Trading the indicators

2hr Aussie - failed to touch bottom trend(or just has not done so yet), above the first part of the indicator - starting to make its way back up through the fibs

AUD came within .5 pips of SL… Bounced back up again but prospects look dim on this one… Quite the interesting price action, usually don’t see an engulfing bar backed by confluent fundamental data rejected that firmly.

1.0355 is the weekly 75ma. The pair is borderline in the bottom indicator - in 2hrs and 40mins more news for Aussie see what happens then. Great avator isn’t it - way cooler then the monopoly guy

Lol what are you talking about… Mr Monopoly is adorable!

I do like the avatar… Approved

Outdated - you called the wolf spider adorable. Just to visit U/Cad one more time on the 4hr. The pair is playing between - .9896 where it tops out around .9920 and .9842 below that is the abyss - I am tending to think it is heading to the abyss

Actually I believe I used the term “cuddly”… Which they are… And I hope USD/CAD drops it like it’s hot…

swiss 10 min - very compact, same with euro and aussie - definitely building. Soap usually clears up foul mouths like that

So what is your trade status? Still in any?

I’m still waiting for you to acknowledge you were wrong about me calling the spider adorable…

you implied

Well if it helps you feel better my long AUD hit SL… -25 pips for that one… Nothing I would have done different … Fundamental release lined up with a trendbreak…

Tomorrows q/q GDP release should be a market mover.

Remeber last friday when the S&P got away and prices ran way down - that is why I changed my indicator so that would not happen again, the indicator on my screens is a mutilated alligator indicator on 3 to 6 times higher timeframe. The opportunity to abandon ship was at 10:30 and 12:00 when I was posting U/Cad charts - and no it does not make me feel better, and I have a feeling you are going to fair just fine tomorrow

Lol yes I will most likely…

And you are right, those would have been ideal exit points.

So ripping the charts I post apart and seeing how they work. Kiwi the indicators went flat around midnight(something is in the works), then the fall through the 75ma looking for the first target fib. The trend neutral indicator which gives the paintball starts throwing out targets below the price - what you want to see is price hit the target but not move above previous target. If price starts moving above the previous target then short trade is in jeopardy. The fib targets are generated off of the 1hr chart. Price is contained below the indicator and the 75ma - of course in a perfect world. Below fib placement

Kiwi 1 hr. If you have drawn your trends and can see price is deteriorating and eventually falls through the 75ma on the 1hr chart - take the high of that trend run to the first bar that closes below the 75ma and draw target fibs - this provides a bottom target of 38% - if price enters into the fibs and keeps breaking them, then the trade direction is strong. Use the same fibs for coming back up. The first fib it fails to meet and retraces and passes the previous - trade is finished. Of course the indicator is fairly obvious where to enter and gained strength once through the bite - red line. This AM I did not think it would enter into the fibs, but apparently so.

Of course the obvious, as you know, keeping an eye on S&P and U/Cad movements helps to see how the rest of the majors are going to trade(hopefully) - however more then a few times the little stick figure below is me.

…but remember I am just a newbie with starter charts that look pretty… :slight_smile:

I have already said it but I really like the way you cross reference the stock market to your major pair… I see your indicators and pretty starter charts may be able to complement my “experienced” charts nicely :wink:

LOL, well you are just envious of my stickman Gifs - bring on those experienced charts tomorrow

I feel torn because I don’t want to make your starter charts look bad in comparison… Especially in your own thread…

Maybe you should step up your highlighting skills tomorrow so I won’t feel bad…

Your a mean one Mr. Grinch - have you thought about changing your avatar pic.

This is cable on top with the UK100 on the daily - not as effective as the S&P. There is also the JPN index - but I cannot get a nice comparison chart - I am trying to peg E/JPY down alittle better