Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hi Dennis,

CADCHF looks very promising as the weekly is showing a reversal. The daily and lower time frames line up with it and is about to break the SMA 200 in the four hour chart.

Unfortunately, I have to stay out as my primary pairs is telling me JPY is showing weakness against commodity currencies. I cannot allow too many open trades!

Good luck!

Dan

Just for fun, I took a small position in CADCHF, here is my technical analysis of this pair. Weekly chart ( not shown) gave us a bullish engulfing candle over the previous week, looking at the daily ( bottom left) we see this was a Top SW Trade first entered back on Feb 5th, it then took a full month to top out at 205 pips, it then reversed that entire move in just 4 days, that is bullish. Now we are coming up to the 200 ma on the 4hr chart ( top right chart) I would expect a pullback at its first attempt to cross this ma, as long as price stays above the 200 ma on the 1hr chart ( lower right chart) I will ride out any pullback, the second attempt at the 4hr 200 ma will be important, fail twice could be trouble for this trade, When price gets above the 4hr 200ma then that ma should give us support, another important technical indicator if price continues to move up will be the crossover of the 1hr 200 ma over the 4hr 200ma. This will be a fun experiment as we wait for a new SW trade

2 Likes

Tight action today, the market continues to consolidate. CADCHF is doing what I expected, pulling back from the 200ma on the 4hr chart, you have to know when to hold and know when to fold them, and I am holding for now

1 Like

Haha I wasnā€™t ready to take that gamble on Monday so I waited and just entered long into cad/chf today after confirming with Dennisā€™s analysis.

More consolidation, but the CAD keeps heading lower making our just for fun CADCHF trade a total bust

Is this CADCHF trade a classic case of emotion getting in the way?
At no time was Cad stronger than Chf.

Valid expectation IMHO - Have you seen the amount f pips this lad makes in a month ?
Heā€™s allowed a ā€œFun Tradeā€ once in a while !

"All work and no play - makes Jack a dull boy ! "

1 Like

This market has gone to sleep on us

1 Like

There is just no love for the CAD, If you are still playing our Top SW Trade CADJPY , that pair hit a new low today giving us +500 pips on the trade

1 Like

Friday to Friday of Strong Weak data shows growing weakness in the commodity currencies, and Yen continues to rule

Our Top SW Trade CADJPY in its 5th week has again hit new lows, bringing pip total to +569

1 Like

European sector rallied today, lead by the Pound, and Top Trade CADJPY hit yet another new low before pulling back, I donā€™t know about everyone else but I would like to see a new trade

2 Likes

Could this be the last day for the #1 Yen to hold that spot

1 Like

This is where trading requires patience. Its tempting to start looking for tradesā€¦but thats when you lose money.

1 Like

looking for GBP to take over the prime spot. JPY ruling for quite a while.

1 Like

We have a new leader, and new Top SW Trade GBPCAD, We even have a little two-day pullback in this pair. As always Trade at your own risk and have a plan, Our previous 8 trades have made a combined +2200 pips, Will GBPCAD add to that total, time will tell

2 Likes

Bonus Trade Update

EURUSD has been in a 5 week sideways consolidation, but today we saw a ā€œRailroad Trackā€ bullish reversal if we can get some continuation maybe we can break out of this consolidation

My target for this trade is 1.3500

Ok Dennis,

Iā€™m long at 1.8246 (Demo A/c though) :hushed:

Letā€™s sit with you through one ! :sunglasses:

[Edit GBP CAD - just for clarity :slight_smile:]

1 Like

Was expecting this. Will it be weakening further.

Hi Dennisā€¦ I love what your doing, I been trading for Years and doing really crap, lately been trading the EUR/USD daytrading and studying the dom tape reading(range explains my poor performance and struggle lately), at the moment Iā€™m beaten up !!! approaching from strongest weakest pairs makes so much sense I was aware of this concept yrs ago but you have re- ignited my interest respect to you.

How do I get more details about your methodology and style, appreciate any help.
cheers the beaten up trader ;-(

Well, that was short-lived as the Yen is back on top, AUDJPY is not a new trade as this one was triggered back on Feb 23rd. as you can see in a chart below it started out good giving us +200 pips then retraced the whole move and is now up over +300 pips, It would have been tough to hold through that pull back but if you did you were well rewarded

Yesterdays Top Strong Weak Trade GBPCAD is sitting near its entry point