Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Life is funny. Best way to look at it and go get your own approach if you wish to trade…

I cant answer your question because I trade the top trade from this method then use it with my own techniques so I never had that drawdown…

I might open the GBP/NZD trade again if the Gold/NZD strength is twice the amount of the Gold/GBP

I even use gold as a strength/weakness…

Edit… The CAD is missing as its 5am and had no sleep yet

3 Likes

Hi MonkeyFx,

Where do you get the data displayed in you post.

Thank you

1 Like

Tradingview platform and it’s free.

Just use the add symbol with XAU/GBP etc or what ever symbol you want and it will display the percent gain/ loss etc

Its a great help in seeing what is strong and what is weak…

Sometimes I even add the way Dennis does it and see how each currency is doing against the JPY

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you so much

2 Likes

At this point Snow, the best thing you can do is start your own thread and post your own ideas there. You’ve got your approach and I like it. I also get a lot from Dennis’s approach and from Trendswithbenefits’. You’re all three posting similar material using similar principles and objectives, but you differ in detail. The healthiest thing for me would be to read all three but I can do my own critical analysis thanks.

You have valid things to say which I want to read and I’m sure others do too, so start your own thread, post there what you think and stop camping on other people’s threads.

5 Likes

Thank you Dennis for sharing another idea about that S/R level.

If the price breaks that 1H 200MA and makes HH and LL. Do you consider that and close the trade?

I think snowman is using this strategy and doesn’t want everybody to trade like this maybe because of some selfish interest, yea? Because he can just leave and open another thread which is a win/win situation. Just me two cents :wink:

1 Like

Hi @MonkeyFX,

Is it possible to ask regarding your 50SMA? How are you going to trade around it? Thanks.

1 Like

Top SW trade NZDCAD is on the move again as the decline in Oil price is hurting the CAD. Here in Florida gas is down to 2.09 a gallon.

And for Snow’s benefit I included the drawdown in the NZDCAD trade

1a

3 Likes

Correction, I have been using the wrong date for the NZDCHF trade, this hit on Oct 19th, adjusting for that we hit a high yesterday of +372 pips against a snowman drawdown of -105 pips.

2 Likes

We seem to be stuck in a rotation with EUR, GBP and CAD each taking a turn at the #8 spot while NZD has a firm grip on the #1 spot going all the way back to Nov. 1st , that is a good run and what we want to see to get trending trades

2 Likes

Pullback day for GBPNZD, now keep an eye on the 1hr chart, lets see if we hit and reverse at the 200ma, that has been a good place to short this pair

3 Likes

Have you considered turning this into a web app so you don’t have to keep posting screenshots, maybe a few bunts for users to access.

If you knowwhatimasayin.

1 Like

see, there is good value in precise record-keeping, keep up the great work, thanks

:smiley:

you mean like Telegram? that would be awesome but this is not a signal service as far as I know, maybe you want it to be secret service? :rofl:

1 Like

Not quite Telegram but instead of this;

A dynamic web app, something like this. The same URL to access it every week etc.

Although not a signal service, many like to glance at the strongest and weakest currencies to dig a little deeper.

1 Like

Ah ha, I see what you mean, but even better and way easier, do the figures into Google sheets, which can be seen as READ ONLY by anyone with the link, that way, people can see the full year, day by day, probably copy the data and put it into a graph style chart, good thinking

3 Likes

Absolutely the best S&W thread around for trading. :yum:

4 Likes

Yen rallied as US stocks reverse, Maybe this means a new #1 is not too far away, NZD trades are all in pullback mode, watch that GBPNZD it is sitting right at the 1 hr 200ma

2 Likes

Hi Guys,

Following is a test I ran on excel on major pairs for the past 5 years. I was trying to find the rate of success if I take a trade on the very first day of the signal (+6,+7,-6,-7 - Strongest Pair/Second Strongest Pair, Second Weakest pair/Weakest Pair). And I have kept the stop loss as a variable.

As you can see 200 pip stop loss gives us a 63% win rate with a Av. R:R of 3.08. But I have been using a 2.5 - 3 ATR stop for my trading and I use a 3 - 4 ATR stop on USDCHF pair.

*NOTE: I use 20 SMA instead of 34 SMA, results are almost similar. The reason I use 20 is I have found over the years that 20 SMA is tend to catch big trends bit earlier than 34 SMA.

6 Likes

Anyone Traded this? A near perfect set up !

1 Like