Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I have the internet!

Top trade GBPAUD went positive and GBPJPY hit a new high by a few pips

CAD was tied for last with JPY on Nov 13th making GBPCAD a Top Trade and now up about 130 pips from that entry signal

2 Likes

nice call. not the 2% but rigidity will kill you. we are not machines. i bought this pair, but i doubt anyone cares. the info is here

2 Likes

Top Trade GBPCAD up again today, GBPJPY still going sideways

1 Like

Pullback day

2 Likes

aud seems to be moving to the sell side. i would be looking at the au/jp to go lower. if we can get a break below 73.5. not much in the way for over a 100 pips or so. it should be on the radar of followers of this thread. just a thought.

Looks like GBPCAD broke out ascending triangle 6 day’s ago, has decended to retest breakout resistance, is in consolidation at that level for 8 hours so far. I think a good move up is on the way.

We end the week with a new SW Trade signal, NZDCAD is an interesting play as you can see by the chart it looks to have ended its downtrend but is still YTD the weakest pair. Everything else is in a tight consolidation

1a

2 Likes

Pound regains #1 but only by a hair

1 Like

Down to a diff of around 1.40 the last couple days. Doesn’t get much lower then that?

2 Likes

When we get these tight markets we start seeing new Top Trades everyday, That usually is not a good thing. I do like our newest Top SW Trade AUDNZD short, That big red candle on Nov 13th is pointing the way to lower prices for this pair

1 Like

long term look at AUDNZD shows this pair has been in a trading range for 6 years, every rally has ended with a fall back below 1.0500

1a1

4 Likes

I pulled these numbers a bit early as I will be out when the daily candle closes, but a strong move today in the Pound should lead to some new highs in our Pound trades, AUDNZD* has a small profit so far

US Stocks hitting all-time highs so all the Yen pairs are up today

1 Like

AUDNZD is one of my favorite pairs to trade…in my opinion along with EURGBP…outside of SW trades…both pairs are the simplest to trade on technicals

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, I have been so busy stuffing my face I forgot we had some FOREX action today. AUDNZD is slowly pushing lower and now long-term trade GBPJPY hit a new high. Tomorrow will likely be another slow day then next week we we should see a little more action leading to a (hopefully) Santa rally

2 Likes

AUDNZD just popped up onto my early warning for a potential No1 position, which GBPJPY has just vacated. Tuesday may be decision day for a trade. We’ll see. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

1 Like

My own strengths scores for the leading currencies give GBP as most bullish again, witb 7 Bullish points to 0 Bearish. Scores are -
AUD = 1-6
GBP = 7-0
NZD = 6-1
JPY = 0-7

My question is whether its best to -
a) take a conventional sized trade in the strongest pair and run it using its’ chart TA
or
b) take smaller positions in all the pairs of these strongest and weakest currencies and run them as a basket until a set time point after the mid-week, with a SL based on aggregated basket % profit.

Or doesn’t it make any difference?

It was a slow week, Top Trade AUDNZD only +31 pips after three days as our top trade. These tight markets can take away your small profits fast once things get moving so be careful here

1 Like

Hi,

My stops is already at breakeven.!

1 Like

Hi,

TP HIT THIS MORNING.

1 Like