Time to crack some pips ICT style!

Looks good Sybrand - seems like the dollar is going up now - after clipping my SL by 0.3 pips of course… Sigh, the one thing I don’t like about Oanda is their massively inflated spreads during news events.

Hey PureMuscle,

I dont get this one. I mean, if the mindset is right on why stepping away from trades, if the entry criterias are met?

Cheers

“If the mindset is right” is the operative phrase. When I am confident that I am able to trade without emotions getting in the way, then I’d have no problems trading even after I’ve reached my goals. The problem (my problem) is that when I meet my goals easily (i.e on Tuesday already) I get so eager for more profits that I push trades that aren’t ideal and then end up paying the price. So I end up taking trades which are not in line with my entry criteria. Anyway, moral of the story is that I’m not going to use goals anymore because it puts too much pressure on me.

I’m not sure as to goal. If you have no aim what for to start trading? As to me I use money management. Maybe it works the power of thought I reach what I want for today? What is more profitable to use trade with or without goals per day?

welcome to the club mate. Focus on maintaining a positive expectancy and improving the sharpe ratio. Having a gain goal just puts unnecessary pressure on you. You can not force money out of the market, you can only take what the market gives you.

Sigh - I seriously suck at this :frowning: I’m not getting better, only worse.

Just relax… and remember … [I][B]You learn more from your mistakes than from your successes[/B][/I].

8 trades today… slow down mate… you are the profitable student. dont mess it up

Don’t say that!!! I get my motivation from you and the others here on this thread! Bad day that is all! Good luck.

That’s how ive been feeling. Only way to truly fail is to stop trying. It might hurt your pride or your ego but it won’t hurt your chances. Take 2 weeks off and when you come back to trading leave the forums alone. You don’t need any extra pressure everyone is their own worst critic.

Stop staying up at night then…

Pure, please dont tell me you stopped trading?

Not a chance brother! The only time I’ll give up is when my balance is $0.00. I’m just working out a few kinks before getting going again :wink: I’m simplifying my method heavily.

Alright bro… good luck

Wow wow wow, Mr Huddleston and Mr Lori are two absolute geniuses! My break from trading is starting to yield some eye-opening insights thanks to these two individuals :smiley:

I cannot believe that I have traded all this time with such a minor amount of my time dedicated to interest rates - the driving force behind the markets! And to think, I actually studied a fair share of economics at university yet didn’t apply any of that knowledge to my trading! I still remember that very first video of ICT’s from way back when he mentioned interest rates, I was like, “Yeah sure, nice concept, but not all that relevant when it comes to actually entering etc…” Not anymore! Lol!

I have a long ways to go, but I am just so grateful to have been exposed to such generous traders who share concepts that work! :smiley: So big ups to my boys ICT and Chris Lori! :stuck_out_tongue:

Looking forward to resuming this journey soon! :slight_smile:

So you have a trick up your sleeve :slight_smile: I’m excited to see what it is.

Welcome back and GLGT

Thanks bro! Like I said, still a long way to go, but at least I’ve got some awesome direction now :slight_smile:

Just read through every post on this thread! It’s golden!

Thanks for all your contributions :slight_smile:

Thanks man! :slight_smile: The journey will continue soon, gonna come back stronger than ever thanks to some serious introspection :wink:

Alright, the time has come - 2013! :smiley:

This year is going to be massive, I already know it. I really don’t have much to say besides that come end of 2013, I will have at least 100% gain on my account. I won’t bore anyone with the stories of “going pro”, “trading $100 to $1m” etc - It really isn’t about that for me, it’s all just about damn good trading with complete transparency :slight_smile:

I know demo accounts are nothing to go by, but this was just what I was doing the past month or so:

Nice and easy! System | Myfxbook

I will include a new myfxbook link once I’m up and running. It’s time for Africa to show its forex punch! Lol!