yesterday’s NY high). Beyond that, I’ll be looking for the highs at 1.6270 and turtle soup of 1.6300 thereafter. Watching out for tonight’s LO judas as well, but SL is at BE after TP1 so capital has been preserved.

BTW, nice to see you recovered from the loss earlier this month. That is a large amount of trades for 1 week though.

Awesome stuff bro! :smiley: If only I had been looking through your eyes instead of my own :wink: Haha thanks for posting the trade, it is always a pleasure to see ICT tools working like an absolute charm. We’ve got a duty to show everyone how awesome Mr Huddleston is! Haha, anyway congrats on that trade :slight_smile:

Yep, overtraded heavily this week again, but remember that the myFXbook system makes it look a bit worse than it is, because when I take off half the trade it counts one trade as two effectively. I’m still struggling with the concept of taking profits at 30 pips. Yesterday I was up over 4% and i watched in horror as the market turned around and killed my trades. Why why WHY do I struggle with that so much? :o I need to get into the habit, so that it becomes mechanical. Impatience and greed, probably the number 1 and 2 killers in FX!

Didn’t realize that – great trade today btw, nicely done for a healthy return PM.

Alright, it has taken a week to get the courage to share. Here are the results from last week, -10%. What I’m wondering is if I can drop it another 10% this week? Holy crap, this sucks!

Going forward: .5% until I make 50% of the drawdown back. Once I get that back I will go up to 1%. Finally, once I get back to 2K I will go up to 1.5% and probably stay there for a while.

What happened??? Well, I took 3 trades on the same day at the same time. I also only used 10, 12, and 15 pip stops on those trades. After losing 6% in one day I took two more trades resulting in a further 4% drop in equity during the rest of the week. (overtrading :58:)

This week:

1. I will watch the higher time frame for my setups not the 5 minute chart, that error might have contributed to my down fall as well.
  2. I will be working on learning the SMT as well. I will be using it with all highly correlated pairs out there, but not trading with it.
  3. I will not over trade! No more than 5 trades, and I know that is probably 4 to many!
  4. Trade with only .5% risk
  5. Let my trade run to its final profit target.

If anyone has any comment or suggestions, I would love to hear what you have to say. Also as I am feeling guilty a public flogging is acceptable as well.

Here is the proof of how bad I messed up!

Sept 23rd 2012.png - 4shared.com - photo sharing - download image - Sammy Wisdom

Yeah bro, cut down the number of trades like you advised :stuck_out_tongue: It works like a charm, I’ve just gotta cut down on that damn greed!!!

I will most certainly do that! :wink: And you won’t give it back bro, we’ve got a duty to show everyone that ICT’s tools are golden, so hold onto those profits with everything you’ve got! I know I am NOT going to let someone make deposits out of my account like I did earlier in the week… Let’s push for a nice end to the month, and get ready to dominate October as well :wink:

Hey bro - don’t let it get you down!! It’s a learning process, and believe me, patience is not a common commodity in most people’s inventory!

I would suggest that you post your trade ideas here so that we can all look at them together and see what is going on :slight_smile: I find that it helps me significantly when I journalise my trades (not just here, I mean in my trade journal), because I especially look back on my losses and pick them apart to find reasons why they went wrong. So far, almost 95% of them are as a result of me taking a trade without all those checkboxes ticked. There is great merit in analysing trades.

Also, force yourself to make it a habit to cut risk after a loss. The chances of another loss following the initial one are immense, so why put that extra risk on the line? Once you do it enough, it’ll become second nature to you, I promise :slight_smile:

Anyway bro, all the best for this week, and keep believing that this is possible, because it damn well is :smiley:

Today is a day that will stand in infamy as far as my trading is concerned. But it will also be the most pivotal day of trading so far. For anyone who has been following this thread, I thank you so very much for showing an interest in my journey to success so far. I want you all to hold me accountable to my declaration that today is the day that brings about a massive change in my discipline. September 26, 2012, like my account name, THE TIME IS NOW!

