Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

How do you make this excel sheet

1 Like

I am going to make 2 assumptions here:

1st, as you recognize Excel, that you know the basics of data entry and calculation ability.

2nd, that you know the data and calculations as specified by Dennis.

Here it is for everyone else.

Okay, to make this sheet, there is a daily process of data gathering and input to Excel which does the calculations, quite easy when you know how, but it is critical to pay attention to ensure accuracy.

1. Select the Instrument
  2. Be on the 4-hour time frame
  3. Read and record the Closing Price
  4. Read and record the 4-hour SMA price at the end of day

Repeat for each pair, I do it in this order; AUDJPY, CADJPY, CHFJPY, EURJPY, GBPJPY, NZDJPY, USDJPY.
2023-12-05_8-58-15

Then I sort the data, and update the main data display which is posted.

2 Likes

Pending interest rate announcement for the AUD, no change expected, but could the statement derail the current top long trades of AUDUSD and NZDUSD? Or is this the usual pump & dump prior to news events? In this case, a dump & pump, let’s see soon.

That’s the end of AUDUSD top trade, and cue TM to come on down with “I told you so”

Just a quick note, I am traveling, I will update when I get a chance, I see Bitcoin is above 40K

Catch you all later

3 Likes

No problem, I have you covered, safe travels.

Here are the figures and S/W table; notable strength for CHF and weakness for AUD, while NZD and USD hold their respective top and bottom positions.

I have a few minutes and a good signal for an update

4 Likes

Slow day

4 Likes

Today, I see GBP is still hinting at being inherently weak, while EURNZD has confirmed the latest signal; I think we can all recognize this famous pattern?

Yes, it’s a Double Top, get short for 700 pips or whatever you see on your chart, good luck.

There goes the base quote currency, that must affect the ratings, right?

2023-12-07_20-20-04

1 Like

Not a good day to be shot Yen, WOW!

4 Likes

Matching S/W order, it was Pearl Harbor Day yesterday, lots of excitement about a possible interest rate of 0.10 while others make actual interest rate moves of 0.25, go figure.

1 Like

Yen takes over number one and US stock indexes post 6th up week in a row, this is not normal but we are clearly getting our Santa rally

5 Likes

Yen pairs are clawing their way back after Thursday’s big selloff, Stocks continue to move higher making it not a good environment for Yen strength

5 Likes

I wonder if the Yen will go from 1st to worst?

1 Like

It will, the question is when?

1 Like

Currency market is all over the place while US stocks march on towards all time highs

Just about every talking head on YouTube is calling this stock rally a fraud. All I know is my retirement account is close to where it was two years ago.

I am riding that bull as long as it will let me

5 Likes

Hi dennis,
how are you? i am vividly reading this thread. i got almost everything figured out on how to use this system.
Just one question, how do you know if the toppair is good for short or long?
thanks and looking forward to following this.
Greetings.

If you do not know if the Top Trade is long or short, sir, you most certainly do NOT “got almost everything figured out on how to use this system”

Hint: it is a trend following system and method is to trade with the trend on daily.

Hope that helps.

I wasn’t speaking to you.

Hope this helps.

1 Like