Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Why different charting again Dennis?

I will be traveling tomorrow and have already packed my computer with my spreadsheets, I will double check my number tomorrow, I am pulling my numbers from Trading View, 4hr chart, 200 simple moving average

1 Like

I’m using TradingView charts with the built in 200MA indicator on the 4hr chart. I took these prices last night at about 21:55 London time, 16:55 NYC time.

I don’t expect them to be perfect, but they do seem to be a bit too different for my liking.

200…on a ‘moving average’ from TradingView’s built in moving averages.

Ok, so assuming it’s on default settings, then the reading would be set to ‘close’? Your reading is almost exactly the same as mine, there’s no simple moving average on TradingView, they have everything else: MA, MAE, MAW, Smoothed MA. I tried the MA, the Smoothed MA, and downloaded a Simple MA and got pretty well the same readings.

I don’t concern myself with it too much, as long as I’m doing the same thing each day then I just go by my numbers. The order will be pretty much the same as Dennis’s on a daily basis. If they’re not then it will only be by a couple percentage points.

1 Like

Thanks for checking, appreciate it. I think i’ve come to the same conclusion, they’re showing similar results and as you say, if we’re sticking to a consistent approach with our data it should be fine.

Thanks again.
Ben

1 Like

Interestingly I’ve had a PM from Jahruhay, sounds like a standup guy.

Ignoring the fact he’s trying to con me for an indicator I already have (free), he’s reminded me of the indicator I already have (free), probably from this thread a few years back…and it’s showing pretty much the same values as i worked out manually.

Thanks @Jahruhay !

2 Likes

I also had a PM of that sought from him too…SMH.

1 Like

Breakout day for Top Trade AUDUSD

1 Like

As in December, so in January…

1 Like

Hello Dennis ! how many pips profit for AUDUSD since December10th entry date ? Also what was the biggest down day for this trade so far?

was up as much as 241 pips today, biggest draw down was 70 Pips, so a 100 pips stop loss and a 200 pip profit target would have been a excellent trade for this pair and we may get much more

2 Likes

Hi @Dennis3450

I am posting back on this thread exactly after 2 Years. I have been working on strong weak strategy since 2015 May (Close to 6 years now), last two years I stepped away from active trading and started working on psychology, which helped me to come up with a simple system that I no longer have to battle with internal conflicts. Its pretty amazing how far this thread have developed, amazing job Dennis! I am hoping to share my ideas with the members from now on.

Late Entry - was targeting 1:8 ended up with 1:4

1 Like

@Benjwoo, Simple MA is normally acronymed by just MA, MAE is Exponential MA, MAW is Weighted MA and Smoothed MA normally refers to Wilder’s Smoothed Moving Average (or similar formulation)

Compared to other moving averages, Wilders MA responds more slowly to price changes (hence the Smoothed), where an n-period Wilder MA gives similar values to a 2n- period EMA. For example, a 14-period EMA has almost the same values as a 7-period Wilder MA.

Answering the question… The MA on the TradingView Platform is the Simple Moving Average.

The reason for slight variations in the results from Dennis’s matrix percentages is down to various Brokers offering various price feeds across the globe… we aren’t all seeing the same prices!! And differences in Timezones (DST etc.)

3 Likes

Hi Dennis
EUR/USD seems like it could be a good trade right now. The gap is 2.07% and it is one of the pairs that you would usually trade (I think you said that in one of your earlier posts). I am relatively new to this thread but have been trying to read as much as I can. Thank you for your contribution.

Thanks for the insightful reply, makes perfect sense.

Ben

Skimming some from AUDUSD.

Hi Meza,

What’s your strategy, share with us how you would trade the EURUSD and where your entry and take profit would be? Happy to help if you share what you’re thinking.

Ben

anything against the US dollar is a good trade now, AUDUSD is up again today

Hi @Benjwoo

Are you able to share a link to this indicator? I’ve had a skim through this thread but can’t seem to find it.

Thanks in advance.