TOBY'S 600 SECONDS BREAKOUT SYSTEM ( Ratio 1:2)

yep; I show yesterday’s bar as 8 pipettes lower than the previous day which disqualifies it as an inside bar; I’m using fxcm demo charts on my iPhone.

gbpusd is not inside bar, 1 point lower than previous bar and market is flat, i wont trade myself

sorry guys, im wrong usdcad is not inside bar 1 point lower than previous bar.

I suspect we may have a case here of brokers meaning the difference between seeing an inside bar and not. Like others have posted already, i do see an inside bar here. However, like your own comment toby, it is a little flat. Well the 21 SMA isn’t totaly flat but i’m not yet totally convinced of it.

for the record, i see the outside bar as 1.56474 and the inside bar as 1.56491 in an uptrend, therefore it is an inside bar from what I see. So another case of broker interference disqualifying a trade for some?

Boom!! 100 pips usdchf!!

hi toby just wondering on average what % gains you get monthly? so far after 4 weeks positive by only 1%. maybe its way i do my MM :frowning:

Steo, I’m also interested to know this. What returns does Toby average monthly.
However, you need to recognize that using percent gains is also proportional to the size of your account coupled with the % you risk each trade…
I made around 1.6% but I was only risking around 0.5% of my account per trade. And i was also quite conservative in moving my stop loss up. That’s a very low risk. More normal is to risk 2%. You may even be happy risking 5% per trade or higher, since you risked more, this will give you a greater return also.

So what percent have you been risking. Ie say the average loss of 50 pips in a trade would bring your account down by what percent.???

Perhaps Toby, how many pips do you make by this method on average per month?

due to the fact that i dont want to miss any trades i have divided my cap into 9 for each pair and each pair i risk 5%
(demo). i dont bring to breakeven as per rules. npw i got 2% gain after USDCHF gained 100p.

Hi Toby, new to your system.
A quick question. do you trade Monday’s using Sunday’s Daily candles?

Many thanks! cheers!

so turns out that this trade was a winner but it did drop 30 pips before turning around

I opened two positions; unfortunately for me I didn’t let trade run all the way to the 120 take profit; I closed both of my positions for 55 PIP and 45 PIP profits respectively. I really need to learn how to trust the system. next time I’ll see if I can keep my hands off! :grin:

still ended with 100 pips to the upside, can’t complain about that!

nothing on the scan for me this morning looking at fridays close. the closest was USDCAD but I don’t like the look of the 21 SMA turning towards almost flat so left that inside bar. lets see how the sunday/monday candles form up.

same results here…

I hope everyone did well on the usdjpy. I stayed out of the gbpusd. usdcad also formed an inside bar on friday’s close but I’m staying out as well (flat moving average, lots of ranging action beforehand).

watch out for these three pairs gbpusd,usdchf,eurusd (forming inside bars in a few hours time)

I have an open order to sell USD/CAD @ 0.9948; my reasoning being that the 21 sma is pointing ever so slightly downward at this point but by the time it gets down to my entry (if it makes it) the sma will be at a sufficient down slope to warrant the trade. Does anyone else see it that way or am I just thinking like a newbie?

yes I got a piece of that usdjpy - very cool

In addition we have a bearish pin bar formed. I like it.

My sell is at .9970 just below the .9917 pivot level and low of the day. We will see where this upward retrace goes.

Hmmm… I agree with usdchf & eurusd, but for me gbp/usd is not an inside bar. It’s close, so maybe it’s just a dealer thing.

Toby, one thing I wanted to ask you, how do you calculate the sl & tp for each pair? I mean is there a specific formula you use.

BTW had a great week last week. Cleaned up on usd/jpy, eur/usd,gbp/usd and usd/chf!!!

The GBPUSD is not an inside bar for me either.

I suspect we have yet another case of whether or not to inculde the sunday bar. if you include the sunday bar then there is no inside bar (sunday bar went just a touch higher than friday). If you do not include the sunday bar then yes ok there’s an inside bar.
I have one broker that combines sunday with monday. From this broker I see no inside bar because of sundays contribution. I have another broker that separates the sunday from the monday, where I can clearly see sunday goes higher than friday. For me, I use the sunday combined with monday bar method. It appears Toby omits the sunday bar, because we’ve been through this a few times before.

I have a simple EA that has been trying to trade this system. My decision for trend is based on the 21 period MA with Linear Weighted set on the indicator. It trigered a buy on usdcad, it is down right now but looking at the last week of price action, I like this as a long transaction. It will be interesting to see how it works out. Perhaps the trend should have been level but it looks like a strong likelyhood of a reversal from about a week ago.