Trading stress and anxiety

Smoke a cigarette - very soothing.

1 Like

Avoid continuous monitoring of your trades. Taking short breaks during trading sessions can help prevent burnout and reduce stress and you should play a song that can have a good mood

1 Like

Just read something about this, turns out if used in the right amounts, it actually has many benefits! The only real downside is it’s easy to get addicted to it which of course brings all the cons.

1 Like

But bro! I don’t trust EAs because what I saw using some EAs is an EA doesn’t give profit all the time.

Yes, many benefits - there is a long standing conspiracy againsts smokers because they are considered rebellious and a potential danger to the state!
The benefits outweigh the cons. :wink:

I like scalping and it keeps me apart from trading stress and anxiety.

No strategy type works forever, discretionary, algo, mixed, market is changing, and it is your responsibility how to adapt to new trading environment

Adapting to the ever-changing trading environment is a crucial part of our journey as traders and it’s our responsibility to stay flexible and learn continuously.

In my opinion, it’s important not to make rash decisions.
When you feel that you are in a stressful situation, you should take a break.
It’s a great way to calm down.
You should take seven deep breaths. This is as far as I know technique ancient samurai used to make important decisions.
After seven breaths, you’ll know what to do.

1. Stick to a well-defined trading plan.
  2. Use proper risk management.
  3. Take breaks and avoid overtrading.

Navigating stress and anxiety is vital for accomplishing your trading goals in the forex market. Though I don’t trade myself, I can provide some pointers to help you uphold composure and concentration. Firstly, construct a robust trading strategy and adhere to it. Additionally, exercise mindfulness and relaxation methods to alleviate strain. Don’t forget to take intervals and refrain from excessive trading. Network with fellow traders or obtain professional assistance to talk through difficulties and glean insights. Bear in mind, a measured methodology and emotional control are fundamental to prevailing in the trading sphere!

I read somewhere that the best way to deal with stress and anxiety is to follow a plan or instruction.

In any stressful situation, one doesn’t do what one wants to do, but what one knows how to do.
And in order to prevent stress and anxiety from interfering with your trading, I recommend you to make a plan of action.
This plan should include an algorithm of not only actions in normal conditions but also actions in case of emergency situations.
For example, this plan should include the order of actions in case StopLoss is activated. This way you will not make mistakes that can lead to even more negative consequences.

I ain’t have the one.
Basically, as any other trader, I had stress and anxiety back in the days, when I was just paving the way to kinda stable trading, but they vanished pretty quickly when I realized that this is the sphere I admire.
Maybe, when there are certain upheavals on the market and I have open positions, I may be stressed out for a while, but nobody prohibits to use quite a spread risk management practice as keeping the biggest share of your money in stable assets.
There are always way out from stressful situations, the main is to stay vigilant and appeal to rational sense.

That is because very few know how the financial markets work, or life for that matter, the entire fabric of everything is built on the basis of a Double-Bind.

The financial markets are especially good at double-binding you in to trades you should never have taken, and then hold on to them because of fomo almost always being in the wrong direction, the perfect double-bind because you will blame yourself for the mistake often inducing secondary binds.

Leverage just magnifies that process, all stress is based on “the fear of the unknown”, but what if you know with high probability what the markets are going to do next, and you don’t fall it to the trap of wanting more, then your stress and anxiety drop to inert levels.

It takes 10,000 to 20,000hrs for most people to remove their own double-binds (mainly around money management) to succeed in the markets, most advice (especially public) you will receive provides short term guidance only to induce a longer term double-bind, whether it’s intentional or lack of knowledge is irrelevant, the end result is the same.

Now I can unwind a 20yr double bind (20,000hrs) in about 2yrs while providing a foundation, the other 18yrs they have to work on their own self discipline not to regress which is out of your control while referring back to the foundation for guidance.

Even expert traders get pulled in to bad trades and the stress increases while unwinding the market binds, but now have algos that do all the work which auto liquidate positions so you don’t try and recover, which would induce secondary market double-binds creating more losses, it’s a fascinating process which very few in the world understand, yet is the entire foundation of how the markets work.

Trading stress and anxiety are common challenges for investors. The pressure to make timely decisions, market volatility, and the fear of financial loss can contribute to heightened stress levels. Overtrading, fear of missing out (FOMO), and emotional reactions to market fluctuations often exacerbate anxiety. To manage these issues, traders can implement strategies such as setting realistic goals, maintaining a disciplined approach, and using risk management techniques. Seeking support from a mentor or community, practicing mindfulness, and taking breaks from constant market monitoring can also help alleviate trading stress and promote a more balanced and resilient mindset.

I had trading stress and anxiety when I was new and didn’t have a good trading strategy. Very often there were losing trades because of this. But when I finally made my strategy profitable, which gives the most positive signals, the anxiety and fear went away. At the same time, you must always control the risks when trading, then possible incorrect transactions will result in minimal losses.