Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

All green except for Gold, this is all good except for oil is back above 100

1a

1 Like

1a2

2 Likes

We start the week mixed, but what troubles me is the spike in oil prices, All inflation starts with oil and this does not look good

1a

1 Like

One thing I noticed that it somewhat doesn’t work so well on AudNzd pair, as in, they can be trendy at the same time the ranking are very close to each other. Any one notice this?

AUD and NZD are both risk-on currencies and tend to trend in the same direction against the Dollar and Yen. Better trades will be matching the AUD or NZD to a risk-off currency like USD or Yen, also any of the European currencies can work well. For my own trading the three currencies I trade most are AUDUSD, EURUSD and EURAUD.

But at the same time, if you specialized in one currency even the AUDNZD can work well once you know its tendencies

2 Likes

mixed day and no change in the rank order

1a

Note; I will be traveling tomorrow (Tuesday) should I not post and update that will be why

4 Likes

you type as if you’re crying over your keyboard

Markets love war

1a

2 Likes

Just as Gas prices have dropped back below 4 bucks a gallon, oil is clearly on the rise again, How much more of this can our economy take

2 Likes

We are starting the day with a lot of RED, and that spike in oil is bad for us consumers

1a

4 Likes

Stocks down but the Strong Weak cap widen

1a

If you think a strong-weak gap of 8% is big, below is where we stood exactly 2 years ago today. There is nothing stopping today’s gap from widening more

1a2

8 Likes

Can the market have any more of a perfect day, only thing down is oil and that is a positive

and we have added another 1% to the SW gap

It is like a Las Vegas slot machine after a jackpot $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1a2

Ken Fisher of Fisher Investments comments on how the markets will react to Ukraine 3 weeks before the first bomb is dropped. He totally nails it, in predicting a stock rally once the bombs start dropping.

2 Likes

I trust everyone is rolling in pips this week

1a

4 Likes

It’s early, JPY stronger, that’s not good, maybe profit-taking Friday

2022-03-25_12-42-13

1 Like

after a strong move, a pullback like this is healthy and sets up the market for the next move higher

Until I see a strong reversal on the daily and confirmed on the weekly, I remain bullish this market

1a

4 Likes

Hi Dennis,

I’m new to your Strong Weak Analysis, and must say that your exel spread sheet looks great.
If I may ask can you share the way you calculate the strong VS the weak in exel spread sheet.

We started the week with AUDJPY as our newest Top Trade, and it really took off, up over 450 pips for the week, this kind of makes up for the two previous trade signals on this pair that did not play out so well

1a

1 Like

Hi Egbert, Welcome to the thread

If you would like to do your own SW spread sheet my calculations are simply Price minus 4hr 200ma divided by price in excel it might look like this =Sum( c4-d4) /c4

Many others here have taken this an added some things to fit their style of trading

Good luck and again welcome to the thread

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
My JPY value is not zero, can you help?
Can you share your exel templet?
Thanks.