Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

speaking of AUDJPY, why waste time on 15 minutes chart?

2018-12-22_8-03-16

2018-12-22_8-02-10

2 Likes

Gotta love how the market(eers) take price up and out, attempting to signal a change of direction… garnishing the stops of ALL following the downtrend and then merrily (it is xmas) continue on their way south… even when both currencies in the pair are not in session…

Happens on just about every trend…every pair… every other day…

Of course it’s just a chance happening…

The US and Japanese economies are starting to fire… while the Land of Plenty is starting to struggle…

3 Likes

What is the source of your data the economies are on fire? I’m reading this headlines everwhere

The Dow lost 6.8 percent and 1,655 points on the week. It was its worst percentage drop since October 2008.

The Nasdaq lost 8.3 percent on the week and is now 22 percent below its record reached in August, a bear market.

The S&P 500 lost 7 percent for the week and is now down 17.8 percent from its record.

The Dow and S&P 500, which are both in corrections, are on track for their worst December performance since the Great Depression in 1931, down more than 12 percent each this month.

Both the Dow and the S&P 500 are now in the red for 2018 by at least 9 percent.

2 Likes

Question is does it help you to make money ? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I know right :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

This one is for you > YouTube

1 Like

@The_Snowman This is a beautiful dash board you got here, is this MQL4 or Excel?

1 Like

@Trendswithbenefits It is actually beautiful how they maneuverer price triggering stops on both sides to fill their massive orders.

Redsword11 - “The market moves in such a way that will always cause the maximum possible pain”

2 Likes

Should have had a limit order. :expressionless::persevere:

1 Like

IHey @The_Snowman, if you follow the important underlying US data such as unemployment (down and accelerating), Interest rates (up), business lending for capital equipment, plant etc. (Up and accelerating) and other key indicators that actually drive the real US economy are improving at a rapid rate.

Stimulating an economy is like trying to pull a brick across carpet with an elastic band… takes a while to get moving, but once moving… well you know.

You now have a President that doesn’t get policy bogged down by congress (same issue in Australian Politics). He wants a wall and will probably get one, be it right or wrong…

Not a Trump fan… but don’t believe all the crap that is constantly being rehashed over and over by the anti Trump media.

1 Like

The Fed’s hike rates

• The US economy slows down
  • The currency Strengthens (USD)
  • The stock market soars
  • Inflation is minimised (even if Trump said there was none and now wants to fire Powell)
  • Investors run to Japan
  • JPY strenghtens also

This is my understanding of the current fundamentals and it is happening just like that. Where’s the confusion?

I think you are both correct.

Jeez! I don’t even know this much about my country

2 Likes

I’m not saying Snowman’s wrong, far from it. Just pointing out other indicators in the US economy… the fact that the USD and JPY have ended the year clearly in the top two positions is interesting.

US applied Chinese Tariffs, looming US Government shutdowns and a few other issues are taking a toll on the DOW, Nasdaq and the S&P 500. The USD has virtually remained unchanged through 2018.

The AUD (I’m Australian) is faltering badly… the Government is talking up the economy, but even the hardliners are now admitting that Interest rate cuts are now on the horizon, Bank stocks have been smashed over the last 6 months, Lending criteria is now so restrictive that Home Owners and SME’s trying to refinance to lower Interest rate products are finding it’s no longer possible…

Inflation is so low (real 0.3%) that if the government wasn’t increasing it’s costs to the average Taxpayer the country would currently be in technical recession… the perfect storm…

I would not be surprised to see the AUD @ $0.66 - $0.68 against the USD sometime in 2019

3 Likes

Thanks Dennis3450, I will look at that post?

1 Like

Try here ->

FINVIZ

Or here ->

Forex Early Warning

Be sure to use the holiday break to fully explore that 99% FREE site

The 35 Lessons are better than most paid for courses

Webinars are hidden at the bottom of that page, the Monday review is excellent

And Moderators, have a Merry Christmas, your doing an awesome job of deleting my ON TOPIC replies

SHEEEEEZZZZZZZZ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Hi Snowman. It is true you have provided some useful insights and resources recently. These latest 2 and the pattern site are excellent

2 Likes

@The_Snowman Thanks man, this was helpful !!! :slight_smile:

Have a Merry Christmas.

Cheers !

1 Like

Where did you get those stats from?

1 Like

very different looking SW ranking from a week ago and our two current strong week trades had a great week.

5 Likes

This year Santa rally was in the Yen, Our two Yen trades just keep on giving. 6 of our last 7 Top SW trades topped +200 pips. Chart patterns are good but I will stick with my SW rankings for great trade ideas

Markets are closed so I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas

1a

4 Likes

Happy Christmas to you too Dennis!

2 Likes

Have a happy and peaceful Christmas, Dennis, and thanks again for sharing.

3 Likes