Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

There you go, Day Traders only

Here is Basket off all AUD and NZD cross pairs LONG, obviously, no AUDNZD

2018-11-15_19-48-59

3 Likes

Hi Snowman Would be possible to tell us were You get these two indicators? I believe together wit the Dennis one would be really an excellent combination. Thank You

Thanks for the tip.

There ya go, 904 pips in open trades, now thatā€™s strong / weak in a day folks, well, half an hour to close.

What should be next? Close all? Hang on for Friday close? Add on perhaps?

2018-11-16_7-26-55

Hey @runyt, Snowman is attempting a ā€œSnowjobā€ by not displaying the details of his miracle system.

Snowman canā€™t even be original even when he thinks he isā€¦

All the infoā€¦ posted 6 months ago for ā€œhisā€ strategy can be found in this threadā€¦

The Supertrend Indicator can be found here (FREE) for MT4

Itā€™s idiotic ā€œoneupmanshipā€ such as this that has me spending less & less time hereā€¦

4 Likes

LOL :rofl:

show me where any claims for system is made

as for showing details, I donā€™t see anyone showing any trades placed on a demo account to track this thread analysis

maybe if someone could do that rather than attack each and every post, people might see how it works, how much the drawdown is, where are the stops and take profits

thanks for the link, looks like a better place to post short term trading, might liven it up as the OP is not doing a very good job

I donā€™t post links due to possible threats of commercial interest. as for SuperTrend, well, there is the name and if you couldnā€™t find that on your ownā€¦

thanks for your concern

Another strong day for NZD and all three of our current Top SW trades with NZD were up again, but the big news was the nosedive of the Pound giving us a new NZD trade. let us take a long-term look at the GBPNZD daily chart. Back in 2015/2016 we had a steep 8,000 pip drop followed by a slow grind higher of about 3,700 pips, this is not a bullish, and todays break of support could be setting up for a retest of 1.7000

5 Likes

Mr. Snowman

May I suggest that you start your own thread as it is rude to post information that competes with the host of this thread and can be confusing to regular and new users of the thread. It is also clear from your many comments that the content of this thread is not to your liking, which is fine, what I do here is not for everyone. Hopefully you will find a thread that fits your needs and if not take my earlier advice and start your own thread.

Best wishes

7 Likes

yes, thanks, good luck and goodbye

:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

spot on analysis. awesome thread

1 Like

Hi Dennis,

Itā€™s me again, what if your SW Rankings was coded as an indicator to give real time data, would that make any sense?

How many have heard of the Dunning-Kruger Effect, it refers to how people with just a little bit of knowledge of a subject view themselves as experts, while people with better than average knowledge realize just how much there is they donā€™t know. I think we have seen an example of the first part in a recent post on this thread. I included a good video below

2 Likes

Not to be picky, but doesnā€™t that chart represent the new trader to have more knowledge than then ā€œExpertā€ - from a charting point of view of course :wink:

Whoops, just saw the x-axis which was blocked in the video control bar :zipper_mouth_face:ā€¦ignore me as usual!!

My New picture I thinkā€¦

2 Likes

@anon46773462 Liked!
Heā€™s back :man_dancing::man_dancing::dancer:

Hereā€™s your strong weak on the GBPNZD for a few weeks back - NZD in blue.

I have taken the weekends out of my data -but Excel has put them back again on the chart ! and that accounts for some of the lengthier moves.

Can any one think of a way of using these to advantage ? I would think the "top / bottom pairs could be forecast earlier as it shows Differential movements - but as yet Iā€™m unsure about it

Hereā€™s the whole thing

Ideas please ?

yea yea, doesnā€™t take muchā€¦ at the risk of making me look stupid!

@Falstaff, the best way to trade this type of CSM Indicator is when the currencies crossā€¦

ie: On the Indicator during the 8/11 - 9/11 you can see that the GBP crossed below the USD signalling that the GBP is weakening against the USD, price should head to the southā€¦

See GBPUSD (1 Hour) belowā€¦

The general rule of thumb is when currencies (lines) are further apart there is a trend in play, when moving close together the pair is rangingā€¦ This type of Indicator can be used in conjunction with Dennisā€™s SW Strategy as confirmation.

Just my 2 centsā€¦ hope it is of some help.

2 Likes

There was actually a great indicator for this, I used to worship it when I started out, and it still works to this day, but it was ā€œhigh maintenanceā€. Called something similar to Cross Currency Divergence. You overlapped two highly correlated currency pairs, and just like you would read an RSI for example per se (although Iā€™m not an advocate of the RSI), you would look for similar behaviourism. So perhaps GBP.USD vs EUR.USD. Look for when one makes a new lower low for the period and the other pair does not. Since they are highly correlated you would then ask yourself the question ā€œwhy is the other highly correlated pair not following the same sceneā€ā€¦. Iā€™ll leave the rest with youā€¦

1 Like

Ok Thanks @Trendswithbenefits - The chart I posted was just @Dennis3450 figures graphed out - so his analysis would concur by definition. :wink:

But yes mate - your 2 cents is greatly appreciated here.

SO here is the GBPUSD showing that crossover and a number of others. Some of which whipsawed and some didnā€™t - but hey gbp is hardly the most stable currency just at the moment. Your hourly of the 10th seems really quite convincing thoā€™ ! :sunglasses:

Jezz, the correlation thing is still important, although it does move with the times.

Right now on GBP itā€™s brexit, so Eur/Gbp is a driver - a cross used most by business and banks for settling bills and not so much for the specs

Anyways, it got into the whole risk thing in the last few days, and with risk in comes the mighty USD and itā€™s correlation.

Cable - buy GBP? on Thurs past vs USDX and EURX:

Hmmmā€¦ totally not clear, so Iā€™ll check cable on a US server - with the US10yr - what better risk assessment :slight_smile:

Damnnā€¦ canā€™t be sure, there has to be a line - without indicators - where the bank protects itā€™s position - maybe Eur_Gbp will give a clue:

Eur_Gbp_brexit

1 Like