Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Mixed day for yen pairs, USD took a big hit again

Another breakout move by the NASDAQ, Gold and Bitcoin are also on the move

QQQ, Bitcoin, Gold and short USD , that combo could make someone a lot of money this year

5 Likes

USDJPY is on path to completely retrace last years mega move up, and as happens so often, the fall is much faster than the rise

6 Likes

Stocks continue to rotate into growth as the NASDAQ(IXIC) leads, But currencies are still favoring safety. This is a divergence and should correct at some point, but will the correction favor growth or safety, guess correctly on that one and you will make a lot of money this year

1 Like

Meta reported better than exp revenue which helps the NAS100.

Caveat is after the bell today the A’s report;

Amazon, Alphabet and Apple.

Nasdaq leading the way, Spx doing good, Russell fine and dandy - but the US30 down on the day so far.

On the Nas100 - communications sector is the leader by far (Meta) with the tech sector about a third the way behind.

Get a sense that the Nas could see a pull back given the strength of a single sector - will be interesting numbers.

2 Likes

Stocks got stronger into the close, and risk-on currency pair AUDJPY leads lower. That is a mixed message the market is sending, but for now I will take those gains in the NASDAQ, My 401K savings sure are happy about it

2 Likes

We have a stock market clearly in Risk-on mode and a currency market having trouble deciding which way is up

3 Likes

Apple revenue a miss - 6 or 7 years back since that happened.

Nas now pulling back in after trading pretty much as expected - might be a bit more tomorrow’s 1st Friday - interesting times no doubt.

Good to see continued upward path in UK Gilts (prices) - pension funds use them.

Strong & Weak totally flipped after Non-Farm Payroll and Unemployment Rate

2 Likes

is that a short term blip and leading to a buying opportunity in audusd or nzdusd or trend reversal???..With my work, Jpy is the strongest with USD and CAD being the weakest…i still like cadjpy short even with that spike up.

USD got a big bid on Friday, it was a mixed week for the rest of our yen pairs, the top 6 are all within 1% of each other. GBPAUD is our new Top Trade, but it comes on a big reversal candle

4 Likes

Still have GBP/JPY as top trade using the 50EMA match-ups, short of course. But taking into account other TA criteria, overall its not a great target. I am in cash right now with no immediate forex entry prospects anywhere.

Gbpaud looks kinda range bound to me

third day in a row we have a new Top Trade, during time of consolidation this is normal

4 Likes

Yen continues to act as a risk-on commodity currency, is this the new normal?

2 Likes

Of all the Yen pairs, AUD held up the best as it reclaimed #1, Top trade GBPAUD from two days ago is now positive

4 Likes

How about that, we have AUD and NZD at opposite ends of the rankings

3 Likes

This correct. and its strange enough alone to be a signal for caution. Its like the guard dog which didn’t bark.

1 Like

Stocks down, Yen down, the correlation continues

3 Likes

tight market

3 Likes

For the week, 5 of the 7 Yen pairs had green weeks, but they all finished the week very close to where they began. Yen and NASDAQ continue to trade together. The NASDAQ had its first losing week of the year

1 Like