TYG's Trading Story - Thoughts, Trades and Technicallity

Trades: EURUSD Account Safe Mode

Enjoy the trades, no attachment … :slight_smile:

Technicality: (3) EURUSD - Risk & Money Management

So far, we already have pattern to trade and rule to follow. We have 60% win rate, which is a pretty good strategy. Now we need to find a good model of risk and money management. As from second step, we involuntarily will use a single entry setup, we can see EURUSD’s range movement around 125 pips in H4. Others may laugh, but the most important thing is trade what you can see. If this is lame, no worries, we will optimize it later. We keep improving our methodology, getting more setup, lowering the risk and increasing the profit. These take time.

By following the SOP, we will have TP:SL: 50:50 pips. We have statistict 60% win rate, the consecutive loss is 2 times. Just put 3 times for safety.

50 pips equal to 500 USD / lot. So if we start with 0.01 lot it will be 5 USD / position.
If we are risking 5% each time, the capital you need will be 100 USD. Your max equity drop will be 5 x consecutive loss (3) = 15 USD.
With H4, you will trade 2-3 times / month with profit 50-60% / year. Yes, it’s considered too small for CFD. But by using the system, we have all thing covered for real.

At this step, we know the min. amount of money, volume and trading frequency. At here, we just trade, while we can start doing research for other type of signals or improving the existing method. We keep doing it, and this is how a trader can be improved. No other ways. The first step is the hardest, but need a lot of patient until you have one. :thinking:

Previous [ link ]

2 Likes

Dear All, I’m wondering if what I post here annoying you? :sweat_smile:

I know there is a possibility that I let some others feel uneasy. Please let me know. Also if I have been stepping the term and policy in this community. As have been mentioned, I have no intention to sell things here. I will avoid conflicts unnecessarily. If by chance, my present here will disturb any of your interest, feel free to let me know. I will look for other places. I’m a very open minded person, no ill feeling :grin:

Here is the result for this week. Market was moving sideways this week. This week, I couldn’t get much. There is also war I’m worry about. :cold_sweat:

Screenshot from 2024-10-06 20-44-48

Not in the least. Don’t get discouraged by the lack of participation, more people are reading than you think.

Keep going, there is value to your posts.

1 Like

Hi @MattyMoney, thanks for your encouragement. I just want to protect the funs without getting other irritated. :pray: :innocent:

1 Like

Trades: EURUSD - The Preliminary Sign of Reversal

What is happening with EURUSD? It’s Up or Down? Or …

As a technical trader, we are dealing with probability. Our mind have to be versatile. We can use anything but the reason will always the same.

Forget about anything, like how Bruce Lee once said: The Best Style is No Style.

By using Price Action, we can see currently market has no trend. There is double top, indicating a reversal. The price has broken the support. It’s a Quasimodo.
Using MA50, it also can be seen, MA50 has been broken. So what can we do here?

If we know how price action work, we will be very happy look at this pattern. It’s a lovely pattern, It smells good, It’s sexy in my eyes. :heart_eyes:

Nothing is for sure here. It’s like when you are trying to confess your feeling to one you love, either it’s a yes or an “Arigato” but “Sayonara” kind of answer. :sweat_smile:

Base on MA50, there will be a pullback, confirmed by price action pattern, it needs one more high to create a Lower High to fullfill the destiny of a downtrend. From here, there will be a small uptrend. The question is where?

From right side, we can see there are 2 nearest supports. Those will be the areas we need to watch. Where’s the target? Just wait until the reversal is confirmed. But we already know the potential area. As you can see before the price fell, there is an area, where price was being squeezed, like extracting a lemon :lemon:. what else … :thinking:

1 Like

Interesting read, thank you for your continued contribution - looking forward to more whenever you get a chance
John

2 Likes

Trade: EURUSD - Monday Closing :thinking:

As expected we can see reaction in the blue area. Will it be the reversing area? Don’t be too excited. We are trader, we are not trying to win something. Throw away all emotions, just keep our logical thoughts.

