Trading with 50:1

Yes, I agree. As a beginner, I was too excited to use leverage but only to lose money. It took me another six months to convince myself that forex trading is profitable if I do it rightly. Though my brokers (fxview and XM) offer a high leverage option, I never use more than 1:10. I know that I will be able to use more leverage whenever the need be. But for the time being, I have decided to focus on making profits as per my understanding.

Yes, that is the one of the reason to trade with offshore brokers. But I think 1:50 is way too low for me. Even if you are a beginner, 1:100 is no harm.

Cheers to that!

Is it? I have many traders telling me itā€™s quite how? So itā€™s all very subjective eh?!

1 Like

But donā€™t you think that you are missing huge profits by not taking advantage of high leverage?

@Glennmaxi Frankly, I donā€™t because at least, I am not making losses like most traders, who use leverage thinking they will only make profits.

In my personal experience of trading, I donā€™t risk more than whatā€™s required and keeping the leverage low is how I go. Am I doing something wrong here?

I donā€™t think there is something right or wrong with using a low leverage. I mean it is all a matter of preference and trading style. Some traders go very high and others like to trade safely.

I would vote for Tickmill or Hotforex. Both offer excellent services, flexible account types, solid ECN liquidity network. Execution is great when you use carefully chosen VPS :wink:

No, thatā€™s completely your choice

Trading tax free sounds fun!

The broker youā€™re using also has a lot to do with leverage. I donā€™t use a high one with my brokers IG and Fxview but they seem to be okay with it. Traders should clarify that beforehand. Like the leverage is not equal across all securities. More leverage is for major currencies.

Is there an option with VPS? Wanna know moreā€¦.

I suppose thatā€™s more or less true across all the brokers. Thereā€™s always higher leverage offered for more traded securities, for the very obvious reasons.

Thatā€™s a very safe leverage option you have decided on. You will find a lot of brokers for that.

Thatā€™s right, some on the top of my list are Pepperstone, fxview, oanda.

Hey! Howā€™s pepperstone?

Quite alright if I am to say. I have been using pepperstone for trading besides fxview for day trading currencies against USD and GBP. Leverage is good, I like to risk big, with a risk tolerance of 3%.

Yes, 1:100 leverage is very high for so may traders. And it can be a good idea when you have enough money in your hands. However, I have seen many traders holding on to $50 initial deposit and talking to choose 1:20 leverage. This is a joke!

I guess itā€™s important that the trader himself should understand to go for leverage heā€™s comfortable with. Take beginners for instance who are still learning to trade currencies, a low leverage like 10:1 or even 5:1 is appropriate