Understanding Price Action by Chris Capre

First of all Hello to everyone here. Long time lurker first time poster.

Definitely a great informative post here. I must say Chris has done an excellent job keeping it simple and concise. I haven’t been able to read all the pages here but bits and pieces here and there.

I would like to know if I am on the right path here from what I’ve learnt so far on here.

What I see from this 4 hr USD/JPY chart is that 38.2 Fib level has been a support area for a bit and after being breached today, the price may pull back to that level and continue the downward trend. Am I on the right track to put a sell order around this key area with properly managed stop losses?

I appreciate your intentions and suggestions - definitely some I agree with.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Sandlent,

First off welcome aboard and good to have you here.

I’m more bearish than bullish, so would rather sell pullbacks than buy atm. The level you have looking for shorts is pretty solid. the 61.8 also works.

Also notice how the breakdown occurs intra-day at the 38.2 level you spotted, and the heaviest selling is on that candle and breakdown, so I think this level is pretty solid.

Keep in mind NFP is tomorrow, which can always be a game changer.

But overall, nicely done for 1st time poster so excellent work.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Everyone,

Hope you had some nice trades this week. I am holding a EU long trade from Wednesday.

With the NFP later today, I would like to know your thoughts on whether to keep this trade open or not.

In the mean time I missed Apex Predator ??

Hope he is doing good with trades.

Nice trade Perry. Close 1/2 position and tighten the stop loss.

No trader for me today. Friday + NFP don’t know what’s going to happen.

Hello Traders,

Each weekend I’ll be doing a quote which I think is both inspiring and helpful to your forex journey. Today’s weekend quote;

[B]“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have” - Bob Marley[/B]

Have a good weekend and see you tomorrow.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre
2ndSkiesForex

Hello Traders,

Lots of good setups for the week.

I do want to recap the Gold sell recommendation from the 1415/1420 levels.

looking at the chart below, we can see on the 4hr a pin bar formed at the key resistance level. notice how for the next 4 out of 5 bars, there were upside wicks and rejections?

this means for the next 20hrs, anytime the pair tried to rally, it was rejected by sellers.

the result was selling off another $35, so hopefully you profited from that.

its consolidating at 1380, and below this is 1360.

1420/1415 has clearly now addressed itself as the ‘line in the sand’ for the bulls to break, and bears to hold short and medium term

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hey Chris,
Where can i find your any of your teachings about price action? I looked through FXstreet but didnt find anything.

Thank you
Russ,

Hello Russ,

Are you speaking of beyond what is in this thread?

If so, you can visit my site (2ndskiesforex), where I have an entire section of videos and articles dedicated solely to price action.

Let me know if you need anything else and I am happy to help you find it.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Awesome.
Thanks Chris, I really appreciate what you are doing here.

Blessings,
Russ

Glad I could help. And welcome aboard. I think you will find this a unique thread dedicated to understanding price action in a different way, so do not hesitate to ask questions.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Hello Boys,

Another brand new week and Wish you guys good luck in this week.

I’ve just noticed a nice Engulfing candle bar on 4hr TF. May be a good place to look for 1.33

Any ideas Guys ???

Woh , small TF candles not looking good and better to wait for a possible signal…

Hi Perry,

Patience is the key in this game my friend. Support level held nicely & now EU back in action to go higher again.

Caught any trade ?

From my previous post, I was looking at the USD/JPY 4 hour chart, and I placed an order around the 38.2 Fib level which appeared to be a key resistance level as well as Chris’s confirmation of the same.

Today, my order got filled and with a new low, after my post, the resistance lies just below the 50.0 fib level.

We now also see a nice pin bar rejection, so hopefully it plays out well.

I’ve been able to do this, thanks to the wealth of information and input from all the members of BP as well as an invaluable thread like this by Chris.

Hello Sandlent,

Just as an FYI, I generally do not like to place trades on Sunday market open, and I minimally wait till the first london session before putting on trades.

Why?

Because the liquidity is not there, especially without the london session traders getting in for the week.

Once they get in, then I examine the trade idea and see if its still valid or not.

So hope this helps, but cannot remember the last trade I initiated on the market open before London - tis been a while.

Kind Regards,
Chris Capre

Sorry Chris, I am confused here. I am on Eastern Standard Time here in Canada, so London is 5 hours ahead of us.

And placed the order around 9 am Monday when it was 2 pm in London.

Am I missing something here?

Or do you mean that you wait until the 2nd London session for the week?

Just catching up on what ive been missing and I spot this beauty! Thats 2ndSkies for you! Always inspiring!

Ill try and increase my activity now ive freed up some time.

Maybe its time to start a Ichimoku thread? Theres obviously some demand, and ill be more than happy to contribute as well!

Just my thoughts.

Apex.