US Fed slashes rates to zero

This just happened.

3 Likes

U.S. commercial banks currently hold roughly $10.6 trillion in deposits. This use to be a liability to the Banking system having to pay interest every month to unsecured depositors… Once the Fed moves rates below 0%, this $10.6 Trillion becomes an Asset to the Banking system…

Assets become liabilities, Liabilities become Assets… US depositors will have been turned upside down.

Could see this coming a mile away… this is just the beginning… -4% is the target…

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.”
Mark Twain

2 Likes

No way??? That would be CCCCRAZZZY.

1 Like

Do you believe that AUD / USD and NZD / USD could appreciate with the Fed’s interest rate cut?

In my opinion despite the interest rate cut by the Fed, Australia and New Zealand also cut interest rates to boost the economy, and in addition, we live in a moment of risk aversion, so the dollar is still at an advantage in high yield currencies for being a safe haven. What do you think?

Crazy it is P - But REAL it is as well

Here’s an Aussi programme about 15 minutes long which goes into it in explainable form.

Deflating the value of your money by 4% is teh same as introducing 4.1666667% INFLATION into the economy - which bearing in mind that all “EU” countries are insistent that "Inflation should be pegged at 2% is irrational !

However - looking around us at a world which insits on the insane “facts” about Identity Politics, Men insisting they’re women and being allowed to compete in womens weightlifting competitions, and doing time in women’s prisons- Plant Food being classified as a pollutant and as a threat to life on earth, that it’s ok for 20,000 white English girl children a year to be gang raped - and the insistence that white men are “Spawn of the Devil” and need to be exterminated, just about fits in nicely :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is just the beginning and I believe that we will see more upheavals, strife and mayhem being played out before things improve for humanity. Things will likely get much worse before they improve.

According to HIndu scriptures, time is circular and we pass through 4 ages in each cycle, called Yugs. Each age has a distinct theme and each provides spiritual lessons to humanity. We are currently in the last yug, called Kali Yug. During this time we are destined to experience wars, disease and pestilence, unrestrained sexual indulgences, manipulations, lies, hypocrisy and much more along those lines. Good will become bad and bad will become good. We are seeing all of this come into being.

The good news is that when Kali Yug ends we will enter a golden age called Satya Yug. Satya means truth. The bad news is that nobody really knows when Kali Yug will end. All we can do is hang in there, help and support each other, and hope that these crazy times pass soon.

2 Likes

That’s a very interesting way to put it. :blush: Thanks for that! I hope you’re safe and well, and of course, I also hope these crazy times pass soon. :frowning: :frowning:

Crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy times indeed.
The streets will be empty, no planes in the sky, no cruise ships at sea etc when it’s announced that the world has entered a global recession

1 Like

If this Covid-19 pandemic really lasts until June (like some people are predicting), I wouldn’t be surprised about the global recession. :frowning:

All indicators point towards that tragic conclusion, sadly. :persevere:

1 Like

Many businesses are already hurting. We will likely see an unprecedented number of bankruptcies being filed and loss of jobs in all sectors before this is all over. Very sad and trying situation!

2 Likes

It might be inappropriate but, this is one of those times that we see the privilege of being a forex trader and staying at the comfort of our homes. :frowning:

1 Like

I really hope this pandemic ends soon before things get any worse. :frowning:

Stimulus is on the way. And bailouts to follow. There’s no other way, or the fear and panic will get deeper.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/17/trump-coronavirus-stimulus-package/

Something should be in the works for small business too. They are the backbone of the US

1 Like

Hi @BillyBobPimpton, Bail-in is what you really have to worry about…

2 Likes

We are already in trouble the only thing which can save us is powerful fiscal stimulus from governments of developed countries.

@AVSH, 8 days later and this is now fact… the world economies have hit a brick wall.

SO true - We have an elderly relative staying with us and both he and I are officially high risk and have been told by NHS to stay in the house for 12 weeks - That’s a pain because the next 3 months are my absolute favourite time of the year.

It’s difficult to forecast exactly what economic conditions will be like after they let us out again - but I’m interested to learn more about @QuadPip s Hindu phases - is there anywhere online I can look them up ? or can you expand a bit please ?

This is crazy stuff, the Fed want to restart the economy - this isn’t going to be pretty. the 2008 crash will be a drop in the ocean compared the one that’s coming.

Haven’t heard of this term, but that is a crazy scheme. Luckily the regular Joes and Janes, who don’t have $250K in the bank need to worry much.