Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hi @runyt If you pick up any trading book you will find these patterns under the name tags of Bull Flag, Bear Flag, Pennant and Wedges. But at the time I did not pay any particular attention to these, then few years a go while I was listening a pod cast of Linda Bradford Raschke (market wizard), she mentioned her best performing pattern is the Bull/Bear Flag, and then I started collecting screen shots of every flag I see, and about a year later I found a thread called PIE - Price is Everything by a trader called Redword11 (One of the greatest traders ever lived) he explained the theory behind a bull/bear flag (I will try to explain it below). There are lot of price patterns that work, it is a matter of training your eye and finding a pattern that suits you. If you do a search for " Flag Trading Forex" you will find so much free resources online.

When I am looking for the pattern following is the story I tell myself

3 Likes

love your posts, I need to start a journal also, we trade pretty much the same way lol

2 Likes

The USD will move according to the Fed’s rate decision coming in few hours. Not those lines on your charts

2 Likes

loss can be avoided by not trading during that time

2 Likes

@Maximus_martins Not possible sent these lines to Feds already, I am balls deep USDCAD JK :joy: :joy::joy:

Lets watch the PA as it approache these levels :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Fed is raising rates, the USD will rally. Pick your favourite USD pairs USDCAD, EURUSD, AUDUSD and make some pips.

Just check your chart and see what happened to those pairs. I can’t avoid that…

4 Likes

Something must be wrong with my monitor.
I rotated the damn thing 180°, and the price is still dropping!

Rotating your monitor won't work - 2

4 Likes

US Fed raised interest rates again sent stocks down and our AUD into the #8 spot,

yesterdays top trade CADJPY* did post a small gain.

The Yen has not been good to us as it tends to not spend a lot of time at any extreme, If you are long Yen keep a tight leash on it. I do like the USD here

5 Likes

Update to the bonus trade I put out last week, We can see after a two day pause price again made a nice move lower, look how the 200ma on the 1hr chart held price in check

6 Likes

PATTERN SITE

4 Likes

You have been really very helpful and I will certainly follow what You recommend Thank You so much

2 Likes

The Yen has not been so good to us often this year but it is giving us a couple of good trades this week, Most recent Top SW Trades featuring the Yen are both up over 100 pips , not to bad and both saw a draw down of less than 30 pips before moving in our direction

1a

4 Likes

GBPNZD - 10 Flags - 9 Target Hit with 1 loss. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Small Flags were on the 1H chart)

5 Likes

Can any one guess where I got these Stats from? All these patterns are worth watching upon PA approach :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Feds…:grinning:

2 Likes

Could not stop laughing, good one :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

USDCAD - 2/3 off the table. Leaving the rest for PA. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I watched this Flag formation for about a month but was not confident to trade it. I wish somebody could teach me how to get into these trades at the tip of the flag with a tiny stop loss and get out at the pole. lol :joy:

Back then there was a site called RTM (Read the Market) run by a person called Ifmyante, they claimed they had a method to get into these trades with a 2 pip stop loss but never learned a thing from that site. :frowning:

1 Like

I normally see them as retracements against the actual trend, now you are making me see them as flags. I didn’t use to draw lines, now I do.
Are you getting into my head? :thinking:

I have been trading them on the 1hr TF on AUDJPY, 3 winners.

2 Likes

Ifmyante ? is that like If my Auntie had balls, she would be my uncle

used to be funny as but nowadays, not so farfetched

:rofl:

2 Likes