Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

With the USDJPY predicted to complete a gartley pattern on the day charts at the .786 fib 112.448. Just sitting a few pips off that at the moment . Is the yen about to come roaring back to life?

That is why yen trades are so hard, Yen does not stay weak or strong very long

1 Like

Thanks! From the way you write I am pretty sure I know you! I cant remember who produced the opus ‘The Keys to Success in Forex: A personal and in depth conversation with Tess, Jocelyn & Jimmy Mac’ but I printed it out at the time and have kept it with me ever since. I would summarise it as work out your way of viewing the market, wrap a few well tried strats around that, and keep your head.

Sounds like an interesting read tony. I’ll try to google it

This is AUDCHF currently. Always let the market show its hand. So ask yourself what will it take to convince you this daily level will be rejected and the downtrend continue. Alternatively if this counter-trend move continues what pattern will tell you this resistance has become a reasonable support. After that what entry/exit strat do you have that will give you a positive expectancy in your trade. Then manage your trade size and most importantly your psychology. After that repeat, repeat, repeat until you can do it in your sleep31

3 Likes

I think it may have been an attachment in one of the alternative technical templates threads but cant be sure. It is a summary of the insights written by Tess and Co over the years they taught us to trade so if you cant find it the threads are still on bpips. The way Dennis views the market sits nicely with many of the things that were discussed over the years. As has been said by others this thread, and the ATT threads are not trading strats. They give you a foundation for viewing the market and building some well tried strats.

5 Likes

It was a nice day trade up to that 200SMA but it may well stall here as it has done before - at least for a while?

1 Like

More good action in the commodity currencies, alternitive trade CADJPY was up a little, Top Trade GBPJPY as Manxx chart shows made it just above the 200 ma then retreated and finished down on the day. Very common to see price fail on first attempt to clear 200 ma. if we make another run at it this week and hold, that would be a powerful signal

1 Like

The way the new zealand dollar was firing up yesterday I thought it might have made it to number one

This level right now is a big level, 6 times support or resistance since 2016 October, not just the 200 MA. If it does break, it could do so with venom. Expect it will be a bit of a battle though …

1 Like

I’ve just spent the last 3 hours combing through this thread and I’ve only just covered the initial few posts and the last couple months.

Dennis, what you’ve done here is awesome! Thank you thank you

Can’t wait to clear my schedule this weekend (as has been suggested a few times on this thread) and dissect the full story!

4 Likes

You and others might find this useful. It is my personal pick of the most important posts in the thread

Strong-Weak Analysis.pdf (2.5 MB)

14 Likes

great effort @tonymand! :slight_smile:

I am sure this will be a great help to many people. It is worth making a note of the post number so that others newcomers can be referred to it in the future. (although no doubt you might be continuing to update it from time to time, in which case maybe some kind of issue numbering might also be useful since one can no longer edit/update posts after a certain cut-off period? )

Thanks for that tony. Most appreciated

Here is the document you referred to –

Alternative Technical Templates.PDF (2.0 MB)

7 Likes

I love that you posted this, because I notice that in damn near every pair. After it breaks through a certain level of support or resistance, it mostly always pulls back

1 Like

As it is doing! Do you see that you could build a strategy around that sort of pattern

AUDCHF

1 Like

It’s funny because out of all of the trading videos I’ve watched, that seems to be one of the most commonly used strategies. I stated earlier in another post that I keep getting a bunch of light bulb moments, and that was definitely one of them lol

Great conversation guys, and where are the Trolls when our SW rankings nail a move like today in GBPJPY

now we need a test and hold above the 200 dma and we are off to the races. we just might be looking at some Yen weakness that may stick around for longer than normal

1 Like

I am only posting this for this very reason. There has been some accusations recently that people come and go here and no one actually trades or makes money here. Well yesterday was the first 46 pips testing that Daily 200SMA…

…and here is today’s 54 pips after breaking the level to make the first 100 pips off this move.The rest of the position can now sit with it.

Don’t worry guys, I won’t make a habit of this, I just wanted to post some concrete evidence (albeit not comprehensive proof!) that this approach can/does make you money! :smiley:

6 Likes