Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

USD leads Yen pairs lower

3 Likes

Define significantly; please explain with a chart of the DXY or supporting fundamentals, or this,

crystal_ball

1 Like

Stocks are down and all Yen pairs up

3 Likes

I streamlined the data entry by using vertical columns in Excel. The prices are entered in Column marked “A”, calculations are in the Percent column beside it. Each time the Enter key is used, it selects the next box lower rather than having to click and select when using horizontal levels; Excel users will understand. The results are picked up automatically by Column marked “B” and then a simple Sort from largest to smallest is easy.

2023-09-13_9-14-38

2 Likes

A mostly green start to the day, Stocks remain down for the month, and All yen pairs ( except GBP) are up for the month

3 Likes

You may ask how can the dollar be so bad, and so strong , well it is the simple fact that everyone else is just that much worse

3 Likes

Mate, stop deleting your posts, just embarrassing yourself, follow the idea of this thread, claims about a Bullish 1-hour bar on the EURUSD is sign of the mighty US Dollar demise, really? Good Luck

1 Like

Good day for Stocks, Euro and Pound took a hard hit

It has been a long time since we have seen a EURUSD trade, this is at support so a continuation move downward tomorrow good make for an interesting trade

3 Likes

CAD edged out the USD for top spot on my end of the day figures, interesting as usual, I was hoping for the USD to have 25 top spots in a row, but maybe this is the demise called for by TradingMagnate!

2023-09-15_7-35-17

1 Like

Stocks sold off to finish the week, currencies mixed

5 Likes

I have been planning a trip for some time now and I finally have a window of opportunity. I will be gone for the rest of the month, and no internet where I am going.

I will be back October 1st

Happy Trading

8 Likes

Have a great trip, enjoy the break.

Don’t worry, I got this folks, I will post the Price data daily so an easy enter for Dennis to catch up, or anyone doing the number crunching, for that matter.

Compare your numbers with my Friday data taken from Pepperstone on Tradingview.

2023-09-18_8-33-38

1 Like

Thank you for providing the data above. Much appreciated. How do you find the Swap rates with Pepperstone on the CHF & JPY pairs? Have a great week trading FOK.

GBPCAD is your new top trade, if you accept the mission; so much red news this week, take care!

2023-09-19_7-19-04

2 Likes

Charts to support the weak GBP and strong CAD analysis for trend.

2 Likes

So far, so good, tight the stops!

Try again, sorry for no update until now, if it works, you can see why.
2023-09-20_8-47-43
2023-09-20_8-42-11

GBPCAD maintains the status quo, where are the believers? Anyone checking the prices or doing similar calculation, please comment, or do I just keep editing this post ad infinitum?

2023-09-21_7-38-43

WOW, guess no one is following, or can’t be bothered to REPLY, or all went on holidays with Dennis?

Another new top trade, long CADJPY, which seems counter-intuitive on a down day, but think of it as the least dirty shirt. The big new is that USD has gone to the Weak side, commodity currencies now holding the 3 top spots; that’s Risk Off isn’t it? Well, the Dow was down 400 points.
2023-09-22_7-27-13

4 Likes

Thanks FOK, like the format for following when new top trades occur, makes it eayr to track. GBP/CAD a nice winner already, missed it myself unfortunately.

Not sure how you’ve got CAD/JPY as the new top trade though? Seems to me that GBP/CAD is still the top trade with USD, CHF then GBP being WEAK 3, 2, 1?

Cheers

2 Likes

Welcome back, your last post was 3 years ago? Thanks for pointing that out, you are correct, I must have glanced at the wrong table, here is corrected version. So, even if you missed the initial day, the trade is not over by the look of it, this is trend trading so jump aboard.

This is a good format because it shows the history of each currency, and to spot misteaks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update and your hard work doing the charts. FXCM on tradingview tend to have the most accurate prices just out of interest not that it matters overly but I noticed Kei on youtube (ichimoku strategist) uses them as his default and he trades with an account size in the 100s of thousands. As I said your hard work is appreciated FOK. Have a great weekend.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think brokers would have much difference for the daily closing prices but if you find any huge discrepancy let us know.

There is more risk of data entry errors such as I have found here, check the Thursday highlighted price, 149 instead of 146, now corrected. Also, initially this was about finding the top 3 strong and bottom 3 weak for opportunities, and track the recent 25 days, but I have now added the 2 neutral currencies to make the schematic follow all currency movements.
2023-09-23_8-42-53
2023-09-23_9-58-17

2 Likes