Trade Update (1AMPST Candle)

Short AUD/USD @1.01881 Current Stop 0.98551. +333.0 Secured

EUR/JPY - NOTHING

Short EUR/USD @ 1.29990. Current Stop @ 1.28922 +106.8 Secured

Long GBP/JPY @ 155.851. Current Stop @ 155.321

Short GBP/USD @ 1.52022. Current Stop @ 1.52502

Long USD/CAD @1.01803. Current Stop @ 1.01481

Long USD/CHF @ 0.96608. Current Stop @ 0.96648. + 4 Secured

Long @ USD/JPY @ 102.444. Current Stop @ 101.934.

Gold - NOTHING - But Should have. Just not enough margin.

-ILZ

Hi Ilz,

I strongly agree with you so just feel free not to answer any question which you donā€™t feel like answering.
Happy trading! :slight_smile:

Ok you EA Heads

Here you go:

Trend Runner Expert Adviser Development

-ILZ

Hi all,
today Iā€™d like to discuss about this system. :slight_smile: First of all I attach an image to support it.

Letā€™s look at this scenario. The redline @0.98221 is 30 pips from support (green line). So, in this case, according to the rules we can open a sell trade. But, to experiment an improvement Iā€™ve added the Fibonacci retracement (yellow lines). As you well know Fibo retracements often represent a resistance point, so, Iā€™m experimenting to wait also the Fibo retracement (10 pips more or less) before open the trade.

What do you think about? The idea come from some visual backtest where Iā€™ve seen that often the price bouce off the Fibo even if I had broker S/R line.

Bye

Well, you got the entry rules wrong.
When the price breaks a level, it can break it by only, letā€™s say 10 pips and you could enter. If you have a level AHEAD of your price, thatā€™s less then 30 pips from entry price, then you should not enter.

I love my broker. Im not changing. Besides, I could have taken it, but I did not want to use my margin. Although that trade is now worth around 4000 pips ( $40 USD)

-ILZ

I have been in that trade for 30 Candles. 120 trading hours!!!

-ILZ

hey esteban,

I will be adding pairs as my equity grows and I have done a lot of analysis on them.

3-4% per trade is way to high. Even 2% is high but I am willing to take that risk.

Picture this. You trade 10 pairs @ 4%.

if you open all 10 , which can happen, and risk 4% each, you are risking 40%.

if you can sleep at night doing thatā€¦ well you got some serious brass ones!

-ILZ

Now I got the point!!! Thanks :wink:

Hey yfour,

Good luck. be sure to read the thread and if you have questions, there are some people here who are catching on.

Including me! :wink:

-ILZ

Well check you outā€¦ Some one is getting the hang of itā€¦

-ILZ

Hi Izalama !!

1. Let me get this straight. I only enter a trade (short for example) when candle closes below the 200SMA and also a red Supertrend. Am I right to say that I will also have to wait for the candle to close below the S&R (barry) as well ?? which basically means theres 3 conditions to meet in order to enter a trade ? Because in your post on the first page you mentioned this

"Long positions-

I enter long when -

1- price closes above ( IMPORTANT ā€“ PRICE MUST CLOSE ABOVE NOT JUST SPIKE THROUGH) the 200 SMA. It should clear the 50 level of the 200 SMA

2- Super Trend is Blue"

2.Yet how come people are saying that the price has to close below the S&R line (Barry) as well ??

Oh and i never move the stoploss down (long trade). It can only ever go up am i correct ?

ILZ,

Do you only adjust your SLā€™s on the open trades every four hours? Example: A trade is opened at EURUSD at 1am PST (I live in Los Angeles, so Iā€™ll use PST). At 5am the trade is +40 but was +50 pips max over the 1am to 5am candle. If you adjust your SL at the close of every candle, do use current market price or the max that price acheived?

Regards, Randy

Hi everyone,

Great thread, and thanks ILZ for sharing this system. One question though, Lately market has been trending well, how does this system work on ranging market? Do you get so many whipsaw? or no valid entry signal during range?

thanks

Ok everyone, a quick note.

The US has many news announcements coming out this morning.

As soon as you can, protect your trades.

-ILZ

Long USD/CAD @1.01803. Current Stop @ 1.01481
This trade you made todayā€¦ following your rules doesnā€™t the candle have to close above the S&R line as well instead of simply just the 200sma and supertrend ?

ā€œWhen the price breaks a level, it can break it by only, letā€™s say 10 pips and you could enter. If you have a level AHEAD of your price, thatā€™s less then 30 pips from entry price, then you should not enter.ā€

Wait a sec, wait a secā€¦ !?! When there is a level ahead you should not enter. From what I understood (maybe badly), you always need to break a level + 30 pips before entering the trade. AM I WRONG?? ILZ - PLEASE CONFIRM. This is critical and NOT clear.

Also, just breaking a level by few pips leads you to strong whipsawing and ranging markets, at least from my tests. ILZ, may you please comment/clarify in detail? Thanks.

ILZ,

Do you get big slippage from Oanda? Or would you recommend Oanda, since youā€™ve been using it for some time, now?
Pepperstone just threw in my face a 16 pips slippage on a SL on USDCHF. And that on a 0.01 lot on a major pair. They didnā€™t have this kind of slippage in the past, but it gets more and more often.

Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m starting to trade big with them under these conditions.

Did one order now. My entry was at pullback.

Red line is the 100 pips of stop loss.
The blue is the inital TP to move the price to breakeven + 3 pips.