Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Dovish words coming from the FED had the US dollar up today, Top Trade CADJPY has gone nowhere the last three trading days

1 Like

Patience pays off as Top Trade short CADJPY takes another dive lower, we now have 4 of 7 of our Top Trades has scored over +200 pips, worse trade of the year has been CADCHF and it is sitting at +94 pips, I think that is close enough to declare 7 for 7 so far in 2018

1 Like

Unfortunately I closed off my cad/jpy short. Well i am not complaining +160 pips definitely doesn’t hurt.

1 Like

You’re not alone! Unfortunately I got out too.

2 Likes

EURUSD is looking good right here, we hit a new high just last Friday and pulled back right to the 200 ma on the 4hr chart, if we hold above 1.2250 that would mark a higher low and should lead to a higher high, another entry spot would be price breaking above the 200ma on the 1hr chart , +550 pips so far, I can see this one going above 1500 pips. That is unless we get some central bank action that turns the market upside down. They tend to do that just as we start to have a little fun

nothing wrong with banking some profits, there will be many more trades this year, we are just getting started and what a start it has been

1 Like

I have a buy stop order for eur/usd at 1.2364
I apply a 20/50/200 ema to my charts. But i use them for re entries. Basically i look for a crossover of
the 20 and 50 ema and then a retracement of price back into the moving averages. On my 4 hour the price has just bounced above the 200 ema.

As far as when I see a new strong weak signal. I just go ahead and take the trade. I realize I can wait for a retracement but when prices are moving strongly it may not happen. So i just take the trade and use a decent sized stop loss to take into consideration a possible retracement before a return to the overall trend.

2 Likes

Sorry I’m new to this so forgive me if this question is stupid. I was in the JPYCAD short (in at 84.750) and got out at 84.033. Given that the SW rankings still show a large gap between the two, was this too early to leave the trade? Should I have hung on? If so at what point should one get out?

Given my trading platform and a/c size I can’t get mini lots on this pair so don’t have the luxury of laddered exits etc.

Many thanks for any advice.

Well Dennis can correct me if I am wrong, but how you decide to trade strong/weak is up to you. As Dennis says this isn’t a signal service. Even the entry is up to you. The best thing is to write up a trading plan that works for you and be consistent with it. Maybe you use moving averages…maybe you use stochastics, or maybe price action or candlestick patterns. There is no wrong or right. For example, hanging on would have been good this time, but at other times taking a profit would probably have been better.

3 Likes

Hi all.i saw usd still strong in couple days.the EU could go lower soon !tks

CADJPY was our trade of the week but AUD has nudged its way into the 8th spot, AUDJPY has already had a large move and our Top SW Trades are 7 for 7, can AUDJPY keep the streak alive, we will know a week from now

CAD retakes the 8th spot but no new low for our short CADJPY trade.

1 Like

very interesting type of trading… i use to follow a daily breakout in conjunction with a cross over of 55-110 lwma … i follow the trend
How you will make your analisys ?

US dollar is creeping its way up the rankings, No changes in our Top Trades

Have been surfing the USD since last Monday, but the CADJPY just won’t play ball with the SW strategy… It just cannot get through June 2017 support level…

I just started reading your thread about a day ago and tried implenting your rules. I don’t know if I’m doing it exactly as yours but so far all the trades up an average of 50 pips each totalling to over 200 pips gain on the demo. AJ, CJ, EUJ and NZDJ. This method is really good especially to those who have a day job.

2 Likes

These are the trades that I took based on 26 Feb Strong Weak Rankings. Did I get it at a good entry? Should my stops remain at where they were initially or should I move them as price moves?

Congrats on your trades, as far as stops, that one I leave to each trader, nothing wrong with a breakeven stop. or if trading multiple lots to take profits in half and let the rest run.

Patience pays off as Top Trade CADJPY takes a step lower bring the trades pip total to over +300 and Top Trade from Feb 23rd AUDJPY is now positive up +60 pips

My Strong Weak rankings have given us 8 Top Trades this year so far, that is about normal, you can expect on average 1 trade a week but sometimes they will come in bunches.

Here is a rundown of my Top Trades this year, only 2 have not given us +100 pips but they are still in play

2 Likes