Time to crack some pips ICT style!

Amazing results PM!

Are you compounding this account from where it is now, or are there plans to deposit funds in the future?

For now Iā€™m compounding - still paying off some wedding debts :wink: But after thatā€™s done Iā€™ll start pouring some money in :slight_smile:

I like trading with the small account though because Iā€™ve reached a point where losing a trade doesnā€™t hit me so hard from an emotional standpoint. Thereā€™s just something ā€œepicā€ about building a small account into something substantial :smiley:

Heh, i was thinking rather the same thing - ā€œWhat happens when I actually start making money out of this!!?ā€ Its like ā€œis this real?; Is this really possible?;ā€ etc etc :slight_smile: It somehow hard to let yourself believe that you really can make a living like this, and a GOOD living. Why i think its the same thing because when you lose 10/20$ a trade MAX its not so hard, you donā€™t eat for that, you donā€™t pay your debts for that. You can always calm yourself down and say ā€œIā€™m just learningā€. But when you start making 1000$ a month/a trade then it starts to mess with your headā€¦ Then fear comes into play :slight_smile: and this is a new psychological barrier am facing right now. New fight is coming :smiley:

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m debating lol Iā€™ve reAched the calm with a small account. thinking about dumping half my savings and seeing how I do emotionally. Ive always thought the best way to learn is just jump in.

Yeah itā€™s smart too :wink:

It requires patience to do thatā€¦ a lot of it. especially if you have the ā€œdisposableā€ funds sitting right there.

I could never do that properly and I paid the price. I donā€™t know if it is just me, but every time Iā€™ve jumped the gun with deposits, it ended in a terrible run of losses.

For me, the only way it seems I can handle deposits is by small increments. To me, it is important to get comfortable trading with the account value, in order to have the proper psychology to accept wins and losses.

And if you can get to the point where you are simply risking profits only, and not the capital base itself, you can make trading even more comfortable yet.

Hi PM, Another ICT disciple here, but earlier on in my development than you. I just found this thread and read the first page, it looks great and I look forward to applying your checklists and hopefully some other hints to my own progression. Thanks for sharing your results, itā€™s nice to also see ICTā€™s methods from anotherā€™s developing perspective.

Nice - had a bit of a break to close out the month, so hereā€™s to September and more profits! :stuck_out_tongue:

nice to have you back bro. looking forward for more trade ideas

Thank you very much kind sirs! :smiley: Gotta show ICT that his stuff works ya know :stuck_out_tongue:

First trade since coming back (I couldnā€™t resist until Monday!) and bang on the money - gotta love this business :stuck_out_tongue:

Pair: EURUSD
Bias: LONG
Entry: 1.2505
Exit: 50% at 1.2550

Remainder targeting 1.2570 or so :wink:

I would like to reflect on this month for a moment. Hereā€™s a post I made right at the start of August:

After pulling back 22% this month, I can say without any shadow of a doubt that discipline is the key to success. It doesnā€™t help being an absolute master of ICTā€™s tools if you lack even the most minute aspects of discipline. When things start going southward, hang in there and cut risk heavily no matter how absolutely tantalising a trade looks - your fortunes will change, trust me, or better yet, trust ICT! :smiley:

My biggest learning points from this month would be:

1. Cut risk after a loss EVERY SINGLE TIME. This is seriously non-negotiable. If you do this you will take a couple of months to kill your account, if ever!

2. This one goes with number 1 - Only increase risk again once you have made back the amount you lost from the previous trade.

3. If you make a loss, take a step back and just LET THE MARKET GO! Chasing the market is EXACTLY what the smart money wants you to do.

4. Minimize trades - I used to trade in excess of 5 trades a day, now Iā€™m averaging just over 1! Thatā€™s more like it! Trading for the sake of trading makes you see things that arenā€™t actually there, and you trade purely because you feel that opportunities may slip you by. Donā€™t believe this nonsense, because there is always another opportunity just waiting.

5. Focus on the higher TF trades. I used to sit on the M5 and M15 charts for 95% of my day. Now I spend 95% of the day looking at the H1 and H4 timeframes and absolutely minimal time on the M5 chart. This is probably the single most important thing ICT teaches us. You will dramatically increase the probability of your trade being successful if you take trades based on these timeframes, and in addition, youā€™ll be cutting out all the ā€œtrading for the sake of tradingā€ trades which you wouldā€™ve taken by looking for M5 OTEs.

6. Document your trades every single time. I have done this for every single trade this month and it is astounding how much insight it gives you when you are pondering why something worked out or didnā€™t work out. Also, it helps you identify instances where a trade is so similar to one of your previous trades that you can feel confident that at least it is a valid or invalid entry.

7. Last but certainly not least, setting goals has helped me significantly. There is nothing more satisfying than meeting your goals for the week, or being down on Monday but coming back to close out the week in the green. Perhaps that is my competitive spirit (I love sports ;)), but I just feel that the challenge it provides me with far outweighs the stress/pressure.

Anyway, hereā€™s to an awesome August and to ICT, the Champion Mentor in FX trading! :smiley:

The August summary from my trade analysis spreadsheet, in case anyone is interested:

Donā€™t ask why it doesnā€™t tie up precisely to the myfxbook link - I have no idea lol! Take out the trades on NFP Friday and the silly USDCAD trade I took before I went on a break and the results wouldā€™ve looked even betterā€¦ But lesson learnt nonetheless!

Great thread PureMuscle, subscribed! And congratz on a superb month both in terms of returns and discipline.

I have a question as well: how do you make 3 charts (EU, GU, USDX) overlaing? Iā€™m guessing the screens are from NetDania but I canā€™t seem to do such a thing and it would help me big time. Also sorry if the question was asked before, I only read like 5 last pages, the rest remains to be read :wink:

Thanks a million bro! :wink: I can guarantee the road still has many bumps left in it :wink:

As for the overlays, do the following:

• Open a EURUSD chart (basically itā€™s the default one anyway).
  • Right click on the chart anywhere
  • Select ā€œRelative toā€ > ā€œGBPUSDā€
  • Let it loadā€¦
  • Select ā€œRelative toā€ > ā€œUSDOLLARā€
  • Let it loadā€¦

Voila :slight_smile: Remember to compare highs with highs and lows with lows for EUR and GBP but highs with lows when comparing EUR or GBP with USDOLLAR.

I know what to compare, no worries :wink: Cheers mate!

nice man, was in the same trade :slight_smile:

That was an awesome post and a lot of.it resonated with me. Very insightful thank you.

subscribing, great job!!

Iā€™m also using a USD Oanda account.

How do you see the USD index on a price chart?

Go to NetDania Charts | Forex Charts from DailyFX | DailyFX, right click on the chart and select ā€œNewā€ > ā€œUSDOLLARā€.

Muscle , which part of SA are you from?

Right, I entered a little trade today on the fiber, but it ainā€™t looking particularly strong, probably due to it being against market flow and in line with the crowd, but nevertheless:

Entry: 1.2620

It is sitting in a higher TF OTE and lines up nicely with R1, as well as the obvious institutional level at 1.2620. Cable made a higher high whilst fiber did not:

Only looking for a few pips really before the upwards trend should resume, but letā€™s see what happens :slight_smile: