Time to crack some pips ICT style!

Thanks for kind words :slight_smile:

I just started to maintain a position in life which means that as long as everything works out for a person no matter how he does it, he will still keep doing that. For changes to come, one of the following has to happen:

(1) a person understands that it is wrong and has to have a lot of will to change it (for example you will start off with a losing streak even if you do everything right but just bad luck. The thought of the time where overleverege and overtraded was successful and worked out will always be there. And at critical moments that memory will come screaming back and weak psychological preparation can and will blast to the same habits).

(2) a person receives huge financial blows and emotional pain (my story), and then starts to change himself not wanting to feel like that ever again.

That means YOU have to have a need for changes. And only YOU can change yourself, your habits. Not me criticising you, not anybody here in this thread. Thatā€™s why i started to rarely say anything to anybody, because i know that its useless unless something happens. BUT today i just couldnā€™t take it seeing how you trade PureMuscle :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I will add just a little story not related to trading :slight_smile:

Nowadays a lot of young children suffer from obesity. Its huge problem and nobody knows what to do. I liked one particular story. A child is super overweight, parents are lost. They try to force him all kinds of eating healthy/living healthy habits with no luck. A 11 year old kid even started to MAKE his own food, cook etc (am amazed of that because by 11 years i was capable of only playing video games and having fun) just to keep that huger satisfy.

But! The family had a trip to Disneyland. And this child faced a embarrassing and painful encounter when he wasnā€™t able to fit into roller coasters chair. That particular event shocked him so deeply that he started living healthy, eating less etc and in the end lost unnecessary weight.

Sorry for cluttering this thread with my own thoughts. I promise, last post upcoming months ;))

Good luck unlearning what you have learned and changing old habits with new ones.

Hahaha you finally got through to me - I closed the trade the instant I saw this :wink:

Thanks again guys for the thoughts and especially for pulling me over the coals again - You guy are legends! :smiley: Richard you can bet your life Iā€™m gonna make it :wink:

First things first, my priority is now pure patience, and Iā€™ll be damned if I donā€™t get this concept under wraps! So PJ, Iā€™m undergoing that change you spoke about :wink:

Hey bro
Although I wish everyone the best the truth is there are only a few people that I really really want to see succeed, people who I feel deserve it. You are one of them.
Now, I donā€™t believe that anything anyone says to you will make a difference, I honestly donā€™t, me and you are in the same boat because we are trading with real money, and i think you will only learn by losing money cause I know it hurts lol. Keep losing money and the pain will either make u keep looking at why till you get better or you will quit once blowing your account.

That said I will chuck my 2 pence worth of advice only cause it has helped me and I hope it will do the same for you.

ā€¦ Every time you are about to take a trade ask yourself. "If this is the only trade I can for the while week would I be taking itā€™

If not put the mouse down and walk away. Cream only baby!!

Good luck bro, Iā€™ll be seeing you at the finish line Iā€™m sure of that.

P.s donā€™t risk more that 2% itā€™s not cool !!

Noting of interest to report for the past week. I stayed out of the market with my real account. I managed 1 demo trade, got in just above the low at 1.6150 and pulled the plug at 1.6241. That would have been a 1:3 R:R, if only I could do that for real!

Well, now that I have refocused I think Iā€™m ready for this next week.

I donā€™t fully understand how MyFxbook works but it says that I have a 57% draw down! The last time I check $304/$2000 was 15%.
SammyWisdom System | Myfxbook

Well you started off with $100 which you ran down to $48ā€¦ie you had a drawdown of 57% of your account. Then you made a deposit and from that deposit you have a drawdown of 15% which you can see by looking at the Absolute Gain row. But your maximum drawdown is still %57 which wonā€™t change unless you exceed that sometime in the future.

Hi everyone,
well as I understood it isnā€™t very good to have 57% draw down, so SammyW has lost a lot of money. Maybe it would be better to train on demo account and to work out the right strategy not loosing money and than try spend real money. Who can request proper variant?
Thanks.
Happy trading.

You can never learn how to trade with emotions using a demo account . I ll advise him to only trade with a 50 dollar live balance until he can double it. If you can not turn 50 into 100ā€¦a larger capital is not going to make it easy

Agreed with liftoff. Trading a demo account is great for practicing or perfecting your strategy, but it is a whole different ball game when it comes to dealing with drawdown on a live account.

