Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

So far, so good :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

My mission now is to find a way to get into the next trend like CHF/JPY and make sure I follow it all the way.

3 Likes

i have no changesā€¦still usd strength and nzd weaknessā€¦ Had a good week riding that one down. lets hope it can continue.

1 Like

All green day to end the week, S&P and Nasdaq end their 3-week losing streak

2 Likes

Little change for the week, only the Pound lost ground to the Yen

3 Likes

That is a lot of green to start the week, But stocks have a long way to go in the last 4 days of the month to avoid first losing month since February

2 Likes

I donā€™t trade index or stocks, but an interesting topic, found this on Trade That Swing dot com if you need the source, could it be a timely reminder?

1 Like

This market seems to be stuck in this rank order with very little change over the last month

5 Likes

For those of you that may not know, I am based in Florida and we have a nasty hurricane moving this way,
If I do not post the rest of this week, most likely we are just without power, but death is not out of the realm of possibility. ( bad humor)

Everyone stay safe, pray for us in the path of the storm, and I will see you when the skies clear

3 Likes

Has there ever been a nice hurricane? Watch out for falling helicopters!

1 Like

i had usd,chf,eur,gbp,cad,aud,jpy,nzdā€¦so still usdnzd is our strong weak pair.

1 Like

How scarey. Take care Dennis.
(Iā€™m in the UK - we donā€™t do exciting weather.)

2 Likes

Interesting results here, thanks.

I know the article was illustrating seasonality but for me the biggest conclusion is not that certain months over-perform and certain under-perform, itā€™s that averaged over the last 10 years, the S&P has on average posted a fall in just 1 month out of every 12. Thatā€™s a pretty good win rate.

NB. For trading, I donā€™t advocate buy-and-hold for a decade, nor even on a monthly time-frame.

3 Likes

Big Update: I had a change in the strong weak pair ā€¦chf is the strongest while the jpy is the weakest now.

2 Likes

I would check those figures. Look at Dennis latest Excel, there is big difference in the USD and CHF percentage.

Out of respect, I wonā€™t post mine until after he posts, if at all, but I donā€™t see any change. And I donā€™t see enough price movement of the CHFJPY vs USDJPY that could cause that which leads me to think itā€™s a data entry error.

1 Like

Nope FOKā€¦i do mine with precision!!! You know that I see a huuuuuuuuge difference in the usdjpy and chfjpy in the 4 hour chart.

2 Likes

Another all green day for both stocks and Yen pairs, Yen is pushed back to the last spot

4 Likes

Are you using an exponential moving average? It did put chf before usd yesterday. But Dennis uses a simple moving average for his ranking.

2 Likes

Here are my figures and calculations, and an example of where and how I collect the data. People with more ā€œprecisionā€ should post how that works. GBP was the mover for me.

I see Dennis went a bit early, didnā€™t call a new trade?

Distracted by the hurricane I suppose; itā€™s big news down under.

1 Like

About 4:00 pm+ New York time, end of the month has upset the hierarchy, at least for today, see the JPY, and still NFP to look forward to in 16 hours or so, good luck.

1 Like