Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

All the JPY pairs are falling as predicted.

Its going well… Up £300 per lot at time of posting. Considering the USD is still so strong.
Could the JPY be travelling to the number 1 spot.

The chart might look a mess to you but its so powerful in determining when the JPY will go from strongest to weakest and vise versa using Dennis’s rankings

4 Likes

@MonkeyFX , is there a public post/posts explaining the methodology you use to determine reversals?

2 Likes

I’m afraid not… It is from all my own research and it is not publicly available anywhere.

I will post it here in due time. I’m just waiting to see if in fact the JPY will go to number one spot as determined by the method. So far so good. My choosing of the USD though to pair with it is the worst performer so far as the USD is so strong still.

2 Likes

and the Yen is swinging back towards the top,

3 Likes

Traders can use Dennis’s formula and generate their own Currency Strength Indicator…

The EUR weakens and crosses below the strengthening JPY for the first time in a while…

And below is the resulting opportunity… 160+ pips across 8 hours (EURJPY 1 Hour)

Maybe check another cross… A weak NZD against the weaker EUR… 125+ pips over 7 hours.

It’s the same strategy that displayed these signals AHEAD of the market moving…

And here…

And here…

And here…

It just doesn’t get any easier… those chart values where available 12+ hours ago…

7 Likes

Hey TWB - me again (I’m sure you can tell what’s coming)

Do you have any proof of the trades you’ve taken rather than Cherry Picking the ones that fit with a screenshot - what’s next, if you apply a SMA then you’d have got this as well :wink:

All jokes to one side - i’m curious, any proof on this thread of the potential success, or just pointers towards what has been strong and what has been weak?

For the record, I also don’t disagree with this analysis, it’s a useful foundation to add to the tool box - i’d be keen to see one of the many members here though show some level of verified success - the analysis is after all always based off of what has happened and hoping that such an indication will continue moving forward.

2 Likes

The best thing to do is take the strategy by Dennis and do some research like many here do…

Dennis ranking formula is a basis… It is not the magic holy grail. I took it and formulated a formula that when the JPY is the weakest/Strongest with a high degree of accuracy I can determine when it will go from strongest to weakest and weakest to strongest. Like it is doing now. See posts above under my username.

Here is proof of the sell trade.

See the timestamp.

2 Likes

Hey @MonkeyFX - appreciate the reply rather than flying off the handle as I would have expected from others.

You don’t need to show me a screen shot, i’m sure quite a few took the short today and did very well - I didn’t, i missed a short at the weekly open in EU - but that’s a story for another day.

My question though was rather than showing screenshots does anyone here have verified proof that this actually works. Yes I get it’s a sensitive topic.

I’m an outsider here - think of me as clueless

So please, show me where the fruit is in the crumble, anyone???

1 Like

I never fly off the handle. We all have to learn sometime and help others.
I hope someone here can show you more with proof etc before the event and not a screenshot after.

I rarely come here as never have the time but do pop in now and again… I hope you get what you are looking for and answers.

2 Likes

Thanks,

After a little more reading I’ve come to understand that this is basically an indication system that gives you a bias, based on past currency comparison via a % change against the JPY. A great foundation nonetheless, but not a complete trading entry, exit and management approach (which was my misunderstanding)

I’ll move on from here - just a curious old timer here in BP looking around.

1 Like

Oh, @Dennis3450, I hope you don’t take my posts the wrong way too!

Just some friendly banter between two people that have the same underlying goal :wink:

The move last night (I am in Australia) was fundamental following dovish statements from the ECB, not technical. Any S-W analysis is going to be a lagging indicator so it wasnt until NY close that you knew for sure that the rankings had crossed using this method which is plotting the longer term trend. That has clearly shown the relative weakening of GBP (for instance) over the last 6 days. You could have been closer to the action using a heatmap (see attached). This screenshot is from the session end but you could watch it developing live. You would be closer still watching the charts. It is useful to have a screen showing each cross for every currency (although the heatmap is a bit easier). That would have left you in no doubt about the currencies being driven by the news

4 Likes

GBP Weakening. Figs a little different from Dennis as I use an EOD chart with a 35 sma and of course have a different broker

1 Like

Hey @tonymand

Thank’s for that - I think your reply basically sums up what I was thinking - that is that the charts show the most “real time” data that you can actually get… with your useful heatmap showing, all be it a marginal lagging indicator, a up to date view on what is actually taking shape.

