Trading the indicators

Aussie looking at the 3 min using a Hi/Low activator crossover put to a histogram. The regression is useful but leaves some doubt at times. The dots are the regression, and the histogram overlay is the Hi Low activator.

Aussie 1 hr. Again with regressions and the Hi Low histogram.

I have been watching what you’re doing, always looking for another trading strategy. Whats with the black 75ma? Are you saying you trade from both sides of it? or just use it for direction?

Everyone has an indicator where they feel if price crosses it is a short or long play depending on the cross, I use it to confirm trend. However what I do not always point out is the 75 is key in setting up target fibs. Usually after trend is tapering down and price has reversed and heading towards the 75. I place target fibs on the low before the break above the 75 and the hour that has closed above. Here are two examples - mind you if price is ranging it will not even hit the first target of 38% - which is a heads up price is not that strong in that particular direction. The end target I look for is 161%.

example 2 Euro

3min Aussie with regression dots as well as the Hi Low Activatror on the histogram - and the 75MA

Thanks, Kate. I like what you’re doing, will keep watching you and following your post.

Thanks Mbro. 3 min Euro below regression and Hi Low activator, bouncing off 75ma

What do you do with the circled area? I see it bounced off the 75ma but what about any other time? just helps with direction?

LOL!!! That was a bad looking star at the other end of the circle!!!lol

I do not have a great answer for you Mbro - even if the whole set up is automated there are periods that just do not jive and you need an eye for the breakout bar. The fibs pointed to a fair support at 38% mark. Maybe a 5 min 50ma overlay on the green line - alittle later entries and exits, but evens out the tone of the price. I will put the histogram of the same below.

3 min euro

Okay I posted the histo of that one earlier - so what happened on the histo rest of day - cannot see much on the image as most of the candles are under the histo and that in itself says alot - notice how the 75 MA is cruising along top of the chart - and yes the breakouts above the 75 are there, but managed for the most part by staying under the regression - still a nice play from 1.2430ish to 1.2390

Euro 1 hr

3 min euro falling below Hi Low and challenging 75ma

same chart as above 3 min Euro with Hi Low put to a histogram

Eur/JPY 3 min - just for interest - price starting to degrade into the histogram.

1hr U/CHF reaching for .9776

3min U/CAD -

1hr U/CAD still below the regression dots and Hi Low activatror line, but has hit 161% fib.

U/CHF 1 hr follow up