Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Merry Christmas!!

1 Like

Reversal day for Yen pairs as US stocks saw a record-breaking price reversal, DOW up over 1000 points, I want to see some continuation but this move might be the real thing

5 Likes

Yesterdays move looks to be nothing more than a fake out,

4 Likes

After a one day reversal, our Yen trades hit new high pip totals. where we go from here is anyones guess

4 Likes

Trading over the holiday season ain’t so smart, but can not resist given the quality of these setups.

2 Likes

Currency Strength + Break Support + Retest :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is super interesting – I like the gold standard even more than I like the yen standard. I’ve also added XAUXAG and XAUZAR to the mix.

Thanks!

2 Likes

The bulls came in late to rally the market and give us the follow through I was looking for. So what does this all mean? Most likely we are seeing the big boys reallocate their portfolios, the DOW-30 has been the strongest which tells us Managers are looking for safety and are not ready to invest in risky Nasdaq stocks.

Next, I want to see that low of 21750 hold on the next pullback if that happens and we start seeing some higher lowes and higher highs then the downtrend would have been broken, but we have a lot of work to do to get there. Still lots of talk of this really being nothing more than a Bear Trap so be careful

3 Likes

How do you relate this information to the FX market, a little help for non-stocks traders.

2 Likes

Strong reading on SW followed by a break of Daily support. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi guys, this is a great thread. Thanks for all the hard work on it.

I built an indicator in TradingView that charts the 4H values of the SW calculation. The end of day numbers match those from the xls pretty closely.

After scanning the whole thread it looks like nobody has posted something like this. I’d be happy to share the script here if anyone is interested. Apologies if it has already been posted and I missed it.

3 Likes

I use trading view and would be interested in this.

Thanks

1 Like

Here you go. Any suggestions or constructive criticism welcome.

study(title=“Relative Strength v JPY”)

ma = sma(close, 200)

maSec1 = security(‘AUDJPY’, period, ma)
maSec2 = security(‘EURJPY’, period, ma)
maSec3 = security(‘USDJPY’, period, ma)
maSec4 = security(‘NZDJPY’, period, ma)
maSec5 = security(‘CHFJPY’, period, ma)
maSec6 = security(‘GBPJPY’, period, ma)
maSec7 = security(‘CADJPY’, period, ma)

price2401 = security(‘AUDJPY’, period, close)
price2402 = security(‘EURJPY’, period, close)
price2403 = security(‘USDJPY’, period, close)
price2404 = security(‘NZDJPY’, period, close)
price2405 = security(‘CHFJPY’, period, close)
price2406 = security(‘GBPJPY’, period, close)
price2407 = security(‘CADJPY’, period, close)

strengthSec1 = ((price2401 - maSec1)/price2401)
strengthSec2 = ((price2402 - maSec2)/price2402)
strengthSec3 = ((price2403 - maSec3)/price2403)
strengthSec4 = ((price2404 - maSec4)/price2404)
strengthSec5 = ((price2405 - maSec5)/price2405)
strengthSec6 = ((price2406 - maSec6)/price2406)
strengthSec7 = ((price2407 - maSec7)/price2407)

plot(strengthSec1, title=‘AUD’, color=green, linewidth=2, style=line)
plot(strengthSec2, title=‘EUR’, color=blue, linewidth=2, style=line)
plot(strengthSec3, title=‘USD’, color=red, linewidth=2, style=line)
plot(strengthSec4, title=‘NZD’, color=fuchsia, linewidth=2, style=line)
plot(strengthSec5, title=‘CHF’, color=white, linewidth=2, style=line)
plot(strengthSec6, title=‘GBP’, color=yellow, linewidth=2, style=line)
plot(strengthSec7, title=‘CAD’, color=aqua, linewidth=2, style=line)

7 Likes

It was a great week for Top Trades AUDJPY and CADJPY both finished the week near their lows for the week posting big gains from their entry points up + 241 and +288 pips respectively

only one trading day left for the year. We had a great 5-months to start then struggled a bit over the summer and now finishing strong. I will take it

4 Likes

The rule is a market in a strong bull move is in a risk on mode, that will usually mean weakness in your safe haven currency like Yen and USD. and Strength in the commodity currencies ( CAD, AUD and NZD) but we have been in a nasty bear market so we see the reverse of what I described above. Now if we have reached a bottom in the market then look for Yen to start to weaken as the commodity currencies slowly move up in the rankings

3 Likes

Thanks this is awesome!

1 Like

Max, I think this course in the Scool of Pipsoligy might help explain what Dennis is pointing out.

2 Likes

We end 2018 with a strong Yen and a Stock market rally, those two are not suppose to go together but this is the upside down world we trade in these days

Look at our current two Top SW Trades, they just keep racking up the pips

7 Likes

Happy New Year!!!

1 Like

1b

4 Likes