1 Like

@tonymand, I don’t trade any strategies on news… I designed a Bot that gives me the level of the SMA200 (Any MA, Any TF, Any periods) and Price (via a log) which has linked input continually into an Excel spreadsheet using Dennis’s formula to calculate the strengths 24/5.

It links to either the USD or JPY as a constant… so no lag associated by taking the value at a set time…

It uses an alarm via email or sound when a cross of currencies occurs… (a few BP Members have been given a similar system to trial…)

Real time… I’m in Oz too and those moves could be seen around 11-12pm (UTC11) on the 6th March…

3 Likes

Hi Trends. Wasnt commenting either way on what you do. If your technicals married up to the fundamentals last night happy days. I missed last night because I was watching a re-run of MAFS and had no real expectations regarding the ECB. When I looked at my charts after 10pm AWST the move was well under way. I have learnt not to jump onto a speeding train as you can get hurt. My comments were for those reading the thread who may not have your experience and may have misunderstood what the S-W rankings here can and more importantly cannot show. They are useful to add to the toolbox but are not a system as some people seem to think. Sounds like you have a real good way forward and can be closer to the real time action in a way that suits you. Excellent! That is what it is all about.

1 Like

What I find is everyone is looking for an intra-day signal while Dennis is using an END of DAY signal to predict WEEKLY moves; doesn’t anyone else see the clash here?

If you want to trade intraday, use the Currency Strength Meter of your choice (CSM) and use PRICE ACTION, trade what you SEE for example break of last week’s low is pretty good

Here is a real time chart, now 01:32 GMT, work that out for your time zone

Here are other aids to use, chasing continued JPY strength here, it usually lasts until Europe, then if it picks up even more, hang on. Darn NFP later will slow the market be ready to exit day trades quickly!

2019-03-08_11-38-15

2019-03-08_11-39-21

https://www.finviz.com/forex.ashx

1 Like

Your statement that everyone is looking for an intraday signal here is based on what? I think many visitors believe it is a system when it isn’t. They are very early into their journey as they seek to make some sense of things. You obviously have much more experience and at times can be quite helpful with your insights although less than pleasant in the way you go about it sometimes. If you think back to when you started you will no doubt remember how confusing it all was unless you were an exception to the norm. Many individuals jump from method to method believing there is a holy grail when in fact they need to understand what the charts are telling them. I absolutely agree with you on NFP which can promote all sorts of chart mayhem, something else that one gets very used to over time

2 Likes

@tonymand, @The_Snowman… The strategy I have posted in Dennis’s thread is not directly aimed at being an intraday strategy.

The currencies are fluid, SW’s are fluid… as displayed by the charts in my posts… currencies can post huge moves within 24 hours… so if you can board the “speeding train” at an earlier point, the chance of a successful outcome is enhanced. It’s no way meant to degrade Dennis’s strategy, it’s put forward as a strategy within Dennis’s strategy…

Currency Strength Crosses are possibly amongst the most powerful drivers of market (pairs) direction.

Price and the MA200 are a very powerful pair of “Indicators”. Dennis’s system is solely based on the position / distance of the 200 and price on the 4 hour TF at a set point in time, and is a simple but brilliant measure of the market.

Data I derive from the EA is still based on the 4 hour TF, but unlike Heatmaps, Currency Meters and possibly many other utilities in the marketplace, it can be fine tuned to suit this strategy and a few other ideas I have developed…

My strategy is effectively generating an equivalent of looking at a smaller TF for entry and exits… Same as trading the 4 hour TF for overall market direction, but using the 1 hour or 15 min TF to get a better entry or exit. Seriously simple stuff…

4 Likes