Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I hope you guys have a little piece of this Gold and Silver action. Big up day for Yen pairs, maybe this is finally the end to Yen strength

Unless this is some kind of head fake, look for a new #1 tomorrow, I think the Yen is done

Looking at GBPJPY, we had a pin bar reversal off of support and a big follow-through today. Not a Strong Weak play but if GBPJPY is a pair you know how to play, this is a very inviting signal to get long

1 Like

good play, GBPJPY shot up like you said

1 Like

Our first new trade signal in over a month GBPNZD , and as justshell noted , my GBPJPY trade suggestion from yesterday was up over 150 pips on the day.

1 Like

Big down day Friday for new Top Trade GBPNZD, and Friday gives us a new Trade EURGBP*

lots of volatility in the Pound, have a game plan if you decide to trade it and know this one requires a wider stop then others which makes it riskier

1 Like

I will be taking a few days off this week , this will be my last post until Thursday, Note this market is in a counter trend move so be careful here.

You all have a good first half of the week and I will be back Thursday

3 Likes

For those of you looking for SW readings in Dennis’ absence:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks for your view; however, I am just following this topic, but related to the analysis Dennis makes (JPY instead of USD), the Top SW trade is GBPJPY.

and ranking wise it would look like this:

1. GBPJPY
  2. GBPCHF
  3. EURGBP
  4. AUDJPY
  5. AUDCHF
  6. EURAUD

The AUD trades are off course also looking good, so my post is not meant to question your analyses, but more for me to better understand the procedure.

If following the rule of only trade the Top SW 1 (>2%), than the only trade to make is GBPJPY.

@Dennis3450: would this be correct according to the basic rules? Or would you also open the AUDJPY trade at this moment?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I am back, and not much has changed, top 4 from end of last week are still at the top and Yen concluded it’s journey to #8, Did I not call the GBPJPY trade like 8 days ago

US stock indexes are nearing new highs, and our SW rankings reflect this. I guess the world is back to normal

3 Likes

If I have time I will fill in the days I missed but for now, our last three Top Trades, GBPJPY, EURGBP and GBPNZD ended the week up over 100+ Pips, Not bad

For you technical traders GBPJPY gave us a classic double bottom with the last bottom ending in a pin bar reversal , on the way down it took GBPJPY 60 days to hit +1300 pips. The reversal has only taken 8 days to reverse +800 pips. this reversal looks like the real thing and I would expect much more upside from here

6 Likes

AUDJPY was at the time the top SW trade, with more than 2% spread. We shouldn’t get too bogged down with the minutiae of the calculations. Also note that the snapshots that I posted in Dennis’ absence were taken from an EA, so the values and positions are constantly changing, and not necessarily at taken at 5pm EST. But they were taken at a constant time.

1 Like

Hello! Ngula_Kalili I agree with you regard the calculations, however, I want to tell you that I have a diferent order ranking last week with euro and nzd, and that because the broker had diferent values at the same candlestick. I don’t know if this is relevant (I’m learning how to trade with W/S reading this post) but this situation make me be alert about possible differences in the readings that my broker offers in comparation with others brokers.
Do you recomend to check the calculations at least with 2 brokers? Or what broker do you use?

Thanks to everyone wich post in this thread. It has a valuable and practical information.
Best

small pullback day

3 Likes

I personally do not think that the differences are important: everyone who comes here asks why their values are different from what Dennis gets.
What is important is that you remain consistent. If you have your own ranking system, then stick to it. If you use Dennis’ then stick to that. Once in a while you may have variances as to the order and values, but that could be due to a number of reasons:

Broker quotes
Time of day
Calculation method you use
Etc.

Find a source you are confident in, and stick to it.

4 Likes

hi dennis, thank you for sharing over the past years. are you able to share your excel sheet with me? i would like to try to come up with a few strategies. thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

slow day but all our GBP trades were up on the day

1 Like

Another slow day, Top Trade GBPJPY did cross the +200 pip mark

2 Likes

Top SW Trade from Sept 5th is back on top GBPNZD, if you took this trade you would have had to suffer through a 250 pip drawdown put if you stayed with it you would be up over 500 pips today

3 Likes