Tracking Hurricane Dorian

Forecast — east coast of Florida, Monday, September 2, category 4

Wide view of the hurricane’s actual path, and projected path

Detailed view showing estimated times and projected storm strength

I’m in Clearwater, just to the west of the yellow 1…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hey Stan,

Some of the tracks in the “spaghetti model” have the storm turning north before it reaches Florida’s east coast. But, other tracks have you right in the bulls-eye.

I will pray for you, Brother.

In the meantime, you’d better stock up on strawberry Pop-Tarts —

So I think its time to go long on orange juice prices !!

Has anyone ever had success trading a storm before ?

@therealDonaldTrump Nuke him

Thanks, Clint. Brother’s on the east coast, around Delray Beach/West Palm.
The upper-right quadrant is the worst. When they come up the Gulf of Mexico,
that’s us. This time it SHOULD have petered out some but the east coast with a
CAT 4 will be devastated. And our friend Dennis, in Orlando. Thanks for the
thoughts and prayers!

LOL. True trader mentality.

I live in Jacksonville and its coming here on Wednesday. I think I am the only one here who is going to witness this monster :frowning:

Hope it slows down by the time it touches ground.

Lots of family in JAX. JU alumni. Prayers with all of us…

Dorian is shaping up to be a monster.

A visible-wavelength high-resolution satellite image shows the sharply defined eye of Hurricane Dorian at around 2200Z (6 pm EDT) Friday, August 30, 2019. Image credit: tropicaltidbits.com.

Right now, Dorian is a category-4 hurricane, heading directly toward Palm Beach, Florida.

But, according to the National Hurricane Center, the most-probable projected track has Dorian turning sharply toward the north, before it reaches the Florida coast, and then remaining off shore as it follows the Florida coastline toward the Georgia border.

This track would spare most of Florida, although storm-surge up and down Florida’s east coast could be severe. If this track holds, the storm would then make landfall somewhere between Savannah, Georgia, and Charleston, South Carolina, as a weakened category-2 hurricane.

However, the “cone of uncertainty” associated with this projection is so large that almost all of the Florida peninsula is still in the storm’s target zone.

Here’s the projection as of Saturday, August 31, at 1 am EDT.

Funny how they have “Clearwater”(my home) on the map, not Tampa.
Looks like we may have dodged this bullet. Son-in-law is a subcontractor for
Homeland Security and will have to go to Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral to help
with after-storm issues.

Be safe, everyone!

Latest projected track from the National Hurricane Center, as of 2 pm EDT, Saturday, August 31.

Dorian is projected to remain at sea as it moves parallel to the Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina coastlines. Then it’s projected to rake the North Carolina coast, after making landfall in the vicinity of Cape Fear, North Carolina.

This path looks bad for coastal North Carolina, and Virginia — and potentially bad for Maryland and Delaware. This thing could drive straight up Chesapeake Bay.

EDIT: I think all the times shown on all the National Hurricane Center maps should read EDT, not EST.
The U.S. won’t return to standard time until early November.

Amazing what Mother Nature is! Thanks for noticing!

@GMoore hope you and your family stay safe and have a good labour day weekend

1 Like

Dorian strikes the Bahamas

• Category-5
  • Sustained wind-speed: 180 mph
  • Wind gusts to 220 mph
  • Potential rainfall: 24 inches
  • Potential storm-surge: 10 feet
  • The strongest hurricane to hit the Bahamas in modern history.

Most likely, parts of the northern Bahamas will be totally destroyed.

This image taken Sunday morning, Sep. 1, 2019, shows Dorian closing in on the northern Bahamas as a Category 5 hurricane. (NOAA/GOES-East)

From AccuWeather, Sunday morning, September 1

Dorian’s path is now projected to move closer to the Florida coastline, then remain off shore as it moves north past Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina, finally brushing Cape Hatteras as a Cat-1 hurricane, before moving out to sea.

Latest projected track from the National Hurricane Center, as of 2 am EDT, Monday, September 2.

Wide view —

Detail - Florida coastline —

Detail - the Carolina coastline —

Thank you bud! Much appreciated!

Boy, it would just be great if it never makes land. My brother waiting it out in
West Palm Beach. C’mon! Turn!