I can’t believe how simple trading is and yet how beyond easy it is to let it all fall apart, purely because of greed and impatience, and an incessant desire to want to see progress. Nevertheless, from the journey so far I am completely and utterly confident that I will become a successful trader, starting TODAY! Yep, TODAY!

Watch this space boys, it’s time to really start cracking some pips like the master himself!

Gone long on EUR/USD at 1.2853

Reasons:
OTE at previous days H and L
Significant SMT divergence on the 15m with USDX.
Previous S/R level
Below the daily pivot - buy

So far up 20 pips. Hope it continues to 30 before I take some off.

Gotta be harsh right now. I just love how you say “the time is now” and went doing the same thing anyway:)

No SL at all. I saw at one moment you had them but deleted all after some time. Thats a gold star right away :slight_smile:
Second thing is later on you have increased your unit count from 777 units to 3210 shorting fiber.

By the way one of your cable trades should have been closed already as it went more than ICT risks.

And gotta say, i have been following you with interest. But you usually risk more than 2% daily which is really not a style ICT trades. And made already 21 trades this week.

I think you should stop trying to prove something to community and focus on your own problems. I think that month where you earned 20% (i believe risking more than 2% daily basis) got into your head and this is the result.

Yes i ****ed up pretty bad myself i don’t have any right to put you into a **** pile with talks like that. But when i said time is now, i went on a brake, i started reading “The Disciplined Trader”, started holding my own rules.

I will post my new account after my 3 months trial period. Then i will let myself be judge like you once again.

No hard feelings i hope, but what you are doing is just plain wrong. And days were you finish in profit after all (overtrading and overlevereging) is teaching new comers bad habits.

Alright, time to publicly disgrace myself. I am STILL a complete newbie. I have gone back to EVERY SINGLE mistake a newbie trader makes, and all in a vain attempt to regain those lost profits. If I can’t handle my emotions, I well and TRULY do not deserve to be in this business. You all deserve every single cent I have on the line, and unless I seriously wake up and smell the roses, my grave is already prepared for me in the traders’ graveyard.

I am right back to square one. The best part about it is that ICT’s concepts are pure gold and work each and every time. I understand know when ICT said that he can publish his trading methods in a trade journal somewhere and people still wouldn’t make money from it. It’s because emotions are the number one reason why traders fail. As far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t be surprised if EVERY SINGLE trading system is actually the holy grail. As for me, my holy grail is controlling my emotions. Until the day I do that, I can NEVER be considered a successful trader. I just HAVE TO learn patience.

So scratch whatever I said yesterday, I should’ve been writing what I’m writing now. I’m starting right at the lowest of the low again. From now on the foundation of my trading will be patience. A foundation which needs to be built properly before I can even think of having these delusions of success. I am massively grateful to certain people on this forum who take the time to help me in my journey and show me where I’m going wrong. Akeakamai, sladhaFX, my boys SanJ and tycoon83, liftoff, PipJoker, basically anyone who has given me any advice, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Please carry on wacking me into shape!

Anyway, my rambling is over! I’ve got some interesting work to do :wink:

PipJoker bro, trust me you are 100% on the money. I will be the first to admit that these last two weeks I have traded like a complete and utter retard. A noob in every sense of the word. I chased my 10% goal so hard that I threw complete caution to the wind and overtraded, risked too much, moved and cancelled SLs, basically went against every single rule I have written in my journal.

Please don’t feel as if you are not entitled to blast me away for my horrific trading. The reality is that I am nowhere near what I thought I was. I am completely slave to my emotions. Horrific trading and I am beyond ashamed…

Hi man! Im just letting you know I have subscribed to your thread a long time ago, and I’m reading it every day :slight_smile:

Please make it, you and SanJ and the other guys are really helping me out, with all these honest post! Please keep it up, take whatever time you need, and come back strong, you really are a big inspiration to a lot of us, and you can make it!

My little rant is over, good luck, and Im crossing my fingers for you :slight_smile: