Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Hey S, because like all great Psychopaths I have Mad Ninja People skills. What outrageous post?

The Ever Manipulating People For My Own Benefit VIPER

1 Like

Go stand out in the Sun!

Anyway, I am selling AUDCHF , albeit ~150 pips down. Maybe too early to sell?

Everything up today against the Yen so not much change in our top trades

Lots of posts today, I will try to answer those that need answering later tonight

2 Likes

Anyone being hit by Hurricane Florence, lets up know how you are holding up

1 Like

I am doing good, are you staying out of the way of that Hurricane, If I ever start booking 25% every month, I will be too busy trading and taking care of my private Island to run this thread, more realistic target is 25% a year, I can retire on that

3 Likes

Hey D, we are and should be ok, we just got a tropical storm warning for our county, but we are fairly far up north, so it definitely won’t be Andrew that’s for sure. Just sittin here playing Louie Louie on my new VB 3 II, it’s fun, until we lose power. The bands are starting to move through, but we are cool. Thanks for asking.

The Ever Musical VIPER

2 Likes

Hey Dennis,

I was going through the thread and noticed that during July till mid August that this SW analysis got a little choppy. Which makes sense due to being the summer vacation months. Is that something you have noticed with this to possibly not trade this analysis during that time period and have another strategy possibly a range bound type for that time period? I also noticed that is where a lot of criticism came in the thread but the possible reason being low volatility. Is that something you have seen throughout the years during that time period?

As always, thanks for your insight.

Hi Dennis,

This might be a little off the topic question. I have never traded anything other than Spot Forex and always have been a longer term trader (Daily and Weekly Charts are my favorites ). Have you (Or anyone reading this) ever traded Forex Options with SW ranking?

Guessing the direction of the market is very easy with SW ranking, and there are enough deep retracements lasting over weeks before market head in the intended direction and only problem is managing the deep stop losses. Wouldn’t trading with SW will be more suitable for Forex Options than Spot ?

P.S. - After reading online, I have a brief idea what an option is and I am fascinated about the fact that there is no stop loss but yet you know the maximum exposure and you can cash in before the expiry date if the market goes in your favor.

Thanks

The market for the week was stuck in Groundhog Day, Everything gained against the Yen but most non-Yen trades moved sideways, All we can do is wait for the next SW signal

Hi Rob,

SW is a Trend strategy and if the market is not trending then the trades are not going to work, “Sell in May and Go Away” has been a saying among stock traders for years, and that can cross over to FOREX. If you must trade then having a range bound backup strategy is fine, myself I will just sit on the sidelines as I have never found a range bound strategy that gives me the same edge as SW

Hope this helps

Hi Sbrandi

I use to trade stock options years ago, never used them for FOREX. The idea of options is leverage and you are ready heavily leverage in FOREX, When the pros trade options they are mostly trading volatility and look to make their money on time decay, they love sideways markets, It is a very different type of trading.

Yen continues to drift lower, Top trade AUDCHF* has been down three days in a row but no new low yet, we might still get another push lower, AUDCHF* has been the top trade for 16 days now but only given up 271 pips, that shows you how slow this market is. we need another Brexit to shake the EU up a bit

1 Like

What Caused the sharp Up move on the AUDCHF, EURJPY? From last night (GMT +2) I need to know in case of next time. And is this a good time to short AUDCHF again? based on the SW Ranking #Noobie

Edit: I’m looking at the 1hr chart

you MUST have a trading plan! This is a classic a-b-c continuation on the hourly but is a counter-trend move on the longer time frames. Read Clints post about what should be in your plan. Jump in and out and you will get burnt

11_LI

3 Likes

the same thing happened with GJ earlier as well, I got out right away lol

judging by your longevity i’d lay a decent bet yours hasn’t changed much since the good ole days of c2007-10 :slight_smile:

& you’re undoubtedly (still) having a whale of a time adopting the principles here alongside your structural foundations.

i’m sure i’m not the only one pleased to see you’re still around & kicking!

I pulled these numbers about 20 min before the daily close, Pound looks to be our new #1 and GBPJPY is our new Top SW Trade, GBPJPY can be a wild one, 200 pip moves in a day are common. In the short term commodity currencies are on the rise lead by CAD, Not a recommendation but CADJPY might be worth a look

2 Likes

I forgot to mention, we do not have a good record with our Yen trades this year, so consider that before jumping in

CADJPY sitting at resistance after an engulfing day candle. Would need a pullback to find a good entry. GBPJPY sitting just under the 200 SMA which equates with the head of the last head and shoulders pattern on the day charts. Would be looking to break that 200 sma and retest. Thanks for your efforts Dennis. Highly educational

1 Like