Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Here is a look at 2018 year end, a very different looking list from 2017 when EURUSD was the top mover for the year,

you will need to click on this list to see it in complete form

6 Likes

Price Moving from Demand Zones to Supply Zones. Easy Trades.

1 Like

Hi @Dennis3450 Will we be seeing your trading stats like last year? :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Dennis3450, thanks for your effort thus far. Please add me up to the number of people you will be mentoring this year.
Thanks

2 Likes

We start 2019 with a big move in our Top SW Trade with Yen getting to some extreme levels against all other currencies. Note how today’s down candle is bigger than any other during this downtrend, Trends often end with one final big move.

4 Likes

I don’t really see myself qualified to mentor anyone directly, but you are invited to follow along as we together explore ideas to make a little money in this market.

3 Likes

I don’t think I did any trading stats last year, normally I will review my trades and come up with an action plan to improve my trading in the coming year, I have shared that in the past

3 Likes

Hey Dennis - do you have a summary for 2018, perhaps a consolidated success / failure metric to see how your method has performed. I’d certainly be curious.

2 Likes

Massive move for the Yen, not sure what caused it, but missed it, it has pulled back. Flash Crash apparently - ‘The FX space has been shaken up in early Asia on the back of the news wires that Apple has seen a `significantly greater’ impact from some EM weakness, cutting Q1 revenue guidance.’

3 Likes

Yeah it must have been scary for anyone on the wrong side. The move has reversed 340 pips as I write this, but my shorts against AUDJPY and NZDJPY are massively ahead anyway. AUDJPY moved 500+ pips this morning, nice start to the year for anyone who closed out at the bottom.

3 Likes

Flash crash is right, Following my SW rankings would have kept you on the right side of this trade

4 Likes

The JPY strengthening is clearly visible across 5 days and all majors…

Anyone following Dennis’s SW Analytics should have been on the right side of this move since at least the 31st December 2018 and been short on CADJPY, NZDJPY, GBPJPY and USDJPY…

Doesn’t get much easier than this… Saying that… I’d already closed AUDJPY… (possible reversal point)

4 Likes

Ditto, this market is begging us to take money from it, we just need to do what the market is telling us to do, and not get greedy

2 Likes

I went back 2 years and could not find a currency as strong as Yen is today.

Not to brag but it sure is nice seeing our Top Trade taking full advantage of this flash crash

7 Likes

Agreed!

Tip: Don’t try and outsmart the market and predict tops and bottoms, let the market dictate direction and follow it accordingly.

3 Likes

Hey Dennis! I am new here! What fascinating thread this is! I LOVE this idea. I read the oldest bits and saw the formula you use.

I think the part I don’t quite understand is, I see you update the %'s every day. I believe you said you use the 4 hour, daily and weekly for calculating? I guess my question is, if using the 4 hour to calculate, which 4 hour candle do you use? The first one opening for the day?

I also saw you say you like to wait for the pull back on the 1 hour time frame to the 200 for entry. Which time frame do you base your strength calculation when trading the 1 hour time frame like that?

Thank you for all your time. I very excited to learn more about this.

1 Like

Wow, very cool. I was hoping to create an MT4 version since I dont use trading view. I may have to load trading view up and take a look at this.

1 Like

Hi SG,

I know this is not good to answer question that is not from the person you ask directly but I will just answer this base on my understanding, hopefully Dennis can correct me if I am wrong.

Dennis is using the new york 4H candle close at 5pm EST. So in MT4 you just hover your mouse to it and get its 200SMA price and the closing price, do the formula and you have the % for the currency.

For the pullback off 200SMA, im not real sure how Dennis does it but for me, when I missed to enter a top SW on the first day it became the strongest and weakest pair, after a couple of days or more i will scan through 4H 1H or 1D TF to look for a bounce off the 200SMA and then enter.

2 Likes

Missed profiting from the spike down on this pair… but sure as hell made up for it on the reversal…

And here’s the result of that reversal in numbers… nice small 0.1 lot sizes using Rram2’s Strategy…

Pip step of 3… no SL’s or TP’s and close all when target acquired… a clean positive equity wave…

Weaponization of Dennis’s super successful CSW Analytic Strategy…

6 Likes

Huge selloff and reversal on Thursday with a follow through on Friday, I think we might see a countertrend rally this week but Yen still hold a big lead over the rest of the market, lets see what happens when price hits some of those major moving average points

3 Likes