Trading without any Analysis

Have you ever experimented with trading without any analysis and, if so, what were the results? How did it differ from your usual approach?

I experimented it several times and I won’t say that I failed every time but majority of the time I failed though.

1 Like

Yep, sometimes it worked and sometimes it did not. Basically the rule of a random walk applied and I ended up back where I started financially.

1 Like

Yes. When I used to trade for fun lol. They went horribly of course. I was treating it like a slot machine or like a roulette table: red or black?? :joy:

2 Likes

To be realistic, trading blindly is the fast track to blowing the account. Never recommended.

2 Likes

I tried this out in the past when I completely relied on trading signals I found on Telegram. :sweat_smile: I didn’t do any analyzing whatsoever, but I also didn’t win any trade. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Trading for fun made me realize I have a talent for making money disappear in the blink of an eye. :joy:

2 Likes

I traded without analyzing, thinking I had discovered the secret to 'random luck trading.

There is a form of analysis-free trading which can be successful. Its the London opening range break-out strategy. A common form involves marking the Asian overnight session and setting a buy at the high and a sell at the low. The idea relies on the massive increase in volatility which occurs at the London open on GBP/USD. In real-time, no analysis will help you decide pre-open which way price will go, so you have to set bracket trades.

Its not easy.

2 Likes

i haven’t, but in general it depends what you mean by “analysis,” i suppose …

there are certainly some (i think probably not huge numbers) of people making their full-time livings by trading without charts - i’m thinking of the futures traders who are entering positions solely on the basis of the depth-of-market/order-flow: that can certainly be done profitably by those with the skill-set for it (not for spot forex, obviously), but equally i suppose you could call even that “analysis”?

1 Like

How can you trade without analysis. Surely you look at a chart and pick a direction, even if there’s no indicators.

Unless you’re flipping a coin for buy or sell and using some other arbitrary means to decide whether to close or keep going, then there’s still some analysis even if it’s minimal

Yes, quite a few times. This is what the capability of a demo account is all about. You can just do the random walk, or “whatever your gut tells you” and you can do literally tens or hundreds of trades per day. The post-trade analysis is invaluable.

2 Likes

I experimented it several times but it doesn’t become fruitful all the time. So, we should rely on analysis before market analysis, otherwise carrying average profit will be difficult for traders.

1 Like

I tried it and became successful sometimes. But I never recommend traders to do this because it is fruitless majority of the time.

1 Like

Right. One of my goals in using demo. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I used to trade the London Breakout a couple of years ago and Tommor is correct. It’s a coin flip ripe for fakeouts prior to the real move.

1 Like

Trades for short time are mostly opened without market analysis but it is risky for traders. I think traders should analyze the market properly before opening trades.

1 Like

this is good , by and large beginners dont believe the importance of demo at all.

1 Like

Executing a trade just by taking a glance at the chart. But isn’t it a type of analysis?

1 Like

Trading without market analysis can be like navigating blindly, increasing the chances of losses. But you can win too.