Trading the Trend with Strong Weak Analysis

Here’s another way to trade. The same way we have muscle memory, the markets have memory. In the direction of Strong vs Weak…Using GBPJPY as we took out the Bull Fractals, the market came back to test the fractal zone and took off.

I had some concern over the potential double top and took profit with 225 pips. + I’ve been burned with JPY pairs this year so I played this one a bit more cautious and may have left some coins on the table.

4 Likes

Big day for the Euro zone and NZD, Top Strong Weak trade GBPJPY is up +156 pips and climbing as I post this

2 Likes

Thank you Manxx and Jay for posting this trade. Having an example trade is super helpful as I’m getting a feel for this system!

2 Likes

Is there a good way to trade S/W analysis with harmonic patterns and double tops etc?

Yes, I know I said I wouldn’t, but when I woke up?..well, sometimes if things seem too good to be true, take the money and run!!! Three strikes in a row :smiley:

Now looking a for a place to get back in - retest of the 200SMA? yes, if that daily pivot doesn’t hold…

And that completes my testimony for this approach! :slight_smile:

I took profit at the beginning of the bear candle, also looking to get back in. And I must say I made about 120+ pips on that trade :smirk: (for those looking for proof)

3 Likes

This is how the Yen rolls, GBPJPY at risk of giving it all back, congrats to all those with sound trading plans that allowed you to lock in profits.

1a

1 Like

Hello, thank you for a nice thread, I enjoy reading this! Can someone describe how to place a reliable daily pivot I have seen you guys using! Or maybe post a link?

Tia

great thread. how can i obtain the currency s/w you show in the graphic. thanks, eric

JPY - Master in the art of instability.

I don’t think you can blame the JPY this time. This is a GBP move - compare the GBPJPY and EURJPY…and also take a look at the EURGBP!

Think I’ll skip re-entering this one, I just can’t trust GBP while these Brexit negotiations are at such a critical stage - and subject to big swings whenever anyone says anything!

1 Like

I caught like over 100 pips on GJ (demo) earlier because of that :joy: But, you’re right though. You have to be careful still with this Brexit news going on

2 Likes

True - I got a notification from Bloomberg saying “Pound drops immensely because of Theresa May and some Brexit stuff”. So it’s likely not YPY’s fault. Also not re-entering

1 Like

How do you calculate your strong weak ranking?

I also use strong weak index. But I don’t do the calculation by myself.

I use the StrongWeak application of FXCM.

It gives me the total pips movements for the last 15M, 1H, 4H, and 1D of every mayor currency.

Of course, it has a slight drawback: it doesn’t factor in the average daily range of each currency pair.

So, if GBP and CHF have the same positive pips movements, I must know CHF is stronger than GBP, since CHF has smaller average daily range.

I am fan of strong weak indicators.

And I would like to know how you calculate your ranking. Maybe it could be useful to me.

Thanks!

1 Like

The answer to your question has been posted a number of times, if you could read through from post 1 to 1895 you’ll feel as if you have been here since day 1. Unless Dennis is willing to explain AGAIN of course

2 Likes

My advice to all those that trade JPY pairs…Take what the market gives you and secure profits as quick as possible. Yen has been whipsawing on us this year and is too volatile to set & forget.

Beijin,

• Instead of reading almost 1,900 posts from the beginning, you can scroll back to POST #1182
for a short video on Dennis’ calculations.

• Or you can see essentially the same video HERE on Youtube

• If you want to do your own calculations, using Dennis’ methodology, HERE is how I do it.

5 Likes

FIN_VIZ

If you’re a fan of strong weak, there are many professional coded, real time indicators much more dependable than END OF DAY manual calculations that are so far behind even a MA crossover will be better trading

really, trading END OF DAY in this environment is absolute madness

The SNOWMAN TROLL is back.

4 Likes

Speaking of end of day, the yen is throwing out so many shooting stars its like sitting around a camp fire

1 Like