Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I said

Rankings are based on the last 34 days, a #8 can still have a strong day without changing the rankings

And here is why I do not day trade or chase one-day moves, clearly yesterday was just a down day and the trend for Yen pairs is still up

Stocks open higher with new All-time highs

As I said before, expect a good January but watch out for February

1a

2 Likes

Big green candle in all Yen pairs today, totally erasing yesterday’s down move

2 Likes

Our currencies are telling us we have a risk-on rally

1a

But US stocks are telling us a different story with the DOW hitting another all-time high and the NASDAQ ( IXIC) down -1.12% . A rising DOW and falling NASDAQ would normally indicate a flight to safety. So who do we belive the currencies or the stock market

1a2

3 Likes

Currency market!! Stock market is just going through a rotation out of growth stocks and into value.

IMHO, today all markets should be on pause unless smth bad happens in the real world.

its risk off, bonds are outperforming stocks, thats why aud usd is falling

Only GBP and EUR survived the late afternoon selling, US stocks took another hit, especially in the already weak NASDAQ

1a

2 Likes

Very true and why NASDAQ is getting beat up while the DOW hit another ALL-Time high, but even the DOW got hit with afternoon selling today

I own a lot of value ( dividend payers) so the selling not hurting me to much

2 Likes

Nowhere to hide, just about everything is down, Yen pairs, stocks, gold , Bitcoin

1a

1 Like

Oil :slight_smile: still holds and goes up. But we will see.

1 Like

Top Trade GBPJPY has not had two down days during this current rally

1a

4 Likes

Yesterday I noted that GBPJPY has not had two down days in a row during this rally and today we kept that streak alive except for one thing, we failed to make a higher high. What does that mean, it might mean nothing but today’s move was weaker than past moves

1a

2 Likes

The NASDAQ had another bad day, but we see buyers coming in every time price falls below the 200 ma on the 4hr chart, Will it happen again this time

the stock market isn’t doing to well at all

1a

1 Like

wHAT is everyone trading ???

I don’ trade as some people understand it, I follow trends on the daily chart. So I am always looking to get long on the top trades indicated in the analysis in this thread.

what market milk parameters have you guys found to be the closest to Dennis currency strength approach?

On the 1D TF, the #1 & #8 on Dennis’ and MarketMilk almost have the same results.