Trading stress and anxiety

How do you manage your stress and anxiety from trading forex?

2 Likes

I don’t. :sweat_smile: HAHAHA. No, but really. Typically, I take a breather and step away from my charts just to release all the stress and anxiety that piled up. :blush: But I’m sure there are a lot of other ways to manage it properly. This is just from my own experience. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Just pop a lot of benzodiazepines and you will be fine.

Just kidding

I have recently started doing guided breathing exercises with youtube video.
It may help.

2 Likes

My go-to method is to take a cold shower :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. It wakes me up and helps me to think more clearly.

2 Likes

I am trading via EA’s, it is my method to trade with very low stress level

2 Likes

Lavender very relaxing stuff

1 Like

A comprehensive plan for what I’m going to do, small capital risks, long time-frames. Never watch the news, very limited inputs from the internet, no Facebook or Twitter…
There is no stress.

3 Likes

Learnt to be a ZEN trader.

1 Like

Thats a very good idea! I better do some research on EAs :smile:

1 Like

Do you know how helpless you feel if you have a full cup of coffee in your hand and you start to sneeze ? :astonished:

Never underestimate the power of a good cup of coffee :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: that being said, coffee is a tool for me to de-stress :wink:

1 Like

While in a trade:

I only monitor a few times a day. I also set price alerts to notify where the pair has moved.

I stay off of other traders’ platforms and don’t listen to opinions or news.

I repeat to myself that I’m a risk manager which means I’ve planned my trade from start to finish.

I’m confident in my tools when a trade goes in my favor or against.

Above all I affirm I trust myself and the process.

1 Like

When I feel stress, I don’t trade or skip trading and again back to trading when I get my motivation back.

1 Like

Personally, there’s no better way than to take a break from it. Stepping back and doing something else allows me to clear my head. Because if I push myself too hard, I might make a bad decision.

1 Like

I skip trading when I am tired and watch movies and series to bring back the jolly in mind and the again I start trading.

Yup and this applies to anything not just trading! Push yourself too hard and your body starts rebeling.

You must have a carefully-tested strategy. You should test it yourself so you will understand it better.

When you have a strategy that you know it works, your psychology will become much solid, and stress and anxiety will reduce.

Haha. Thanks @ria_rose. Is it a couple of hours, a day, or a few days of being away from your charts?

Lol maybe I need those. Trading is really taking a toll on me. What kind of breathing exercises? Do you have a link?

I’ve also been doing this but with a little variation. I take my regular warm shower then switch it up to cold for the last minute.

1 Like

Do you recommend any EA?