Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Here is a list of the 8 Top SW Trades my Strong Weak rankings have identified so far this year, 8 trades, 8 winners and many are still in play so the gains may not be over. Looking back we have not had a losing trade since November.

3 Likes

Simply Incredible. Jan & Feb my first consecutive mega-profitable months! Over the years I’ve tried every indicator imaginable and they’ve all come short. This system is purely second to none. #forevergrateful Thanks Dennis

4 Likes

Thanks Dennis for your invaluable contributions.

I don’t know about everyone else here, but I have tried all sorts of methods and systems. I have checked out every indicator imagineable, and spent time on naked, price action related methods. In order for a method to work it has to have these attributes:

1. It has enough trades. If a method is right 85% of the time but only produces 10 trades a year. That is not enough, unless you are holding trades for months at a time. Although it is true you don’t need to be constantly trading, you do need enough trades for your account to grow. Here we get a trade a week, or maybe even more.

2. It is simple. Any method that involves 3 or more indicators, I usually do not continue to read further. All of these indicators just confirm is that price is going up or down. They are usually some permutation of a moving average, nothing more. Nothing complicated about our method.

3. You have an edge that is easily explainable. If you cannot explain your edge, you probably don’t have one! The strong weak method has a logic that anyone can explain in simple terms. Your money management and psychology is irrelevant if the method does not have a positive expectancy.

4. The timeframe works with your schedule. We are not trading minute by minute, its more of something you check at a daily basis, so this would not be an issue for anyone.

6 Likes

Top Trade CADJPY inched lower, just missing the +500 pip mark, watch the European currencies, they all had a very strong day, if we get continuation tomorrow that could signal the return of Euro strength

Bonus Trade EURNZD

I talked about this one back in January, EURNZD was one of our best trades of 2017 and after a near 1000 pip pullback and consolidation this looks ready to break out higher, I am looking for a challenge of the old high near 1.7500,

Note; that pullback looks simulate to the pullback in Bitcoin, it even has an inverse Head and Shoulder, could there be a correlation between Bitcoin and EURNZD. I will be watching

Hi Dennis,

The EUR/NZD pair does look promising to go into EUR’s favor… I’m waiting for the second confirmation to enter it.
I think it’ll be either the next week or mid March that we’ll see a true confirmation to enter long on that pair. I’ll also be watching this pair.

• Dan
2 Likes

Read this entire thread from apr 2016. I swear nothing made me read so much.
This concept has cleared a lot of fuss in my brain. Now i see the market differently. i will stay and try to incorporate this to my trades

Weak day for the Yen but the Yen has recovered much of its losses in early Wednesday trading, Here comes the Euro

1 Like

Hi anjanfx, welcome to the thread

5 Likes

Bonus Trade update

If the Euro rallies here, look for new highs in EURUSD, I have a 1.3500 price target on this one, that is +1000 pips from here

1 Like

hey dennis. I am very bad at excel. I tried to do some tweaks to automate the data but i am not comfortable with it. Do you mind sharing your excel with formulas. I also referred your youtube can you make a video on it otherwise.

2 Likes

Very little change today, Top Trade CADJPY looks like it is trying to form a bottom, this pair has had a long run and it may need to pull back and consolidate before moving lower. If it moves lower, Remember the Yen likes to make several trips each year from #1 to #8 and back to #1

2 Likes

That sounds as though it could be tradeable :sunglasses:

thanks got it.

1 Like

Weakness in the European block

1 Like

What do u guys think of cad/chf?
Is it gonna reverse into an up trend?

CAD has spent a long time at the bottom, and I did note a couple days ago that our CADJPY was trying to make a bottom and with price now above the 200ma on the 1hr chart for the first time since early February we could see a swing higher for CAD, and we are swing traders here so a swing higher is to be expected at some point, now will this turn in to a longer-term tradable trend is anyone’s guess.

looking at long-term chart of CADCHF shows that since the Nov 2014 repricing of the CHF, price on this pair has been moving sideways in a big trading range between 0.8000 and 0.7000, if this pattern continues then a move up would seem to be in order, If you do take this trade remember this is no different than watching a roulette wheel give you a long chain of Red, Black, Red, Black and the gambler’s fallacy is to think that after a black a red number must be next. As a gamble, it may be worth a shot but just remember this is a gamble and have your risk and exit strategy well defined before jumping in

4 Likes

To an extent it is - Denis mentioned this over a year ago and I started looking at it. It is tradable, but one will need the patience of a deceased saint. And last year it was very US stocks related.

I have a busy day so I wanted to get this out in case I don’t have time later, as you can see we are seeing a big shift in the market, a numbers have tightened and the COMDOLLS have reversed course. Could CAD be setting up for a trip from #8 to #1, Do we want to get long CAD early as with the CADCHF trade suggested by Francis195. Be thinking about these things, I will be back later with more

1 Like