Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Down day for all Yen pairs , does that mean Yen weakness is over, It could but one day does not make a trend and no reversal candles so we will just view it as a normal pullback

1 Like

GBP and CAD weakeningā€¦ CHF and NZD Strengtheningā€¦ AUD and EUR flatliningā€¦

4 Likes

Based on the rankings for the 4th of march, NZD and CAD had the big move. Who else is looking for a short term trade in here? If the price breaks the HL maybe Ill go long.

HL means HIgher Low?

Did you mean the Lower High to go Long?

LH

Top Trade GBPJPY still consolidating , keep an eye on price vs the 200 ma on 1hr chart

1a

4 Likes

Weakness in the commodity sector gives us a new Top Trade, GBPCAD but GBPAUD is also worth a look as they are only a few pips apart from each other. Both of these GBP pairs have nice up trends in place

7 Likes

All the JPY pairs are falling as predicted.

Its going wellā€¦ Up Ā£300 per lot at time of posting. Considering the USD is still so strong.
Could the JPY be travelling to the number 1 spot.

The chart might look a mess to you but its so powerful in determining when the JPY will go from strongest to weakest and vise versa using Dennisā€™s rankings

4 Likes

@MonkeyFX , is there a public post/posts explaining the methodology you use to determine reversals?

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid notā€¦ It is from all my own research and it is not publicly available anywhere.

I will post it here in due time. Iā€™m just waiting to see if in fact the JPY will go to number one spot as determined by the method. So far so good. My choosing of the USD though to pair with it is the worst performer so far as the USD is so strong still.

2 Likes

and the Yen is swinging back towards the top,

3 Likes

Traders can use Dennisā€™s formula and generate their own Currency Strength Indicatorā€¦

The EUR weakens and crosses below the strengthening JPY for the first time in a whileā€¦

And below is the resulting opportunityā€¦ 160+ pips across 8 hours (EURJPY 1 Hour)

Maybe check another crossā€¦ A weak NZD against the weaker EURā€¦ 125+ pips over 7 hours.

Itā€™s the same strategy that displayed these signals AHEAD of the market movingā€¦

And hereā€¦

And hereā€¦

And hereā€¦

It just doesnā€™t get any easierā€¦ those chart values where available 12+ hours agoā€¦

7 Likes

Hey TWB - me again (Iā€™m sure you can tell whatā€™s coming)

Do you have any proof of the trades youā€™ve taken rather than Cherry Picking the ones that fit with a screenshot - whatā€™s next, if you apply a SMA then youā€™d have got this as well :wink:

All jokes to one side - iā€™m curious, any proof on this thread of the potential success, or just pointers towards what has been strong and what has been weak?

For the record, I also donā€™t disagree with this analysis, itā€™s a useful foundation to add to the tool box - iā€™d be keen to see one of the many members here though show some level of verified success - the analysis is after all always based off of what has happened and hoping that such an indication will continue moving forward.

2 Likes

The best thing to do is take the strategy by Dennis and do some research like many here doā€¦

Dennis ranking formula is a basisā€¦ It is not the magic holy grail. I took it and formulated a formula that when the JPY is the weakest/Strongest with a high degree of accuracy I can determine when it will go from strongest to weakest and weakest to strongest. Like it is doing now. See posts above under my username.

Here is proof of the sell trade.

See the timestamp.

2 Likes

Hey @MonkeyFX - appreciate the reply rather than flying off the handle as I would have expected from others.

You donā€™t need to show me a screen shot, iā€™m sure quite a few took the short today and did very well - I didnā€™t, i missed a short at the weekly open in EU - but thatā€™s a story for another day.

My question though was rather than showing screenshots does anyone here have verified proof that this actually works. Yes I get itā€™s a sensitive topic.

Iā€™m an outsider here - think of me as clueless

So please, show me where the fruit is in the crumble, anyone???

1 Like

I never fly off the handle. We all have to learn sometime and help others.
I hope someone here can show you more with proof etc before the event and not a screenshot after.

I rarely come here as never have the time but do pop in now and againā€¦ I hope you get what you are looking for and answers.

2 Likes

Thanks,

After a little more reading Iā€™ve come to understand that this is basically an indication system that gives you a bias, based on past currency comparison via a % change against the JPY. A great foundation nonetheless, but not a complete trading entry, exit and management approach (which was my misunderstanding)

Iā€™ll move on from here - just a curious old timer here in BP looking around.

1 Like

Oh, @Dennis3450, I hope you donā€™t take my posts the wrong way too!

Just some friendly banter between two people that have the same underlying goal :wink:

The move last night (I am in Australia) was fundamental following dovish statements from the ECB, not technical. Any S-W analysis is going to be a lagging indicator so it wasnt until NY close that you knew for sure that the rankings had crossed using this method which is plotting the longer term trend. That has clearly shown the relative weakening of GBP (for instance) over the last 6 days. You could have been closer to the action using a heatmap (see attached). This screenshot is from the session end but you could watch it developing live. You would be closer still watching the charts. It is useful to have a screen showing each cross for every currency (although the heatmap is a bit easier). That would have left you in no doubt about the currencies being driven by the news

4 Likes

GBP Weakening. Figs a little different from Dennis as I use an EOD chart with a 35 sma and of course have a different broker

1 Like

Hey @tonymand

Thankā€™s for that - I think your reply basically sums up what I was thinking - that is that the charts show the most ā€œreal timeā€ data that you can actually getā€¦ with your useful heatmap showing, all be it a marginal lagging indicator, a up to date view on what is actually taking shape.

1 Like