Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

A mostly up day for Yen pairs, US stocks were all green today

1a

1 Like

Another rollercoaster day, prices rallied to start the day but have reversed as we approach the New York open

What this market is telling me is Do Not buy on an up candle or sell short on a down candle

1a

4 Likes

This back and forth action has the distance between 1 to 8 ever-shrinking

1a

3 Likes

All red today, Bitcoin also took a hit, only thing to do well was Gold

1a

1 Like

1a

This is one tight market, something has got to give

1a

GBPNZD is our new Top Trade, this one did well for us back in October with over 400 pips at its peak, let’s see if it can do it again

2 Likes

Note: I will be off grid traveling for the next week, if I have internet I will keep posting,

Everyone have a great new week

3 Likes

1a

2 Likes

Our currencies indicate a risk-on day but the stock market is telling us a different story

1a

2 Likes

It is an odd market with two risk-on currencies making our new Top Trade

1a

If AUDCAD continues its pattern it should drop here, but maybe the Strong Weak rankings knows something we don’t

5 Likes

Agreed especially when oil is trending up strongly. The CAD - Oil correlation is lost/ decoupled for now.

1 Like

A bear market seems to be here, or will this double bottom hold, I am not betting on it

Again we have risk on currencies rally on a day of huge stock market declines

Does anyone here believe in Simulation Theory, the theory that our reality is just a simulation?

It is the best explanation I have for these markets and for that matter, the whole screwed up world

God help us

1a

1 Like

Yes, its bizarre, it seems like half the market believes we’re OK because we’re all still alive for one more day, while the other half believe we’re all only still alive for one more day.

3 Likes

:chart_with_downwards_trend: US stock indexes hit new recent lows on Wednesday, with Nasdaq -2.57% and Dow entering correction territory. Ukraine declared a state of emergency after Russia sent more troops into eastern Ukraine regions, with the US rolling out further sanctions on Nord Stream 2. Major European indices closed lower. China’s benchmark CSI 300 +1.07%.

:star2: Gold regained $1,900 amid the rising fears of Russia-Ukraine conflict, and Palladium (XPDUSD) surged by 5.5% to $2,473.18. WTI crude (SpotCrude) edged higher to $93.85 despite the US inventory rising by more than expected last week. Bitcoin was lower at $37,562.

:heavy_dollar_sign: The US dollar index (USDX) climbed above 96 as the Treasury yield rose across the curve. Safe haven JPY and CHF continued to outperform overnight. US Q4 GDP is due out today.

:small_red_triangle_down: EUR fell toward 1.1300 amid the risk-off mood. Eurozone CPI remained elevated at 5.1% YoY in January, up from December’s 5.0%. GBP ended lower at 1.3546, with the BoE Governor seeing very clear risk of high inflation.

:new_zealand: NZD led the G10 gains on Wednesday after the RBNZ raised its cash rate and revised the terminal rate forecast higher, despite the pullback from one-month high in NY session. AUD moved in a similar fashion and closed at 0.7232 below the 100-day SMA. USDCAD was down to 1.2735.

1 Like

Global Markets Unravel As Putin Launches “Military Operation”

MAYDAY MAYDAY = Breaking: NATO has officially told Reuters that an official invasion of Ukraine has begun

*BRENT OIL HITS $100 A BARREL FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 2014

1 Like

More pain for equities as the currencies join in.

This is what happens when you have a president who losses one war ( Afghanistan) and immediately looks for another war to involve us in.

The US has truly become the Empire from Star Wars

If you would like to comment more on this let’s take it to the political opinion thread, I love a lively conversation

1a

$100 a barrel oil and $4 a gallon at the pump has always preceded a US economic collapse. We seem to be following that pattern

1 Like

how safe are we in the UK?

Its a sensible question but the answer has to be relative - safer than Ukraine, not as safe as Portugal.

The route to a more precise answer depends on what happens in the next few weeks.

Assuming Russia absorbs eastern Ukraine and the Crimea into a new Russian Soviet Union, will Ukraine follow? And if Ukraine follows, who is next? - the Baltic states? Poland? Slovakia, Moldova, Romania, Hungary? All previously within the USSR.

Maybe Putin will not be in a hurry. But maybe China will take their opportunity, their “turn”. I’d be more worried if I lived in South Korea or Taiwan than I am in the UK and more than I would in Poland.

2 Likes