Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

As gas prices rise so does the Canadian dollar

1a

9 up days in a row for CADJPY, we hade 14 back in march

2 Likes

First time in many weeks my spreadsheet ranks both AUD and NZD more bullish than both CHF and JPY.

Now I just need to work out if I can afford to drive my car somewhere nice to celebrate…

1 Like

That seems to be their plan, first is was the lockdown, and now unaffordable gas prices, Did you see the movie Hunger Games, we seem to be living in the back story to that movie, which means a dystopian future awaits us, not good

1 Like

Top Trades CADJPY and USDJPY are leading the way again, these are truly some epic moves we are seeing and Strong Weak has you in the best of the best

1a

2 Likes

Unbelievable moves on them. CADJPY is my 2nd most profitable trade ever (assuming it doesn’t wildly swing back down before I close it). Only had it open for 3 days.

And for some reason, I keep seeing people shorting USD and buying JPY on this forum. It genuinely beggars belief that people bet against such strong trends. Just because it’s been 15 years since the CADJPY was higher means absolutely nothing, it is strong for a reason.

2 Likes

It is called the “Gambler’s Fallacy” same thing that will have someone betting on red after they see black numbers come up three times in a row on the roulette wheel

and congrats on CADJPY being one of your most profitable trades, glad I had a small part in it,

Keep making those pips

1 Like

we are well on our way to a all Green close

1a

Stocks post 3rd inside candle, this indicates Indecision, On the good note, price did open down but rebounded, this tells us there are buyers at this price level

2 Likes

Another great day for those still holding Top Trade CADJPY

1a

4 Likes

Up, up we go, when will it end , nobody knows

Trading should be fun, and I am having more fun than I deserve, how about you?

1a

3 Likes

It is fun indeed, entries have been a breeze.

But when to exit? 200 pips? new low on daily close? this is my current question

1 Like

I wish I knew, I have never seen any system call tops or bottom any better than a coin toss. my best advice is to take profits in half your position at 100 pips and let the rest run with a break-even stop, then choose how long to stay in, knowing you will never sell at the top

3 Likes

Both CADJPY and USDJPY are up over 300 pips this week, nothing wrong with locking in some profits with a trailing stop

1a2

3 Likes

Knowing where to exit is the ultimate question in trading. Because it is so difficult to answer categorically I suspect that is the reason why we see such emphasis on precise entry signals, support and resistance levels, supply and demand zones, pattern targets, chart patterns candlestick patterns risk:reward ratios, technical indicators and all the rest. Finding a good entry point is easy. But all these other things are developed and promoted as reasoning for exits, not reasoning for entry which is how they are described.

The logical conclusion is that there is no way to know for sure where to exit.

1 Like

we are headed towards an all-red close ending the green candle win streak for all our short yen trades, but one day is not a trend, as I posted yesterday, taking some profits and maybe a trailing stop is not a bad move.
I would rather miss out on some future gains than see all my unrealized gains disappear

1a

3 Likes

Big down day for stocks and risk-on currencies CAD, AUD and NZD all sold off, USD remains strong and that is where my money is

1a

1 Like

I was waiting for this to happen, just like the two previous rallies, this one has now failed and unless this is a big fakeout by the market ( it has happened before) we are heading for new lows

On the currency side, look for USD to remain strong and Yen to rally

Stocks, everything is down, there is no place to hide, and even energy took a hit today

3 Likes

Start using a Momentum/ROC/MFI Style Oscillator…You won’t be guessing Tops and Bottoms.

Blue Line is the SMA200 as a level not a moving line… Maybe that’s the level CADJPY will retrace to?? Even back in April May this level was activating price action…

Set this up with the previous SWA performers EURUSD… AUDCHF… AUDJPY…

It will begin to make sense too those that put some thought into this strategy…

Come on guys… It’s not that hard… Now, bring in the Trolls…
|
|
Edit: Same can be applied to Energies, Metals and Indices.

You can see the weakness in the Dow from Wednesday’s New York session, the spike up to garnish some more liquidity… Which takes out the SMA200 level… Again… Strange That!

And then the drive downward over the New York Session.

A simple system that shows at a glance the strength (and weakness) of most trends.

1 Like

This is a troll free thread LOL

Trends, I am not doubting you, but I would like to see you call the next top or bottom in real-time using this indicator

2 Likes

and down we go, and what is the US congress or the president doing, NOT A DAMN THING!

1 Like

I don’t think he is saying to call exact tops or bottoms; just to recognize price action and the start of a reversal.

Something a bit quicker than 200 SMA, it can be done, also observe the general fundamentals, what is happening?

Inflation, interest rates, wars, mass shootings, Johnny Depp winning an argument with a woman - these are not normal situations.

May you live in interesting times!

4 Likes