We draw a red line here, it’s the trend line. We will use it to capture the moment of breakout. When it happens, there will be a small up trend. It’s our choice to hop on, or just wait another ride. :thinking: The beginner will have doubts, only experiences can let it away …

I’m looking at the chart with nothing to do
The candle is moving, unknowingly where to go to
Breaking support and resistance without clue
Let me wondering, how my dream can become true.

:thinking:

Previous [ link ]

1 Like

Technicality: Trading Journal

One of the important things to improve our trading is Journal. This is how we can observe our instinct during live trading. When we have done with trading, reading the journal can be quite entertaining and we can see our weakness and solution immediately. The problem is how to make a proper Journal.

Most of us, thinking of journal mean book, spreadsheet, document. No, we can use forums like babypips. Thanks for babypips to provide such services. :saluting_face:

Using other method is not a good option for now. In 1999, I was using spreadsheet. It was messy, very difficult to maintain. I used book, I had to draw the chart. By using public forum will be very convenient.

What if we want to keep our journal private, can we still use public forum? Yes, it’s. In the past I taught my student to replace the keyword with something else. They had to compose a dictionary to what they like. They can share the dictionary to them they wanted to participate. Everyone can see the journal, but without the “dictionary” , surely one will vomit blood to understand the meaning :rofl:

The good journal must have 4 aspects:

• The key element of the analysis. It must be listed and has to be recorded every time. It can be indicator, chart analysis, fundamental, anything.
  • The psychological element during the time. You can write anything to describe your feeling. The feeling can be caused by price level, candle formation, floating, your balance or equity and external aspect during the time.
  • The result of the situation, just like you open a position, long or short and the reason above all of it.
  • Finally you need to write, when you close the position, profit or loss.

For example, I am a beginner. My trading skill is still limited. I know only Price Action and Moving Average. So, I only have this aspect as my perspective. I will call it PAMA. You can use any symbol you like.

Later on, when you know more, you have to change your perspective, for example you already know about the use of market range, you can create another symbol, for example PAMAR. If you don’t want to share your journal, don’t share the detail of your perspective.

Next if you don’t want to reveal your perspective, you can substitute every terminology to your liking. For example, I am a fan of The Fist of The North Star. I will replace anything to it.

Candle Stick = Chi / Power

Price Action=Kenshiro
Uptrend = Hokuto Shinken
Downtrend = Nanto Shinken
Sideways = Go Noken
Reversal = Yuria

MA=Raoh
Golden Cross=Hokuto Shinken
Death Cross=Nanto Shinken

Market Range=Toki

Next we will create EURUSD journal base on definition above. :sweat_smile:

Screenshot from 2024-10-08 11-32-44

Trades: EURUSD - Journal

Warning: you need dictionary to get the message!!

1. Analysis - PAMA

Kenshiro has been using Go Noken since yesterday. Yuria is showing above will let Kenshiro release Nanto Shinken. We have to wait a good momentum, since the power need to reach certain high so, Kenshiro can truly use Nanto Shinken.

As Raoh is now under Nanto Shinken. Raoh feel fatigue. Power is going back to Raoh.

Both Kenshiro and Raoh agree to move power up.

2. Psychology

My account is around 300 USD. The possible risk is 3 against 8, I will be happy if I can lower the risk to 2 against 8. If I loss, I still can wait for next Yuria that probably close enough to current Yuria. So a pending order is felt better. But I’m a bit worry if the power come up before visiting my order. what if … what if … what if … :thinking:

3. Action
I will do long, with target somewhere near Raoh. Raoh looks friendly enough.
I will use 0.01 lot, with SL, few pips under Yuria’s feet. I put a buy limit to at Yuria’s waist.

