Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

I am in the aud/jpy short and it has so far gone about 100 pips in the black. As i mentioned I already got out of cad/jpy. I was in a eur/usd buy but unfortunately got stopped out.

1 Like

On the day the Pound got pounded ( that one never gets old) but it was the Yen that continues its run and our Top Trade CADJPY hit a new low ( that is more pips for us) per my earlier post

2 Likes

Hi Dennis, did you try the excercise also with 100 ma ?

And sorry , I dont want to bother you, but is interesting for me … did you try also to make the analisys : trend weekly , analisys on Daily and entry on 4h time frame?

Hi, I am following your post from last two days and I am very much interested in learning this method As I am new to this could you please explain how it works. Thanks

The yen is just unstoppable, I normally consider any spread of 2% or more a good SW trade, Yen has that against the whole market. Top Trade CADJPY took another step lower as we close in on the 400 pip mark

1 Like

As far as the SW rankings it is based on the 4hr chart and 200ma, I have down it with the 1hr chart and 200ma, which is 8 days of data vs 34 days with the 4hr chart. You will get more signals and quicker moves on the 1hr chart but you will also get whipsaw out of trades. It is all up to you and how volatile you want your trading to be, I also study daily and weekly charts looking for long-term trade setups.

Hope this helps

1 Like

With NFP tomorrow I closed out all trades. Anybody still in the SW pairs? If so, which and what are the targets?

Hi fxsupra
welcome to my thread, My Strong Weak rankings is a relative strength indicator that I have developed where I compare the major currencies against the Yen, the Yen serves as a common denominator and will always be 0.00% on my rankings. rankings are based on price and 200 ma of the 4hr chart, this is meant to be a medium-term swing trade indicator, taking advantage of currencies nature tendency to remain strong or weak for several weeks leading to some nice medium term trades. I track the #1 and #8 as my Top Trade currently that is short CADJPY. How you trade this is up to you, some have day traded the top trade while others hold on for a set number of pips before taking profits. I would advise you follow along for a few months and demo trade before committing real money,

Good Trading

2 Likes

Im still in the aud/jpy short. I took off half with my first profit target and set the other tranche at breakeven stop loss. I don’t have a set target for my second tranche.

1 Like

Speaking of AUDJPYshort, 163 pips down from its entry point on Feb 23rd, are we ever going to have a losing trade, I mean all we do here is win, it just is not fair to the 90% of traders that always lose,

sarcasm :wink:

3 Likes

Life isn’t fair at all.
This system is simple: Identify a strong trend (4hr + 200ma), and “ride it like a rodeo”. No need for tons of indicators that people add onto their charts to find/force a reason to place stupid trades just to get their gambler’s high.

The trend is your friend. Embrace it.

1 Like

Hi Jay,

You are a week too early for NFP there buddy

many thanks Dennis for explanation

Haha Dennis, hilarious!

Thank you very much. Yes I will watch and demo trade before I put real money.

Total miss on my part, Good catch

Denis any concern that the BOJ would get wind of your SW analysis, and will intervene any time soon?

[quote=“IVx, post:1150, topic:77959, full:true”]
Denis any concern that the BOJ would get wind of your SW analysis, and will intervene any time soon

I am sure the BOJ does not need my help in knowing how strong the Yen has been, A strong Yen is bad for Japan exports and for that reason the BOJ at some point will try to force the Yen lower

1 Like

Weekend review, Lots to cover here so let’s get into it, be sure to scroll all the way down to not miss anything

First looking at my SW rankings shows Yen gaining strength throughout the week

Top SW Trades short CADJPY and AUDJPY where down every day of the week giving us huge gains

The only Top SW Trade to not give us +100 pips was short CADCHF, that is no longer the case as CADCHF took a dive lower on Friday

Sorry about all these winning trades, but this is what happens when you have a system build on a strong foundation,

7 Likes