Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I am seeing a lot of green today, now will hold these gains to the close

1a

1 Like

Stocks rallied into the close and the Yen is back to 8th, with NZD,AUD, and CAD holding the top 3 we have your classic risk-on market and stocks are saying the same thing

My inside sources are also telling me that gas prices will drop tomorrow, some of you may have already seen the first wave of price drops, anyone else excited about paying only 3.99 for gas

1a

3 Likes

Three in a row and all finished at the high of the day, very bullish, Currencies are following our Risk-On currencies leading the way

1 Like

1a

3 Likes

Is there a point where the Strong/Weak ratio is too much, and the optimal entry has been missed?
I understand the idea of comparing currencies, and trading the strong against the weak, based on the percentages shown.
But, isn’t the best entry when the percentage is below a certain amount, ie, at the cusp of changing.

Given your latest upload, isn’t NZD / 5.37% over-stretched, and too late to enter?
A bit like a Moving Average cross-over, the best entry is near the cross-over, or cusp of change.
For example, when the percentage is going from 0.25% to 0.5% might be the optimal entry.

Using the analogy of MAs, a chart where the MAs are very far apart, the best entry is surely in the past, and similarly is there a percentage where it’s too late to enter?

Really like your patience in holding onto trades for several hundred pips over weeks. This is the epitome of making money while you sleep.

1 Like

HUGE gratitude for sharing these essential prospects with us and literally all of us really appreciate the effort. The topic that you’ve stated is undoubtedly filled with significance and we really can’t deny that fact.

Have an incredible day!

1 Like

If you are at the roulette table and red hit 5 times in a row would you bet black, that is the gambler’s fallacy. This applies to trading as well, our Strong/Weak ratio is going to put us in trades that will be seen as overbought or sold by most indicators, fact is the market can stay overbought or oversold for an extended period of time, this is when SW really shines. If you are scared of a wide-ratio then you can always wait and try to time an entry on a pullback, I like to use pullbacks to the 200 ma on the one hour chart as an alternative entry point

Happy Trading

4 Likes

Lots of green to start the day, this should point to a green open to US stocks

1a

Stocks have broken through my downtrend line, We are working on the largest weekly candle in over a year, now the question have we seen the beginning of a new bull or just a bear trap

2 Likes

Totally with you regarding the trending nature of markets, where overbought and oversold doesn’t apply.
My personal style is pullbacks, using a higher timeframe to determine trend, then using lower timeframe to time pullbacks to the main trend,
Am in total confluence with you with this.
You only have to look at a chart where the stochastics is over the 80 or under the 20, and see how much price has moved to see this.
Maybe I am overthinking this.
Great thread. I am following along avidly.

1 Like

All green except for Gold, this is all good except for oil is back above 100

1a

1 Like

1a2

2 Likes

We start the week mixed, but what troubles me is the spike in oil prices, All inflation starts with oil and this does not look good

1a

1 Like

One thing I noticed that it somewhat doesn’t work so well on AudNzd pair, as in, they can be trendy at the same time the ranking are very close to each other. Any one notice this?

AUD and NZD are both risk-on currencies and tend to trend in the same direction against the Dollar and Yen. Better trades will be matching the AUD or NZD to a risk-off currency like USD or Yen, also any of the European currencies can work well. For my own trading the three currencies I trade most are AUDUSD, EURUSD and EURAUD.

But at the same time, if you specialized in one currency even the AUDNZD can work well once you know its tendencies

2 Likes

mixed day and no change in the rank order

1a

Note; I will be traveling tomorrow (Tuesday) should I not post and update that will be why

4 Likes

you type as if you’re crying over your keyboard

Markets love war

1a

2 Likes

Just as Gas prices have dropped back below 4 bucks a gallon, oil is clearly on the rise again, How much more of this can our economy take

2 Likes

We are starting the day with a lot of RED, and that spike in oil is bad for us consumers

1a

4 Likes

Stocks down but the Strong Weak cap widen

1a

If you think a strong-weak gap of 8% is big, below is where we stood exactly 2 years ago today. There is nothing stopping today’s gap from widening more

1a2

8 Likes