4. Result

As in October 11th, I lost. Yuria was too weak subdued by Nanto Shinken. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

A bit of a mental exercise to follow - have to learn a new language :smile:

2 Likes

I was thinking exactly the same! :smiley: I wasn’t sure whether commenting on this thread was welcomed or not, but hopefully this much is ok! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @SovoS, feel free to drop messages here. :innocent:

1 Like

Don’t worry, It was just an example. I won’t use it anymore :sweat_smile:

How about like this? :upside_down_face: :smile:

You mention the “death cross” which is a negative crossover of a long and short term MA’s, but I can only see one MA on your chart (50-period SMA?) Are you also using a 200-period SMA for the crossover?

Hi @SovoS, when there is only one MA on the chart, the death cross will be when the close candle crossing the MA. So, Raoh released Nanto Shinken when there is Power Crosing it :laughing:

Golden/Death cross don’t always need 2 MA,

OK, thks for the explanation.
If you are relying on just candle closes through the MA, then there is the risk of whipsawing in consolidating price structure. Are you using just the 4H chart? Do you also take any notice of the angle of your MA line at the time of the close through it?

Hi @SovoS , You are welcome :slight_smile:

I will consider cross over when the close candle bellow (death cross) or above (golden cross) MA. So when the candle tail has crossing the MA, without the rule above, I won’t be considered as crossover. Remember the MA is generated by Close Candle.

This method can be applied when we can see pattern in the instrument. It has to be applied on strong candle, H4 for EURUSD. Then angle of the MA isn’t considered here. But the MA’s angle usually considered when we trade minor pair. Reason is volatility. If the instrument has low volatility, the MA’s angle is important.

Use golden/death cross as complement. My primary technique is PA. Other tools are complement. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trade: EURUSD Journal

1. Analysis PAMAR

As we can see, Power is moving at Toki’s floor, the green line. Yuria is there. But Yuria doesn’t look good. Yuria has crossing the red line, to let us know hers existence.
Market is too slow today. No high impact news, it makes Yuria lying near Toki. Let see if FOMC can move Power around Yuria. Yuria need to reach Raoh, then Kenshiro will be furious to release a full set of Nanto Shinken … TA TAT TAT TAT TA … :rofl:

2. Psychology
I don’t feel good with Yuria. It seems Power will move bellow Yuria. I have doubt with Kenshiro. I don’t know what I scare of … is it because Kenshiro being ignored? Or, the shadow that keep looking at me. Shadow or ghost? Yes, I can see ghost, literally. :sweat_smile:

3. Action
Nothing to do for now, just wait for awhile

4. Result

Yuria, why don’t you lift the power?
Kenshiro is waiting for you bitterly.
Rhao is furious, but he love you deeply.
Yuria, where will you move unconditionally?

1 Like

Thoughts: It’s Time to Find A Better Place.

I’m a workaholic person. I enjoy my work as engineer, analyst and trader. When others take leave, I’m the only one online, monitoring chart.

I work for my family, getting older one by one my friends has gone. So, what else to do? I have done everything I wanted, only left things about my family.

It feels so exhausted sometime, then I need something different to do, such as gym, swimming, walking in the park or just wondering beside goose’s pond. When I feel so tired, visiting a forum also can be entertaining.

However, nothing is perfect. Sometime we meet someone so annoying, ruining my resting time. This kind of person is literally everywhere can’t be avoided, unfortunately. I am always think others in positive way, but the annoying people just doesn’t know how to behave and how to respect others.

As I said, I can see ghosts or spirits. Let call them spirits. Even the spirits will behave better compare to human nowadays. :sweat_smile: They know what is politeness, the same way I will be hesitate to disturb them.

Accompanied by the spirits feel better, pondering each other, resting my mind. Once I consulted with a psychiatrist, afraid of having mental illness and hallucinated. It was turned out I am normal, but still the phenomena is an anomaly in life.

It seems that I don’t have fate for having good friend in this world. My place is in between the spirits and cats, the wild cats.

Even as now, in front of my desk, two cats near me, one spirit is standing at one of the corners. :thinking: I am wondering if they can predict where XAU is going to?

2 Likes