1. Tell us little bit about yourself. Where are you from? What are your hobbies?
I am from Italy and I live in Milan. My hobbies?! Do I have time for it?! Well I love MMA. Tomorrow I am going to get up at 4am to see UFC 165! I also use to train 3-4 times per week but honestly last 6 months I have been totally dedicated to Forex! No time for anything else!
2. When/why did you start trading forex? What resources did you use to learn how to trade (websites, books, apps, mentors, etc.)?
After Nick Diaz lost vs George St. Pierre. In the post-fight interview Diaz said he was going to quit fighting. It was time to settle down and start investing his money. Something clicked! Something flashed in my mind.
I went right away to google trading and found Forex. Well luckily I found right off the bat Babypips school and Babypips forum. I quitted playing poker right away to dedicate all myself to Forex. It has been 6 months I have been studying no stop. That is my path. There is no way back.
3. What do your friends and family think about you trading currencies?
Only my girlfriend knows about it. She is very supportive even if I didn't get very good results so far mainly because of psychological issues.
4. What were your first strategies in forex trading? How are they different from your strategies today?
I started with news and fundamentals. I tried some naked price action, order flow, scalping. Well I still try to use everything within my strategy. And with the time and experience I am definitely getting better.
5. Describe your current daily or weekly trading routine. What do you do before you trade?
I wake up and check what the main currencies have been doing. Then I ready ForexLive wrap up, the daily forex fundamentals and all other blogs updates, orders and options news, Forex Factory calendar and then I wait for the right setup (or at least I should! I have the bad habit to rush into trades but I am improving on that!).
6. What are some of your most unforgettable trades and trading moments?
I just started trading with a demo account. I was following the news when BOJ announced that was going to double up their bonds purchase. Well I went all in on USD/JPY and make a 400% in few days. I told myself: "How easy is making money! Just wait the right opportunity and get rich. I need to open a live account as soon as possible!"
Yes sure, you idiot!
7. If you were to give a ribbon to the major central bank that’s winning the “currency war” or the “race to debase,” which central bank would you give it to?
Ben Bernake! No contest!
8. Do you believe that a trader needs at least 10,000 hours of trading-related activities in order to be consistently profitable?
Yes, I guess so. Maybe even more. It takes time because you need lots of experience to succeed among other things.
I see it as a never ending learning process. Thank God I am enjoying it!
9. Forex trading is not an easy business. What motivates you to continue trading when in a trading slump?
Giving up is not an option.
10. What do you think is the biggest mistake that newbies out there are currently making? Do you have any advice for them?
Advise?! A blind that guides other blinds! No thanks! I am still a newbie I guess. And anyway newbies don't listen to advise most of the time! But well, start small please. Try with a 50$ account. And risk just 1%.
There are not easy money out there. You are the easy money!
BONUS: If you were sent to a small island for three months and you can only pick one person (fictional or non-fictional) to go with you, who would you pick?
Is there an internet connection?!? If not I am not going anywhere!