Trading with 50:1

If I were you, I would never use that high leverage. I won’t advise you to use more than 30:1.

For me actually the location of the broker is not one of the factors which makes them trustworthy for me, it’s the trading conditions.

I echo the thoughts here, be careful with leverage. Although I’m not completely against the use of leverage, but I’m also not totally in its favour. I always maintain the reward to risk ratio of 5:1. And very rarely use leverage more than 30x. Even if my brokers ig, xm, fxview are offering way more.

No 5%ers fund traders, I was with them for a couple of years and there job is to manage risk and they dont allow more than 30:1 leverage. I now trade for myself in the UK because we get tax free on forex accounts (spreadbetting). I trade similar leverage.

I agree with you on the risk reward ratio and 5:1 seems just fine. Should be careful with the leverage though.

Ok so they manage funds for you, like PAMM accounts?

Must go offshore!

I second that. Using a very high leverage is the kind of risk I’m not prepared to take for my trades. I generally keep it as low as 1:20 and it actually works fine for me.

It is completely okay to go high with the leverage if you’re an expert trader and you know the risk involved with it. For brokers, try to look for low commissions and tighter spreads. Fast withdrawals are a thing too. Quite important in a broker.

No, they have money, they fund successful traders but what I am saying is is that they give risk parameters for all traders and we are required 30:1 leverage maximum. There job is not to trade, there job is to manage risk.

That’s right. There is no harm using an offshore broker if your trading needs and requirements are met. Like I’ve been using some offshore accounts with Eaglefx and Fxview. The spreads and commissions are competitive and I’m used to the trading environment of these.

I’m quite particular when it comes to taking risks. I just simply trade my way through it without bothering about using a high leverage.

Location is not a big deal, but when it comes to licenses and regulation, that is another story, don’t you think?

If you aren’t a professional trader don’t go for 50x leverage, stick to a maximum of 30x otherwise you may end up making huge losses.

I suggest trading with 500:1 leverage rather than 50:1 because it’s basically suicide and the risk involved is higher, and one loss may blow up your account.

I have never used leverage more than 1:10 and I am happy as long as I don’t have to end up paying my broker for losses. Though it depends on your risk appetite, you have to make your decisions wisely.

Using leverage is your personal decision. You don’t have to use it just because everyone else is using it. Use leverage only when you think that you are ready to use it.

Regulations are important - like of the big boys like FCA, CYSEC, ASIC etc.

Trading with 500 is suicide or 50 :slight_smile:

That is what I am saying, glad we agreed on that