Remember that his drawdown came from a $100 account, but he now has $2000 deposited, so the drawdown is misleading.

What just happened today PM? 8 trades in a day? And I thought I overtradedā€¦ Cā€™mon, donā€™t go into ā€˜blow upā€™ mode, take a few days off as the guys adviced. We all want you to succeed!

PM,
Look at the title of your thread and ask yourself if youā€™re doing it justice.

Lower your weekly/monthly targets. Even significantly. Maybe that will keep you out of trades and help you actually achieve your initial objectives as paradoxical as it may seem. Whatever it is, you can work it out. You put in the time, demand the best.

Thanks guys, excellent advice from all :slight_smile: I am the first to admit how awful Iā€™m doing at following my rules. I have come to realise that there are some things I need to set straight before I get into the markets again. My priorities are a mess right now and I think I owe it to myself to take a long, hard look at this. The only way Iā€™m gonna do that is by taking a break. I canā€™t carry on just eating, drinking and sleeping forex all day :wink: Haha thatā€™s probably why I took 8 trades in one day!
One good thing that came out of this whole thing is that despite my horrific trading, I have still journalised my results, so itā€™s as clear as day where things went wrong. So Iā€™ll be taking some time off to analyse those results, but more importantly to change my mindset.

Letā€™s just be thankful that I didnā€™t kill all my profits! :wink:

Iā€™ll be back soon guys, keep the flag flying! :slight_smile:

Hey PM. I whatched your fxbook, I donā€™t know if that is the reason I did the same or if I was doing the same and you can tell me what you did wrongā€¦

I donā€™t see my error and that is dangorous. 4 Trades in one day is not so bad, not in our time zone at least. We can trade LO and NYO aswell. Do that on 2 pairs and itā€™s 4 trades.

What I really want to know is what did you do wrong with your analysis? I canā€™t figure out what I did that was so wrong and thats not usually the case.

Iā€™ll be completely honest with you bro, in my mind there wasnā€™t all that much wrong with my analysis. I was trading with the H4 market flow, in line with the higher TFs and with market structure, trading divergences only, hitting the right pivot zones etc. So from a technical standpoint I wasnā€™t doing THAT much wrong (donā€™t get me wrong, I was still making mistakes, like trading two pairs at once!). But it just cements the idea in my head that sometimes the market will do whatever it needs to, and there is nothing you can do about it. The reality is that I overtraded in an environment where things arenā€™t all that clear-cut at the moment. I took entries that may have seemed technically sound, but they werenā€™t IDEAL entries that I would take if I could only take one trade a week. So again it comes down to a behavioral issue - patience.

I also failed miserably in containing risk. Another emotion-fueled response. These are the things I need to work on. Itā€™s not ICT tools or analysis or anything like that, itā€™s just the human element. I need the break because itā€™ll help me to focus on that more. I donā€™t think it comes from an attitude of just ā€œcarry on carrying onā€ if you get my meaning. I have proven that I can trade successfully using ICTā€™s concepts, I just need to sort out my mindset, and a few weeks investment in that seems more than worth it :slight_smile:

Congrats for your attempt and your honest debriefing. Sure you will grow from here.

After some time away from the market I have returned! However, while I was gone my PC died and I am left to do everything on my Mac. So I havenā€™t been able to use Metatrader for my analysis, which is like having a broken finger!

Anyways this morning I spotted a fractal on the daily GU chart. I didnā€™t wait for a nice entry I just shorted!

My risk was 2% which was 80 pips. Through the day I have slowly trailed my stop down. Right now Iā€™m at about 27 pips of risk, but Iā€™m worried about where it is now. I think if price continues down, there is a chance the area my stop is at will get tested again.

Any suggestions???

I think I will let this trade run until it gets stopped, either positive or negative.

80 pips stop is more than twice the recommended amount.
Put the stop 10 pips above the swing high if short.

I just looked at what 2% of risk would be for the remaining balance of my account, turns out it was 80 pips. (80 pips according to the risk calculator here on BP) :smiley:

Iā€™m not a complete idiot, Iā€™ll refrain from giving a resume, but apparently this topic (forex & ICTā€™s methods) completely evades me!
:confused:

2% is the limit, but less is ok if not recommended